IGNORED

Bailey Wright - Suspended for 2 matches

View from the Dolman

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

Please for the love of god don't play Vyner. 

He is not ready for a game of this magnitude against a Warnock team.

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

Please for the love of god don't play Vyner. 

He is not ready for a game of this magnitude against a Warnock team.

Oh here we go. Let's all slag off Zak Vyner before we even know if he'll be in the side.

5 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Taylor’s nose being broken, or not, was irrelivent to the fact that the Leeds player headbutted him! 

I appreciate that but if the FA feel they have been conned by a NON premier league team then they will be bitter. They make the rules but have difficulty applying them consistently. 

Problem here is if you're whacked on the ball 2-0 up you're going to stay on the floor to run the clock down or for a breather. 

It's probably unfortunate that the player got a red for it, so I get the angle of "deception". But the way Wright went down seemed more like gamesmanship. 

Its a mess that has to be sorted out in football, hopefully it doesn't effect our results. 

Apologies if this has been suggested previously, but maybe the club should back BW in suing the FA for defamation. The PFA could help too. Basically, the FA are calling BW a cheat. They have punished him for it. They would have to prove that he is a cheat in a court of law to successfully defend the suit. I cannot see how they can do that.

3 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

In the video, it's not picked up by the cameraman unless there is another video I haven't seen. So difficult to judge. I assume that the FA will have to produce their evidence before it goes to court.

Video footage on the City statement page on website. 

38 minutes ago, hodge said:

Bloody hell just realised it was Scott Duncan the same referee who was in charge of Carlisle vs Wycombe, the game which involved the incident with Shaun Miller being the first guy to get retrospectively suspended for simulation. Any coincidence this guy has already been involved with 2 decisions that have been reversed or just the common factor of him being shit?

In fairness the linesman gave this decision. Ref was busy booking flint at the time and didn’t see it, so can’t be blamed for this one.

Lets look at facts:

Is it an assault in terms of the law? Yes. 

Is it a red card? Maybe. 

Can we definitely tell that Wright was struck to the face? No. 

Can we definitely tell that Wright wasn’t struck to the face? No. 

Can we definitely say that Wright over egged it? No. 

Irrespective of club allegiance this appears to be the most bizarre decision I’ve ever known the Fa to make. 

Just watched this, and just honestly think the FA must have been on the gin or something. Just can not make any sense of it.

There is a video clear as day of their guy running in to our guy, totally needlessly and unprovoked. Did Wright over egg it? To be honest, I have no idea. What is entirely clear is that this is not a case where there is overwhelming evidence that he has. This is not 'normal' contact.

Complete and utter codwallop.

3 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

Pushed in the chest gone down holding his face. 

Simple push isn't enough for a red card is it? I've only ever seen players be booked for pushing. 

So the red was obviously issued on the basis he was hit in the face. 

If it wasn't a City player I'm not so sure you'd all be seeing it the same way. 

A push is violent conduct mate, happened to me years ago and ref sent me off 

As I said before as Kamara punishment was not even reduced to a yellow card, this implies that his actions are now not deemed as a foul so Bailey Wright must be deemed to have dived. 

So if pushing a player to the ground while play has stopped, is no longer a yellow card, then there will be some interesting sights over the coming weeks, and the appeal panel will be very very busy.

A lawyer would tear the logic of this decision to pieces. So I would suggest the FA are very nervous about repercussions of labelling a footballer a cheat on such evidence and logic. 

Im right behind the FA in terms of what they are trying to achieve with this kind of action. However, they have clearly got this one very wrong. 

Takes a certain starter out if the team 24 hours before a game with no appeal route. Just plain wrong.

43 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Laughable. A big tough Aussie gets a whack on the torso so clutches his face and his legs collapse.

He'll be playing in a pink tutu next!

I'm sure dislocating your knee was excruciating btw but the same level of agony seems highly unlikely in Wright's case.

Perhaps you would like to repeat the scenario with a similar sized athlete and see how you react?

i dare say you will go down like a sack of shit!!

2 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Perhaps you would like to repeat the scenario with a similar sized athlete and see how you react?

i dare say you will go down like a sack of shit!!

Yeah. Thanks. That's provided much needed clarity as to whether Wright was or pretended to be struck in the face hard enough for him to fall to the floor and lie there clutching his face long enough for the ref to walk over to his linesman, have a discussion for 30 seconds, then (rightly) show the Fulham player a reed card. Yeah. Thanks.

Archived