IGNORED

Almost a third in.....

Robbored

33 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

I can see that we could try to pick up a young forward on loan, especially considering how well Tammy did here last season.

Hull brought in Frazier Campbell from Man Ure and he got the goals that propelled them up the play off places. Something similar would be good...

Didn't we also try and sign him at the same time?

2 hours ago, Tomarse said:

Possibly another right back, creative midfielder and another striker maybe would be on my list.  

Fair point on a striker, but someone would have to leave first you’d think? Already got Dhiedhou, Djuric, Taylor and sort of Reid. And we play one up top sometimes.

Right-back I think we might be ok. Wright does better than just “a job” in my book and having him as back-up means we don’t need an out and out replacement sitting on the bench, plus it gives him and Baker more combined game time.

3 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Yea it is why I am happy with the cup draw. That will bring in a bit of cash which could fund a high quality loan or two to help us out if we are still in a good position come January. I am just not aure what we need. Obviously a centre mid but for cover or to come in and start? Still top 6 come January you may not want to mess with too many things 

To come in and start. Creative goalscoring flair player. Bostock 

18 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

To come in and start. Creative goalscoring flair player. Bostock 

Where does he play though? Smith pretty much undroppable and Brownhill is often just as good as Korey Smith. Pack is ok as backup but could be another in that mix but not sure anyone brought in should play automatically. Not many that warrant being dropped at the moment. Plus, we aren’t struggling for goals or even opportunities to score. We carve out a few chances per game and generally take a couple.

If we did get a creative/goal scoring central midfielder he would also have to work exceptionally hard for the team in a midfield two. For what it is worth, I think Brownhill can be that player just still settling into that role. 

3 hours ago, petehinton said:

I've said before but if we're anywhere from 7th upwards in January, I think we'll spend ******* millions in the window. On a big player in the division. We will need it to get us over the line, it's what we lacked in 2008 and IMO ultimately cost us. 

Agree totally, we’ve seemed to be a club that spends on the way down not on the way up.

21 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

There will be a fine line between spending big and not rocking the boat with the existing squad however.

1 or 2 big name players will boost morale & make all the players sit up and think "Christ, we might actually do this". The current crop we have don't seem the type to think "ffs we've just signed Barry Bannan & Britt Assombolonga, what a load of shite, that might get us promoted but I won't play now **** this". Obviously those two are just names plucked out of the air but you get my vibe.

LJ etc have proved this season that they know the type of person/player that is good for the current group.

Archived