IGNORED

City vs Manchester - Dustbin Thread (merged)

City fan 1982

Due to well documented personal issues, I shan’t even be attempting to attend the game & it doesn’t bother me one bit & while I very rarely agree with anything that @Londoner posts, he’s spot on in this instance.

The club have to do whatever they can to maximise the financial income from this game, be that from ticket sales, membership sales, merchandising or TV money, they have to make what they can because for many years we have missed out on such opportunities.

If we had landed the tie at Old Trafford, we could of been looking at a 40% (or so) income from a roughly 60,000 attendance, instead we will have less than half of that!

And let’s not forget the bigger picture, all money made will help towards FFP & will allow the club to loosen the purse strings a bit to enable us to strengthen the squad even further & not have to totally rely on SL’s considerable wealth to bring in new players.

This could help us progress even further as a club & IF we could actually make it through to the semifinals, it would be amazing & help us progress even further! People need to start looking at the bigger picture & not whine because they might not get to see Bristol City play Man Utd because if we can progress as we have done recently, we could be playing them in the league soon.

There are worse things in life than not being able to watch a football match although reading some of threads that have been started on here since the draw, you would think not!!

Some people really need to put life into perspective because if not being able to go a football match is the worst thing that is going on in your life at the moment, you are very lucky people!!

I think prospect of premier league players playing at the gate is exciting in itself. For me they won’t make 11 changes but they won’t be unchanged. They will most likely start one of Rashford/Martial, we could see Pogba providing he’s fit and Ibrahimovic if he’s looking to get some match sharpness after lengthy time out. I’m looking forward that’s for sure.

1 minute ago, Flint says No said:

I think prospect of premier league players playing at the gate is exciting in itself. For me they won’t make 11 changes but they won’t be unchanged. They will most likely start one of Rashford/Martial, we could see Pogba providing he’s fit and Ibrahimovic if he’s looking to get some match sharpness after lengthy time out. I’m looking forward that’s for sure.

Aiden Flint v Ibrahimovic. Nice!

Im not jizzing myself as the bloke above so elequantly asked us not to, however this is the most exciting cup game since 89 and we have earned a crack at them. Let's make it a bloody good one!!!

7 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Aiden Flint v Ibrahimovic. Nice!

Im not jizzing myself as the bloke above so elequantly asked us not to, however this is the most exciting cup game since 89 and we have earned a crack at them. Let's make it a bloody good one!!!

Much rather play well in the league and be top by the time we play them and then lose. I can go to Old Trafford to see them if i want to. 

1 hour ago, ziderheadarmy said:

Got to be hinestthis is a cracking draw and I hope we can give them a game that said it will be great to see some world class players on show such as potentially Mata and Ibra. Would really like to see Ibra as he has had a superb career. 

Also be great to see arguably the best manager in the world at our place! 

Great draw for the club but all this fawning over them is a bit embarrassing tbh 

15 minutes ago, oldrosie said:

Pre recorded draw

A rugby and cricket player

And the mans arsenal and chelsea kept apart

statistical odds 2308 - 1

For someone not interested in going to the game or happy about the draw, you don’t half seem to be going on about it a lot!

I would of thought someone who wanted nothing to do with the match would just avoid talking about it instead of starting threads about it, maybe it’s just me?!?

1 hour ago, Rich said:

Will anyone have any spare tickets for the UNITED game? My wife, daughter in law, her mother, my next door neighbours friend and the paper boy want tickets. If anyone won't be able to attend that game, could they send me their tickets please. I'll obviously get the money off of those people and send it to you. Or if you give me your bank details and passwords, I'll transfer the cash straight over.

Thanks in advance,

Robin swyne.

not originally from Nigeria are you?

1 minute ago, Tipps69 said:

For someone not interested in going to the game or happy about the draw, you don’t half seem to be going on about it a lot!

I would of thought someone who wanted nothing to do with the match would just avoid talking about it instead of starting threads about it, maybe it’s just me?!?

The man is not happy unless  he is moaning about us in one context or another mate.

This one is special, Chris Garland was my first City hero. Yes I sang songs about walking a million miles for John Galley, singing Bobby Kellard is our king and all that , but Garland was the man for this football fanatic. The clips from this one are brilliant , although black and white I'm taken back to about 7 or 8 years old when I was given the all red kit for my birthday, I was so excited I manage to nag enough to be allowed to have the shorts early. 
Garland scored goals for City, went to a very good Chelsea side and and even played in the cup final Vs Stoke. Then onto Leicester for the same £100k he went to Chelsea for before returning to City. Scored important goals to help keep us up , was one of 'the 8' but loved to club to play on in a non contract capacity. Still way up there on my list of favourite players.

1 minute ago, Stortz said:

The man is not happy unless  he is moaning about us in one context or another mate.

I just find it a tad mind boggling that someone who is seemingly older than your bog standard attention seeking teenager, would continue to moan & complain about the same match which is just short of 2 months away from being played after only being drawn about 7 hours ago.

If he carry’s on at this rate, I think I might have serious concerns for his health because by the time the game is a week away (or so), he’ll possibly of blown a valve.

Half and half scarves is just something I cannot ever get my head around, why the hek anyone wants anything relating to an opposing club around ones neck is beyond me, even if it's a big name club.

I go to support bcfc and currently wear my late uncles beloved city scarf every game as a tribute to him.

Archived