IGNORED

Palace fan in peace

EliasCPFC

Hi,

I'm one of the unfortunate few going to the game tomorrow night. Train prices are a joke so I'll be driving down, was just wondering if there was anywhere free/cheap around the ground (no more than 20 min walk) to park, and if so where?

Or if anybody lives near the ground and is willing to let me park on their drive please? - I'll be happy to pay a small fee. Never driven to an away game other than Maidstone pre season if that counts haha, so not too sure how it works in regards to parking.

Cheers.

10 minutes ago, EliasCPFC said:

Hi,

I'm one of the unfortunate few going to the game tomorrow night. Train prices are a joke so I'll be driving down, was just wondering if there was anywhere free/cheap around the ground (no more than 20 min walk) to park, and if so where?

Or if anybody lives near the ground and is willing to let me park on their drive please? - I'll be happy to pay a small fee. Never driven to an away game other than Maidstone pre season if that counts haha, so not too sure how it works in regards to parking.

Cheers.

If you get here early you could park by the SS Great Britain and walk up. Not too expensive and pretty near the ground.

If you get off at Junction 19 M5 and head to ground that route (straight road) there is Bedminster Cricket Club parking (around £5) and 5 min walk to ground. The traffic from motorway though can take 30mins plus that time of night, and its only about 6miles!

Car Parking

Private parking is available in the area, please visit justpark.com for more information.
Parking is usually available in the Ashton Vale Rd. industrial estate and also limited match day parking available at Bedminster Cricket Club on a first come, first served basis.

there are actually 2 car parks, the first one has 2 exits and in my opinion is easier to get out of, take the a369 road off the Gordano roundabout keep going about 5 miles till you go down a steep hill it is 100 yards on your left you can see the ground from there.

50 minutes ago, EliasCPFC said:

Hi,

Cheers.

Go on https://www.justpark.com loads of locals rent out their drive ways on there. I went to the Burton game and paid £5.60 for parking 2 minutes from the ground. 

Portway park and ride. 

I f you continue on M4 and join the M5 southbound towards Avonmouth junction 18, then follow

A4 towards Bristol. Just after you have passed under the motorway bridge, on the right hand side

there is the Portway (A4) park and ride.

There you can get a park and ride bus direct to Ashton Gate starting at 17.20 which takes 20

minutes, return buses run for a couple of hours after the game has finished. Cost £4 unless

you have a bus pass, then it is free.

20 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Worst comes to worst you could park at @bristol in the centre and walk, only 20 mins max, also it’s along the river so very picturesque (if that’s your thing) also by the time you walk back after the game the Traffic will have cleared, but it will cost about a tenner

20 minutes if you're Steve Austin!

That's miles away.

They spent 6 million dollars getting Steve to BS3 from the @ Bristol car park in under half an hour.

36 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

20 minutes if you're Steve Austin!

That's miles away.

They spent 6 million dollars getting Steve to BS3 from the @ Bristol car park in under half an hour.

I’ve walked it a few times, google maps says 30 mins, took me about 20, it’s only 1.5 miles, closer than Temple Meads which a lot of people do

214EE32B-414B-4B32-BE2D-328D0E939C9B.png

Used Bedminster CC for the first time for the Burton game and if you don't mind paying £5 its very convenient, short walk and able to get away quickly afterwards. I imagine you'd be able to get onto the portway quickly enough to get up to the M4 if you're coming from that way. 

4 hours ago, Real Red said:

If you get off at Junction 19 M5 and head to ground that route (straight road) there is Bedminster Cricket Club parking (around £5) and 5 min walk to ground. The traffic from motorway though can take 30mins plus that time of night, and its only about 6miles!

Car Parking

Private parking is available in the area, please visit justpark.com for more information.
Parking is usually available in the Ashton Vale Rd. industrial estate and also limited match day parking available at Bedminster Cricket Club on a first come, first served basis.

3 minutes ago, hodge said:

Used Bedminster CC for the first time for the Burton game and if you don't mind paying £5 its very convenient, short walk and able to get away quickly afterwards. I imagine you'd be able to get onto the portway quickly enough to get up to the M4 if you're coming from that way. 

Easily the best option. Go down the M5 past Brizz and follow the instructions as above. A lot of countryside but when yo go down the steep hill (you'll know it, it's kin steep) it's at the bottom. Also if you are early you go straight by the Susspension bridge. Great for tourists and you can see the ground. Beer cheap and people are very nice and you can get grub in the Cricket clubhouse 

I'm a big fan of JustPark, not only because it guarantees you a space but it means you don't have to get there ridiculously early - your space is waiting for you.  Particularly useful for midweek games.  Normally three of us in the car so splitting the costs it works out less than £2 each - worth it just to stop my Dad having his standard coronary if we haven't found a space by 7pm.  There's nothing he loves more than a good panic.

If you arrive any time before 5.30pm, you should be able to park near the ground for free.  Any time after that, no chance.

Used the Portway Park and Ride on Saturday for the first time - usually get the train but the Severn Tunnel was shut.  I was impressed so that's always an option.

14 minutes ago, Vespa Red said:

If you arrive any time before 5.30pm, you should be able to park near the ground for free.  Any time after that, no chance.

Used the Portway Park and Ride on Saturday for the first time - usually get the train but the Severn Tunnel was shut.  I was impressed so that's always an option.

Got the wife too drop me off and pick me up, usually catch the train from Stj

6 hours ago, EliasCPFC said:

Hi,

Cheers.

Why do you say unfortunate Nigel?  Sounds like someone is making you go against your will.

Archived