IGNORED

Does anything separate Bristol City from other football clubs?

ZiderEyed

4 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Now I know that this is a long held urban myth but it's also quite amusing to see on the Bristol Rugby forum that they believe quite the reverse; that Bristol is traditionally dominated by football and that is to their detriment. 

Maybe the truth is that neither are right and we just need an "alternative fact" as a scapegoat to help us all sleep at night! 

Bristol v Bath last season got 16k. That’s the rugby equivalent of City v Rovers. I think it’s a complete myth to say that the South West is a rugby area ahead of football.

4 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Our owner.

'One For the Bristol City'/'Drink up thy Zider'

120+ years of history at Ashton Gate.

Redeveloped 27k Stadium in our spiritual home.

The Ashton Gate 8

Football League Trophy winners 3 times

Purple and Lime

John Atyeo

Joint record holders for most consecutive wins.

Over a century of League Football.

Every club will have things that separate them from other clubs, some of these things are completely unique to Bristol City. Some of these things are shared by other clubs but not by every club.

Even clubs with quirky kits and a silly nickname are not alone in having a quirky kit and a silly nickname. Clubs with loads of honours are not alone in having loads of honours.

This is one that always puzzles me. It's tantamount to saying we're proud of inventing football clubs going bust and effectively conning some poor lads out of money we owed to them. Theres a certain dignity in what they did but there also tragedy in the fact that they barely had a choice.

Apart from that though I agree that we have a lot that marks us out, that we might not be the country's most successful club by a long shot, but that we have an identity and we have a passionate group of fans who its a pleasure to travel the country with.

4 hours ago, Sixtyseconds said:

One of the clever coves wrote an oratory about what made fans different.

Can't remember the exact righteous words but ..

When Arsenal and Chelsea win things fans celebrate with a skinny latte.

When Manchester United win nothing fans demand a head.

Bristol City fans celebrate just being with cider and the Lions flag day.

Win lose always booze.

3 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Now I know that this is a long held urban myth but it's also quite amusing to see on the Bristol Rugby forum that they believe quite the reverse; that Bristol is traditionally dominated by football and that is to their detriment. 

Maybe the truth is that neither are right and we just need an "alternative fact" as a scapegoat to help us all sleep at night! 

Yep it's hard to decide which way we really are, I think the Rugby lot are less loyal to their sport, but not so if you are City or the other shambles, Football supporters are more passionate. Bath is certainly more Rugby as is Gloucester Worcester, Exeter and so on, Rugby Union is a big deal around the West Country. 

I am convinced without Rugby Bristol football would have achieved more.

Been looking at the allocations other Clubs (Premier League) give away fans...Bear in wind we give Manure fans 2,641 tickets

There is no point in making any comparison with Arsenal or Tottenham, so I wont bother.

Swansea: 2,000

West Brom: 3,000

Stoke: 2.800

Palace: 2.000

Burnley: 2.414

Saints and Brighton: around 3.300

Apologies to the Manc Mongerels, but they arent getting such a raw deal....maybe the Post is stirring things up and creating and mountain where there is barely a molehill (again). What sort of Journalist would exaggerate the truth?

WRONG TOPIC>>>IDIOT<<<IGNORE

What sets us apart? Easy, we have it all to look forward to, its like Xmas eve every day for us in the hope of gifts...........Meanwhile at ManUre, Cheski, and ManDhabi, they have gorged on cake all day every day and expect cake later too. Money cannot buy the feeling we have to look forward to, the story of Lee Johnson a player who lost in the final managed by his Dad who then went on to manage the that team under the same SL, the world's greatest ever Chairman/owner, a true fan of the game. Maktub, the story, it is written.

And the story will be written. 

13 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

Been looking at the allocations other Clubs (Premier League) give away fans...Bear in wind we give Manure fans 2,641 tickets

There is no point in making any comparison with Arsenal or Tottenham, so I wont bother.

Swansea: 2,000

West Brom: 3,000

Stoke: 2.800

Palace: 2.000

Burnley: 2.414

Saints and Brighton: around 3.300

Apologies to the Manc Mongerels, but they arent getting such a raw deal....maybe the Post is stirring things up and creating and mountain where there is barely a molehill (again). What sort of Journalist would exaggerate the truth?

WRONG TOPIC>>>IDIOT<<<IGNORE

To be fair to the post there was a very similar (and equally ridiculous) article in the Manchester Evening News a couple of weeks ago. And they are at least quoting the United Supporters Trust, so it’s not without substance.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-utd-fixtures-bristol-tickets-13873851.amp

Edit - also fell into the wrong topic trap! Apologies.

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

To be fair to the post there was a very similar (and equally ridiculous) article in the Manchester Evening News a couple of weeks ago. And they are at least quoting the United Supporters Trust, so it’s not without substance.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-utd-fixtures-bristol-tickets-13873851.amp

dreadfully sorry to the Manc Mongerels but we dont have a capacity of a City inside our four walls. I think their capacity is larger than the City of Bath (without looking it up). I may be wrong, but I bet there isn't much in it

1 hour ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

dreadfully sorry to the Manc Mongerels but we dont have a capacity of a City inside our four walls. I think their capacity is larger than the City of Bath (without looking it up). I may be wrong, but I bet there isn't much in it

Old Trafford - 75,643

Weston-super-Mare - 76,143

14 hours ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

Bath - c.90,000. So you'd need to upgrade to the Nou Camp or Wembley to cram them all in. But your point stands.

14 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Old Trafford - 75,643

Weston-super-Mare - 76,143

Is Old Trafford is the only stadium big enough to accommodate all the Blue few that are locked out at away games?

Archived