IGNORED

Family Club I Dont Think So

stroud

2 hours ago, Mkelly said:

I feel it appropriate to offer a little context to this situation as I'm afraid that facts stated are not correct.

Whilst it would not be right to go into the details. I can assure anybody concerned with the post that myself and the Ashton Gate senior team had a lot of dialogue with the FSF and the SC&T on the issue.

There was also a meeting with the police and this person where an agreement was reached in a bid to get both back to football. I can assure you that this situation has had the full support of all listed involved.  Sadly the agreement was not adhered to.

I am not in a position to answer any further questions on this on a public platform.

Mark Kelly 

Shut up. You put yourself across as someone who likes to help, yet constantly widen the gap between the club and fans, and contribute to the ‘us and them’ culture, which will only make problems worse.

Why oh why does this club lack all common sense. Getting it so right on the pitch, yet the suits, like you, continually get it so wrong. 

Hi in reply to mark Kelly statement it's true there were conversations between me and the club regarding my son.

The club offered to swap my season ticket for a seat in the west stand but I refuse this and appeal this decision as my son really enjoys the singing section and has made many friends over the years and I didn't think it was fair that we should move the club gave a reason that it was unsafe for my son to remain in s82 which I find bizarre as like I have said he has grown up with the singing section and in ten years home or away there has never been a problem.

Afer I appealed this decision I was told we could return to the south stand but only if my son moved to the front of the stand and not to his usual spot and basically I didn't have a choice it was take that or nothing.

Roll on Saturday after I had spent the last couple of weeks explaining the situation to my son when we got to the ground he became very agitated as he couldn't sit in his usual spot so it became very stressful and instead of him going to the front he sat 4 rows back from the front of the stand as the situation due to his disability was very difficult eventually at half time after I spoke to him I managed to get him to the front of the stand so what should of been an enjoyable day at the football became very stressful which I find very sad.

After taking the clubs offer I had arranged for a friend to sit with my son at the front of the stand due to my problems with having to stand at the back and didn't realise I had to sit at the front to.

So I was very shocked  when I got home from work today to find an email saying that if we don't sit at the front then we will have an indefinite ban from Ashton gate when Saturday became a nightmare due to Bristol City not taking into account the situation I was in

7 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

Shut up. You put yourself across as someone who likes to help, yet constantly widen the gap between the club and fans, and contribute to the ‘us and them’ culture, which will only make problems worse.

Why oh why does this club lack all common sense. Getting it so right on the pitch, yet the suits, like you, continually get it so wrong. 

Speak for yourself and a tiny minority! 

Mike Kelly is trying to look after everyone at the club not just a few people who 'want,want,want' !

maybe just maybe it is you and your mates distancing yourself from the club ?

Quite clearly OTIB is not the place to sort out @stroud problems. The club has offered to resolve it and it's clearly a ongoing situation.

You seriously expect mike Kelly to come on here and put up with your tripe? 

9 minutes ago, stroud said:

Hi in reply to mark Kelly statement it's true there were conversations between me and the club regarding my son.

The club offered to swap my season ticket for a seat in the west stand but I refuse this and appeal this decision as my son really enjoys the singing section and has made many friends over the years and I didn't think it was fair that we should move the club gave a reason that it was unsafe for my son to remain in s82 which I find bizarre as like I have said he has grown up with the singing section and in ten years home or away there has never been a problem.

Afer I appealed this decision I was told we could return to the south stand but only if my son moved to the front of the stand and not to his usual spot and basically I didn't have a choice it was take that or nothing.

Roll on Saturday after I had spent the last couple of weeks explaining the situation to my son when we got to the ground he became very agitated as he couldn't sit in his usual spot so it became very stressful and instead of him going to the front he sat 4 rows back from the front of the stand as the situation due to his disability was very difficult eventually at half time after I spoke to him I managed to get him to the front of the stand so what should of been an enjoyable day at the football became very stressful which I find very sad.

After taking the clubs offer I had arranged for a friend to sit with my son at the front of the stand due to my problems with having to stand at the back and didn't realise I had to sit at the front to.

So I was very shocked  when I got home from work today to find an email saying that if we don't sit at the front then we will have an indefinite ban from Ashton gate when Saturday became a nightmare due to Bristol City not taking into account the situation I was in

Not the place to sort this out mate. I'm sure you aware of this. Don't wash your laundry in a public forum. Speak with the club again and try to resolve the matter. 

Not sure coming on here giving a completely unbalanced view and giving the club no proper platform to respond is going to help sort your situation.

4 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Speak for yourself and a tiny minority! 

Mike Kelly is trying to look after everyone at the club not just a few people who 'want,want,want' !

maybe just maybe it is you and your mates distancing yourself from the club ?

Quite clearly OTIB is not the place to sort out @stroud problems. The club has offered to resolve it and it's clearly a ongoing situation.

You seriously expect mike Kelly to come on here and put up with your tripe? 

I'm not sure your beloved "Mike" Kelly is going to appreciate you getting his name wrong not just once, but twice. 3 year banning order in store for you.

