IGNORED

Matchday parking

bengalcub

On 08/12/2017 at 08:53, Dollymarie said:

Some of the residents have been buying their own that look very similar to real ones, and putting those out. They can be ignored I’ve been assured. Would love to have a definitive list of the roads that the official cones are on, so we know to ignore any others.  

Thats good to hear. Because all I do is park there anyway and put the cones in my boot 

On another note...if anyone wants to buy any cones, Ive got a lovely collection of them in my garage...

11 minutes ago, RedM said:

Going off at a tangent here, but help needed please. I have a hard standing for parking which allows me offstreet parking but the access is from a lane. There is no dropped kerb as there is no pavement. I only have to drive about one car length then I am off the lane and turn right and drive up a road. I am in one of the ‘dead end’ bits of a ‘T’ shape. My problem neighbour who has no off street parking recently has began parking in my T bit, blocking my double gates so I can’t get in or out at times.

i believe it is an offence for him to block me in, as I am prevented from ‘joining the highway’ and I believe I have no right to attempt to park on my hard standing, if he’s blocking it tough. I do sometimes park on the lane, blocking no one else in only across my gates. 

Neighbour has told me this weekend he is putting double gates in, not going anywhere as he is not attempting to park on his garden or build a hard standing. Again no dropped kerb. He is slap bag in the middle bit of the T, so at the top of an I so to speak. He that’s threatened me not to park infront of his double gates. He is moving his existing gate along and told me he is doing that to annoy me, it will cause inconvenience as I will be pushed more into the corner and he can park across his gates totally blocking me in.

i told him I will be calling the police every time he refuses to move and he said ‘that’s alright I’ll tell them I had a drink and can’t move’ They are very aware of him already.

so if he puts gates up, no dropped kerb, gates that lead nowhere except to access by foot to his garden, where do I stand if I park across them to avoid being blocked in by him

Putting Gates up is irrelevant M if they have no purpose , arnt to a driveway / hardstanding , with an associated and authorised drop kerb

(In theory) could he park if he drove a car thro th proposed double gates (Is there a Drive hard standing or just a garden ? - Reading your post I think it's just a garden ?)

If he has no facility to even park - The gates are , you can regard basically a hedge or a wall , a red herring , a boundary , albeit allowing foot access which is irrelevant to parking

Might he worth giving Council (Highways) a call to double check 

13 minutes ago, RedM said:

Going off at a tangent here, but help needed please. I have a hard standing for parking which allows me offstreet parking but the access is from a lane. There is no dropped kerb as there is no pavement. I only have to drive about one car length then I am off the lane and turn right and drive up a road. I am in one of the ‘dead end’ bits of a ‘T’ shape. My problem neighbour who has no off street parking recently has began parking in my T bit, blocking my double gates so I can’t get in or out at times.

i believe it is an offence for him to block me in, as I am prevented from ‘joining the highway’ and I believe I have no right to attempt to park on my hard standing, if he’s blocking it tough. I do sometimes park on the lane, blocking no one else in only across my gates. 

Neighbour has told me this weekend he is putting double gates in, not going anywhere as he is not attempting to park on his garden or build a hard standing. Again no dropped kerb. He is slap bag in the middle bit of the T, so at the top of an I so to speak. He that’s threatened me not to park infront of his double gates. He is moving his existing gate along and told me he is doing that to annoy me, it will cause inconvenience as I will be pushed more into the corner and he can park across his gates totally blocking me in.

i told him I will be calling the police every time he refuses to move and he said ‘that’s alright I’ll tell them I had a drink and can’t move’ They are very aware of him already.

so if he puts gates up, no dropped kerb, gates that lead nowhere except to access by foot to his garden, where do I stand if I park across them to avoid being blocked in by him

This is where break fluid drawn in the shape of a penis on his bonnet comes in handy

18 hours ago, bengalcub said:

Quick update as I’m sure some of you were dying to hear , £50 ticket through today and paid , I’ll pass the baton on to the next poor city fan to get stitched up by the pick and choose police parking warden fellow...

you weren't stitched up you parked illegally and got caught,

End of story

19 hours ago, bengalcub said:

Quick update as I’m sure some of you were dying to hear , £50 ticket through today and paid , I’ll pass the baton on to the next poor city fan to get stitched up by the pick and choose police parking warden fellow...

