IGNORED

Take a bow LJ

Abraham Romanovich

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Don’t you think that would be the decent thing to do, having been proven very wrong..? 

I wouldn't say 'very wrong'. It was one match but a very immature reaction from me to a pathetically inept performance from City that night. 

At least I wasn't one who reckoned they'd boycott matches if LJ stayed in charge or renew their season cards..................:facepalm:

54 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I wouldn't say 'very wrong'. It was one match but a very immature reaction from me to a pathetically inept performance from City that night. 

At least I wasn't one who reckoned they'd boycott matches if LJ stayed in charge or renew their season cards..................:facepalm:

If I received an email from someone, telling me what I’m doing is wrong and giving me their opinion on how things should be done differently and then things transpired that I was actually right to stand by my decision and all parties were benefiting from my holding my nerve, then I’d quite like a follow up email, eating some humble pie and giving credit where it was due, as they felt it was appropriate to tell me their thoughts in the first place. 

21 hours ago, bengalcub said:

Hands up little Lee has turned it around majorly, earnt my respect for sure I do my mind ne admitting I was wrong I wanted him gone when we dropped into bottom three last season .

I think more on here who would admit to it probably felt the same, and lets be honest who could really blame them, just goes to show sometimes it does pay to have faith in somebody.

On 04/12/2017 at 15:26, ForeverRes said:

Lee Johnson really has done a top job. 

Regardless of whether you were Johnson in or Johnson out last year, I hope everyone is appreciating what a very good team we are right now. 

Its obvious there are still those out there who still don't like him. Probably those that  berated him last year, and can't deal with the fact they were proven wrong (you only have to look at the replies to Citys twitter when the team is announced every week, there are those who still think they know better). On the flip side, there are also so many that wanted him out but have recognised the turnaround and are fully backing him.

For me personally, I backed him through the tough times, and I am delighted like most at our current situation. He's passionate about Bristol City, and I think this is reflected in our players and our play. 

Long may this continue.

Isn't that just the nature of a football supporter, we always inverter until it actually happens.

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I do wish he would shave off that awful beard though. I really don't like beards and was always told never to trust someone who had one.  Sorry to any beardies on OTIB :)

I'm a beardy, and I think LJ shouldn't change a sodding thing right now, if we're winning the beard stays!!

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

If I received an email from someone, telling me what I’m doing is wrong and giving me their opinion on how things should be done differently and then things transpired that I was actually right to stand by my decision and all parties were benefiting from my holding my nerve, then I’d quite like a follow up email, eating some humble pie and giving credit where it was due, as they felt it was appropriate to tell me their thoughts in the first place. 

Perhaps LJ should reply to the person who emailed the criticism and invite him into the office to discuss said criticism in person.

Can't imagine a Johnson following such a course of action though :whistle:

I wanted LJ gone after the Cardiff defeat last season and I was becoming frantic until we turned it around. 

I also thought sacking Pemberton was outrageous - until results improved immediately afterwards. 

Happy with the current situation though and wouldn’t change the manager. 

Amazingly though I know (from other City forums) of a couple of long-standing, wel-respected City fans who have vowed not to go to the Gate again whilst the ‘poisonous’ Johnsons play any part in the setup. 

They are entitled to their opinions but nose and face spring to mind.  

Gonna cause a split here...

In my book, Lee hasn't won me over because Lee hasn't accomplished anything here yet. The same people now saying "he has won me over" are most likely the same people saying last season "Johnson out", and most likely the ones spouting personal abuse at the man. Determining success in football really is hard to measure. Lee's time at BCFC has been like a rollercoaster. We've had some really high moments (surviving this league in his first season here, and this seasons form). To the really lows of going without a win in so many games, creating a new club record without a win in so many games, and genuinely believing we were going down last season.

Measuring one mans success takes time, which at the moment Johnson has. Is he on the right track to becoming successful here? Yes of course, but it can go very wrong, very quickly in football, and I'm sure the ones saying how brilliant Lee is now will be the same people drawing the knives out when we do end up hitting a sticky patch.

16 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

I wanted LJ gone after the Cardiff defeat last season and I was becoming frantic until we turned it around. 

I also thought sacking Pemberton was outrageous - until results improved immediately afterwards. 

Happy with the current situation though and wouldn’t change the manager. 

Amazingly though I know (from other City forums) of a couple of long-standing, wel-respected City fans who have vowed not to go to the Gate again whilst the ‘poisonous’ Johnsons play any part in the setup. 

They are entitled to their opinions but nose and face spring to mind.  

Those fans are an absolute joke. "Poisonous Johnson" is laughable 

They are the fans that outrageously abused him last year, and can't handle the fact they have been proved wrong..'

Would love to hear the opinions of those behind the bed sheets. 

On 04/12/2017 at 15:26, ForeverRes said:

Lee Johnson really has done a top job. 

Regardless of whether you were Johnson in or Johnson out last year, I hope everyone is appreciating what a very good team we are right now. 

Its obvious there are still those out there who still don't like him. Probably those that  berated him last year, and can't deal with the fact they were proven wrong (you only have to look at the replies to Citys twitter when the team is announced every week, there are those who still think they know better). On the flip side, there are also so many that wanted him out but have recognised the turnaround and are fully backing him.

For me personally, I backed him through the tough times, and I am delighted like most at our current situation. He's passionate about Bristol City, and I think this is reflected in our players and our play. 

Long may this continue.

I’m delighted LJ proved me wrong and it’s not the first time I been wrong about him. When you have a run of defeats like we did it takes a lot out of you as a supporter

Archived