I understand and respect you're views spoons but I just wanted to let people know how they spout this nonsense about how we're a family club but they can work in this way I haven't given a unbalanced view yes it's true they have offered me a compromise but that compromise is my son should move from his usual seat next to people he has grown up with and to me that's unfair on him and the only reason they have given is the fact they feel it's unsafe for him to be in that section when there has been no problems home or away for almost ten years 

1 hour ago, stroud said:

I understand and respect you're views spoons but I just wanted to let people know how they spout this nonsense about how we're a family club but they can work in this way I haven't given a unbalanced view yes it's true they have offered me a compromise but that compromise is my son should move from his usual seat next to people he has grown up with and to me that's unfair on him and the only reason they have given is the fact they feel it's unsafe for him to be in that section when there has been no problems home or away for almost ten years 

What would happen if your son( god forbid! ) was standing on the seat and fell off or got pushed off when we scored for example, resulting in serious injury to him?

The club have a responsibility to make sure he's safe whilst in Ashton gate. Clearly thier opinion is that it's not a wise option for him to be stood on seat at the top of singing section and have come up with a sensible solution.

Its a sensible decision made by the club , won't be a popular one but put yourself in their shoes.

hopefully for both your sakes it all gets sorted. Best of luck.

1 hour ago, JasonM88 said:

Maybe I went a bit far with this. Apologies @Mkelly. But it does feel like there’s a growing gap between the fans, once again.

It must be difficult for Mark being a spokesperson. 

Once again, apologies.

5 hours ago, JasonM88 said:

By saying "shut up" your ruining valid points you make.....

7 hours ago, Mkelly said:

I feel it appropriate to offer a little context to this situation as I'm afraid that facts stated are not correct.

Whilst it would not be right to go into the details. I can assure anybody concerned with the post that myself and the Ashton Gate senior team had a lot of dialogue with the FSF and the SC&T on the issue.

There was also a meeting with the police and this person where an agreement was reached in a bid to get both back to football. I can assure you that this situation has had the full support of all listed involved.  Sadly the agreement was not adhered to.

I am not in a position to answer any further questions on this on a public platform.

Mark Kelly 

Well that’s muddied the waters

5 hours ago, Spoons said:

Not the place to sort this out mate. I'm sure you aware of this. Don't wash your laundry in a public forum. Speak with the club again and try to resolve the matter. 

Not sure coming on here giving a completely unbalanced view and giving the club no proper platform to respond is going to help sort your situation.

Speaking to the club has got him nowhere, fair play to him for bringing it out in the open, the club should eat humble pie and admit they got this wrong & and sack the moron who put this chap in a headlock in front of his child

6 hours ago, stroud said:

If your son has been going to games for 10+ years I would guess he's 16 or 17 now?

Maybe standing on the seats has only recently become a concern due to his increasing size?

If a steward had you in a headlock with no aggression from your side then that is awful and needs addressing though.

Hi richwwtk thanks for your reply no my son is almost 11 he has been going since he was a babe in arms and I know people will say why do I want to sit where he can't see that great but for my son the game is almost secondary he gets so much joy from being with the people he sits with and just the feeling that he is part of something and over the years I've asked him do you want to move so you can see better and he's always said he loves being where he is and as I've said earlier because of his condition friendships he makes are so important and being a single parent with no extended family it makes it even more important for him 

I wanted to bring this out in the open as I felt shocked he wasn't given even a second chance it was a case of the club using bully boy tactics by saying you can come back but sit where we tell you 

All due respect Stroud it sounds like there may be a bit more to this than meets the eye.

I’d strongly advise continuing your dialogue directly with the club, assuming you have a line of communication established, and trying to come to an amicable conclusion. 

Failing that you could escalate to the FSF but you’d certainly want to make sure that your version is 100% factual (not saying it isn’t - just that normally in disputes like this both parties can conveniently leave out some details that don’t suit!) 

Fingers crossed it doesn’t need to get that far. 

10 hours ago, spudski said:

Surely the Club must have said why in this 2 hour meeting?

Whilst frustrating...unfortunately the world we live in now is dictated by H&S.

Clubs have guidelines they have to abide by.

If your child was to fall from the seat he was standing on and break his neck, the Club would be responsible if they had agreed for you to continue doing this.

Or if he was to fall and injure someone else...etc.

I know it sounds overboard...but that's the nature of H&S these days. Very little common sense is used...and there is always someone that will sue if something goes wrong.

Unfortunately the last bit of your post is sadly true,even when it’s clearly their own faults,people will sue,another of those Americanisms I hate soooooo.. much.

I understand the frustration that has led to the OP posting on here.

The challenge is that officials at the club have a duty of care to the lad both for his safety and his privacy. I don't know what happened on Saturday, however, up until that point a proper process was put in place to help get both the OP and his son back to football in the area they wanted to be in. Undoubtedly, there is a lot not being said, which provides an unbalanced view. This hasn't stopped a lot of people forming an opinion based on what that single view.

I genuinely hope this does get resolved to the satisfaction of all involved. I don't think this is the place to do it.

Stu

6 hours ago, JasonM88 said:

Maybe I went a bit far with this. Apologies @Mkelly. But it does feel like there’s a growing gap between the fans, once again.

It must be difficult for Mark being a spokesperson. 

Once again, apologies.

it isn't a growing gap, its health and safety law that the club by law have to abide by, if an accident happens the club is liable 

• The topic was locked
21 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

it isn't a growing gap, its health and safety law that the club by law have to abide by, if an accident happens the club is liable 

Maybe if people didn’t stand on seats we could turn the bloody lights off and all be allowed to view the game in the way we want. It sounds like both Dad and Son have complex needs which they see watching the game in a certain way as helping them, but they have to appreciate the club is here not only for them but the other 18,000 people that attend too. It’s about give and take and I don’t  think the club has been unfair in this instance.

Archived