I've thought long and hard about this and I think I've worked out how to avoid being "stitched up".  I think they tend to mainly pick the ones that are parked illegally and choose to leave the ones that aren't.  I might be wrong, but possibly worth a try.

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Putting Gates up is irrelevant M if they have no purpose , arnt to a driveway / hardstanding , with an associated and authorised drop kerb

(In theory) could he park if he drove a car thro th proposed double gates (Is there a Drive hard standing or just a garden ? - Reading your post I think it's just a garden ?)

If he has no facility to even park - The gates are , you can regard basically a hedge or a wall , a red herring , a boundary , albeit allowing foot access which is irrelevant to parking

Might he worth giving Council (Highways) a call to double check 

That’s what I thought, eg if the gates have no purpose they might as well not be there. The width of his garden is about a car and a half across. It is all open except for a single gate and a 4’ wide shed which is backed onto the lane. This weekend he has knocked the shed down leaving a hard standing too small to even fit a tiny car on, ok maybe a smart car. He has no room to expand as between that and a slightly wider patch of grass is his path which is a steep set of concrete steps going down towards his house. His existing gate hangs mid air so to speak, with the shed (now gone) and no other fencing. His plan as I said is to put gates right up to my boundary and across to his existing gate ( previously I had the 4’ of room due to the width of his shed).

i ve looked online and it’s all about dropped kerbs etc. The info isn’t easy to find. I think I will have to consult the council. The lane is probably 30 houses long but you can’t drive from one end to the other as it narrows too much in places, access is from 3 different streets at 90 degree angles to it. Some people have garages, some have gated hard standings, or at least a fence along. None of us have a dropped kerb as there is no kerb. To my knowledge the lane has been in use since the house was built in the 1960’s. 

This is how close he parks to me, my car is the silver one which was parked first. 

CE06FD7F-19DD-4E68-8AC1-314E585599E1.jpeg

20 minutes ago, RedM said:

That’s what I thought, eg if the gates have no purpose they might as well not be there. The width of his garden is about a car and a half across. It is all open except for a single gate and a 4’ wide shed which is backed onto the lane. This weekend he has knocked the shed down leaving a hard standing too small to even fit a tiny car on, ok maybe a smart car. He has no room to expand as between that and a slightly wider patch of grass is his path which is a steep set of concrete steps going down towards his house. His existing gate hangs mid air so to speak, with the shed (now gone) and no other fencing. His plan as I said is to put gates right up to my boundary and across to his existing gate ( previously I had the 4’ of room due to the width of his shed).

i ve looked online and it’s all about dropped kerbs etc. The info isn’t easy to find. I think I will have to consult the council. The lane is probably 30 houses long but you can’t drive from one end to the other as it narrows too much in places, access is from 3 different streets at 90 degree angles to it. Some people have garages, some have gated hard standings, or at least a fence along. None of us have a dropped kerb as there is no kerb. To my knowledge the lane has been in use since the house was built in the 1960’s. 

This is how close he parks to me, my car is the silver one which was parked first. 

my mum and dad have a lady across the road, her and her mother park like that and leave a note saying to park on your own side of the road,

it was quite funny seeing their neighbor hitting both those bints car's constantly until he got out,

If it didn't cause damage to your car then I'd suggest doing the same but sadly it won't help,

Sadly I think the only thing you can do is call the police and if they manage to come along they will issue a fixed penalty notice, but it may pay to ask @JulieH she may be able to help on the issue

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

my mum and dad have a lady across the road, her and her mother park like that and leave a note saying to park on your own side of the road,

it was quite funny seeing their neighbor hitting both those bints car's constantly until he got out,

If it didn't cause damage to your car then I'd suggest doing the same but sadly it won't help,

Sadly I think the only thing you can do is call the police and if they manage to come along they will issue a fixed penalty notice, but it may pay to ask @JulieH she may be able to help on the issue

I used to have people steal my windscreen wipers to try and stop me parking where I was allowed to on a road, funny part being on the same there was a car park for actual residents, also had fake police notices about parking in the wrong place left on my windscreen saying final warning.... which then got left for a second time 

There are some real odd people about for sure. I would never damage his car, but anyway it isn’t his. It’s a mobility one as his wife is disabled, and I mean that in the loosest sense. Wonder if I should pick up a few parking cones fromaround Ashton Gate :laughcont:

2 hours ago, RedM said:

