IGNORED

City vs Manchester - Dustbin Thread (merged)

City fan 1982

Since Liverpool in '94 we've played then Premier League clubs:

Newcastle in '95 

Everton in '95, '99 and '05

Leeds in '97

Sheffield Wednesday in '99 

Leicester in 'O1 and '03

Middlesbrough in '07

Manchester City in '07,

Portsmouth in '09

.... and West Ham, West Brom, Watford, Stoke and Crystal Palace in recent times.  I think that's it although have probabably missed some.

We've also had a number of duals with Barcelona but none since 2013.

20 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

Why should non season ticket holders, get special treatment over other non season ticket holders just as "their mates got a season ticket"

Absurd suggestion, obviously dont have that much interest or would have membership etc, but as soon as its a big team you want them to get special treatment?

It was just a question mate. At no point did I say I thought it should be possible, I was simply asking what the deal was - I only ever attend with fellow ST holders so have no idea about ‘normal’ ticketing arrangements. 

6 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

This fits but i actually think the screamer i'm thinking of was from Matt Jackson v Everton in 1995? Can't find a vid to confirm but remember it being a completely unexpected player scoring it?

Correct Stevey - 

Did the scouting report on Joe Royles 'Dogs Of War' for that tie

We deserved to go through that day or at least a replay

Everton went on to win the Cup

1 hour ago, Rocky said:

Man City with Sven not a biggie?

But yes, Spurs, Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea at home would be dreamy.

Newcastle under Keegan at the helm was a relatively large team to draw in the league cup in 1995 -  they finished second in the premier league that season and only beat us 8-1 on aggregate over the two legs!

31 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Another related question is how many tickets man u or man c might let us have for an away tie and how many could we sell.

Im sure a home tie peicing would be gold.

Well Wolves had 6k at Man City last night so I'd have thought we'd get at least that for Man U, Arsenal, Spurs.  Chelsea and Leicester probably a bit less and then the nightmare tie that would be Bournemouth away where they'd be giving us about 1,500.

Personally hoping for a home tie against one of the big boys (sorry Leicester/Bournemouth that's not you) which would see us appear on Sky for a third time in December!

22 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Well Wolves had 6k at Man City last night so I'd have thought we'd get at least that for Man U, Arsenal, Spurs.  Chelsea and Leicester probably a bit less and then the nightmare tie that would be Bournemouth away where they'd be giving us about 1,500.

Personally hoping for a home tie against one of the big boys (sorry Leicester/Bournemouth that's not you) which would see us appear on Sky for a third time in December!

You’d hope that being the last ones standing out of 72 league clubs, we’ll be a TV game no matter who we play. 

But knowing Sky we could be playing Chelsea and they’d still pick Man U v Bournemouth or something. 

3 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

You’d hope that being the last ones standing out of 72 league clubs, we’ll be a TV game no matter who we play. 

But knowing Sky we could be playing Chelsea and they’d still pick Man U v Bournemouth or something. 

How many TV games are there? 2? What if there's a Manchester derby and a North London derby...

6 minutes ago, Red_Wizard said:

We will be at home to Man Utd. It's the future, I've tasted it.

Which would be quite amusing, if only to laugh at 'genuine Man Utd fans' who have never been to a match before, or been to Manchester, but like to watch them on Sky, contacting every City fan they know begging them to get them a ticket... in the away end.

12 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Which would be quite amusing, if only to laugh at 'genuine Man Utd fans' who have never been to a match before, or been to Manchester, but like to watch them on Sky, contacting every City fan they know begging them to get them a ticket... in the away end.

Let's not start on this topic, my urine might boil.

2 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I don’t think people could hold it against the club if prices were higher than vs Palace if it were someone like Man U, Chelsea etc. 

As an aside does anyone know if ST holders are able to buy more than just their own single seat? If we get a home tie then I was planning on going with a couple of non season ticket holders - just wondered if i’d be able to buy tickets for them or whether they’d have to wait until it went to general sale? 

Your mates can buy a membership like the rest of us if they want any sort of priority.

Sorry, I know you said you're not advocating this approach but any suggestion that STH might be able to buy for their mates really grinds me gears.

This was a big issue in 2008 when people who hadn't been all season stood just as good a chance of going to Wembley as a non-STH who'd attended 15 games. I know genuine fans who missed out that day. Thankfully, the membership scheme has effectively solved the problem.

3 hours ago, daored said:

I personally would want the club to make as much money as possible out of the tie. If we were to get an Arsenal, Man Utd / City or Chelsea it would be a sell out regardless of the price. 

Totally agree. We should all want the club to benefit as supporters. My mate paid £40 to watch the Leeds game and we had 24.5K for that one. No brainier keeper to category A. 

Archived