Blimey M you have got a delight there

Dropped kerbs as far as I am aware need to be authorised / permission from Council

As for the photo of the parking above - if he effectively blocks you in by parking so ridiculously and pathetically close I would consider contacting the Police as I would suggest he is causing an obstruction (assuming this is on part of the public road ?) by doing so and what he is doing could well be regarded as harassment 

id certainly suggest you keep a diary of any incidents and photos and video where necessary in case they are needed further down the line

What a muppet

Rereading your description M my one concern is , is the lane this all appertaining to a Public Road (i.e. 'Maintained at Public expense'' ) otherwise if it's not , things like obstruction etc don't apply 

3 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I've thought long and hard about this and I think I've worked out how to avoid being "stitched up".  I think they tend to mainly pick the ones that are parked illegally and choose to leave the ones that aren't.  I might be wrong, but possibly worth a try.

40 plus years and I've never been stitched up regards to parking. Where am I going wrong?

2 hours ago, RedM said:

Not @bengalcub is it trying to get 10m away from a junction?

1 hour ago, RedM said:

There are some real odd people about for sure. I would never damage his car, but anyway it isn’t his. It’s a mobility one as his wife is disabled, and I mean that in the loosest sense. Wonder if I should pick up a few parking cones fromaround Ashton Gate :laughcont:

Not all disabilities are visible and if she has a mobility car, then she is claiming the highest rate of disability allowance.

The tests for this benefit are pretty tough these days and anyone with a mobility car undoubtedly needs one.

32 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Not all disabilities are visible and if she has a mobility car, then she is claiming the highest rate of disability allowance.

The tests for this benefit are pretty tough these days and anyone with a mobility car undoubtedly needs one.

She has got a bad hip, no doubting she has as 20 odd years ago she had an operation. She never goes out though, probably won’t get in a car with him as his a drink driver (daily). The police are very aware of him and his actions towards us ( not recpricated in any way), but they have never managed to catch this drunk. The parking is fairly recent, from about August onwards, building up to a head now though. 

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Blimey M you have got a delight there

Dropped kerbs as far as I am aware need to be authorised / permission from Council

As for the photo of the parking above - if he effectively blocks you in by parking so ridiculously and pathetically close I would consider contacting the Police as I would suggest he is causing an obstruction (assuming this is on part of the public road ?) by doing so and what he is doing could well be regarded as harassment 

id certainly suggest you keep a diary of any incidents and photos and video where necessary in case they are needed further down the line

What a muppet

Rereading your description M my one concern is , is the lane this all appertaining to a Public Road (i.e. 'Maintained at Public expense'' ) otherwise if it's not , things like obstruction etc don't apply 

I had a PCSO here last Friday. He called the police to tell me to move my car as he was knocking down his shed. In the mean time he placed rubbish bags under my car and blocked me in with more rubbish. The PSCO told him to move it which he did. Her quote when seeing the photo above was ‘that’s either ridiculously bad parking or he’s trying to annoy you’ , well no Shite Sherlock I thought. He told her he was knocking down his shed to build a hard standing. She went away happy. The next day he to,d me different, he was putting gates to spite me basically. Hence I’m looking on this thread for the gates, dropped kerb parking advice.

it is a public maintained lane. We had confirmation from the council years ago. In fact their son had an untaxed car he used to park on the lane. He has long since left home and nobody has parked their for years so my daughter when she passed her test and got a car started to in the Summer. Then suddenly neighbour from hell decides he wants to and started blocking her in etc. Anyway he thought it was a private lane and argued when the car was towed away to the car pound, the council said it was public and has since put drains in for rainwater. The lane has street lighting too which apparently indicates it is a public lane.

we have previously has an harassment case against the wife, and an assault case against him. Both went to court and they pleaded guilty. He has since had an assault warning. I have never been warned or cautioned in anyway nor has any family member (just making this clear)

17 minutes ago, RedM said:

I had a PCSO here last Friday. He called the police to tell me to move my car as he was knocking down his shed. In the mean time he placed rubbish bags under my car and blocked me in with more rubbish. The PSCO told him to move it which he did. Her quote when seeing the photo above was ‘that’s either ridiculously bad parking or he’s trying to annoy you’ , well no Shite Sherlock I thought. He told her he was knocking down his shed to build a hard standing. She went away happy. The next day he to,d me different, he was putting gates to spite me basically. Hence I’m looking on this thread for the gates, dropped kerb parking advice.

it is a public maintained lane. We had confirmation from the council years ago. In fact their son had an untaxed car he used to park on the lane. He has long since left home and nobody has parked their for years so my daughter when she passed her test and got a car started to in the Summer. Then suddenly neighbour from hell decides he wants to and started blocking her in etc. Anyway he thought it was a private lane and argued when the car was towed away to the car pound, the council said it was public and has since put drains in for rainwater. The lane has street lighting too which apparently indicates it is a public lane.

we have previously has an harassment case against the wife, and an assault case against him. Both went to court and they pleaded guilty. He has since had an assault warning. I have never been warned or cautioned in anyway nor has any family member (just making this clear)

He sounds like a right bellend.

16 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

Yes you can if there's no car to come off the driveway you can.  It's  in the Highway Code as you are not obstructing any one.

Or ask Julie 

You can also park on someone's drive if you wish.

What you're allowed to do... and what should you avoid?

• You can't vandalise their cars. Even seemingly minor things like spraying chip fat on the windscreen or blocking the exhaust, these acts could still be classed as vandalism – and could have very serious consequences.
  • If a vehicle is parked on your driveway without your permission, they would be trespassing. As trespass is a civil and not criminal offence the police will not always get involved. They can send an officer to try and determine the owner of the vehicle and ask them to move.
  • If someone's actually ON your driveway, and you fancy blocking them in as revenge, be careful not to cause an obstruction on the highway. This is a criminal offence, and the police can be called.
  • A homeowner has no special legal right to park directly outside their property. All road users have the same right to park anywhere on the public highway as long as they do not contravene parking restrictions.
  • If you want to keep a space outside your home using cones or another obstacle could be viewed as obstruction and leave you liable to prosecution – unless your local authority has granted you the right to do so for something like a funeral.
  • Definitely don't ram any cars or tow them away. The only exception to towing is if the police deem it to be abandoned – and then only they can get rid.

2 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Someone blocked me into a car park space once.  Fortunately, I had 4 mates in the car and together we bounced the offending motor away sideways into a space about 3 inches longer than the car with a fence at each end.  No idea if he ever managed to get it out :)

That`s it isn`t it? These tossers don`t think of the consequences to them. My particular bugbear is idiots in 4x4s who park in places like supermarket carparks and give themselves plenty of room to open their huge drivers doors resulting in their passenger side being about six inches from my door.

What they fail to notice though is that my car is a dented, rusty heap of crap and I couldn`t care less if it got a few more scratches or dents on it. The satisfaction of whacking my drivers door repeatedly into their passenger one `by accident` is extremely satisfying. I`ve sometimes even moved and parked in another space where I can see their reactions when they get back - priceless!

16 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

That`s it isn`t it? These tossers don`t think of the consequences to them. My particular bugbear is idiots in 4x4s who park in places like supermarket carparks and give themselves plenty of room to open their huge drivers doors resulting in their passenger side being about six inches from my door.

What they fail to notice though is that my car is a dented, rusty heap of crap and I couldn`t care less if it got a few more scratches or dents on it. The satisfaction of whacking my drivers door repeatedly into their passenger one `by accident` is extremely satisfying. I`ve sometimes even moved and parked in another space where I can see their reactions when they get back - priceless!

Parked at Sainsbury’s Emerson’s this weekend to go to cashpoint. Wife and kids stayed in car and the **** next to me in his jag apparently whacked his door right into mine when he got out. I guess he only saw an empty driver seat in my car

When the Mrs told me, I suddenly needed to get back out of my car and may have accidentally smashed my door into his 3 or 4 times

10 hours ago, TRL said:

This is where break fluid drawn in the shape of a penis on his bonnet comes in handy

Great shout. 

A year or so ago I found myself involved in a small incident where someone took exception to me beeping at him when he pulled right out in front of me very nearly causing an accident while I had my 2 young kids in the car.  Long story which ended up in a bit of a Mexican stand off before he drove off

I did note his reg number and where he turned off the main road but despite numerous attempts to locate where he lived I had no luck

My Plan was to walk past his car early in the morning and leave a polystyrene cup of brake fluid on his roof. The cup would slowly dissolve allowing the fluid to spread all over his car leaving a nice new paint job

Im not usually vindictive but selfish bellends with no thought for others does tend to wind me up a bit

41 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

So it's you who keeps denting my car

Archived