IGNORED

Tammy

BCFC Rich

1 hour ago, INCRED said:

If we go up this season wouldn’t be surprised to see us go in for him next summer

Does he actually suit our style of play now outside of being just another club in our bag??

Great fella,fantastic that he was here and will always remember that time with fondness- but did the caveat with Chelsea,re; match minutes for Tammy inhibit our development/style as a team/Lee as a coach even??......

Tin hat firmly on.

12 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Does he actually suit our style of play now outside of being just another club in our bag??

Great fella,fantastic that he was here and will always remember that time with fondness- but did the caveat with Chelsea,re; match minutes for Tammy inhibit our development/style as a team/Lee as a coach even??......

Tin hat firmly on.

Tammy and Reid up front is better than Reid with Diedhiou or Djuric. 

2 hours ago, Robert the bruce said:

Tin hat firmly on.

Agree with this.  He has done extremely well to have played for the full England team, and deserved his chance.  The Tammy conundrum is that he is a brilliant goal scorer/poacher in a Gert Muller/Jimmy Greaves/ Gary Lineker style BUT at the moment he offers little else, apart from the odd flash of pace and ad-libbing brilliance!   But he has yet to develop any hold up play skills and can go missing when the service to him is average.   Kodjia is a more complete attacking player (without any particular target man abilities) and his level would appear to be upper championship/lower premier, albeit he is 8/9 years older than Tammy.  I really wish him well and he has a great attitude, but at the moment he is at the wrong club for a crucial season in his development.  

As an edit, please do not get me wrong, the ability to score goals regularly is the most sought after attributes in a footballer, but at the highest level there must be other qualities unless the player is an absolute goal machine, which Tammy clearly isn't at Swansea at the moment.

Tammy is a poacher.. happy to be corrected here but I can't recall him scoring a goal from outside the box with us?! 

The lack of of service at Swansea coupled with the quality of premier league defenders isn't doing him any favours! Although I do believe he is much better than his current form and I'd put that down to confidence. 

I genuinely believe he has the potential to go all the way. Thinking back to his England debut, he had an early chance to poke it in from 5 yards and was half a second too late. If that had gone in things could already be very different. The boy is a talent. 

.. on the plus, if he doesn't perform for Swansea we'd be one of the first in line to have him back.

I've watched a few of Swansea games and he has been their best player this season and that says something! Swansea are going down as they are truly shocking. They provide Tammy with very little service. 

If Chelsea and Swansea want to cancel his loan in January and send him here for a promotion fight then you won't hear me complaining.

Some players just suit playing for certain club's,  this has not been the best of moves for Tammy tbh.

7 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Link doesn’t work Rich

Works for me when I click on it. Is it not working for anyone else? 

In case it doesn't work - Tammy basically says we should relax enjoy the game we're under no pressure as its Man U and hopefully, we'll be playing them again next season anyway. He also says we are definitely capable of an upset. 

Most of those Swansea fans don't seem to know what they're watching. Tammy can lead the line and score goals but to do either you have to give him the ball now and then. It's not like he's missing or losing possession all day, their problem is having a shite midfield and a bunch of demotivated players not giving their all. 

They are using him on his own up top and asking him to play as a Target man. That in itself is silly as its totally against his strengths but the also have Bony who can do that really well. If they played them together they'd see at the very least more of what makes Tammy the player he is.

Yea I think some are already forgetting his loan spell here. He is not the finished article yet but he did much more then tap in a lot of goals. He ran the channels, could pluck a long ball out of the air holding off a defender, layed it off for other players after dropping deep.

Some mentioned Kodjia as being more complete and I disagree. Kodjia was much more selfish and not always for the better. I think Tammy could run at defenders much like JK but had an understanding it was not always efficient. Instead he would pass it along and get into the box. 

Tammy would still start for us right now and I do not think it is close. He could partner either Bobby Reid or Famara Diedhiou as well. He also worked quite hard out of possesion which is probably why Swansea wanted him. Completely wasted there however as they never want to attack anyone it seems. Think they are doomed to relegation. 

44 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

Works for me when I click on it. Is it not working for anyone else? 

In case it doesn't work - Tammy basically says we should relax enjoy the game we're under no pressure as its Man U and hopefully, we'll be playing them again next season anyway. He also says we are definitely capable of an upset. 

The link asks me to log into Facebook, but when I do takes me to the city till I die Facebook group which I am not part of ( or want to be). I have seen the Tammy vid elsewhere on social media though so I have seen it. I guess this is what people are meaning when they say the link isn’t working

first time I'd watched Tammy for an entire game for some time last night (albeit through the TV Camera). He needs "feed" and I just don't feel he has any at Swans. I'm not sure if Chelsea have the option of cutting his loan short in January, but if they do, should City be in for him? The other thing that occurred to me is that if Swansea get relegated I suggest we could do a lot worse than look toward Łukasz Fabiański as another 'keeper.

How old is he again? 

If the Swansea fans haven't got the patience to let a teenager develop in their team, then Chelsea should find a team that will. Having a go at a kid for not being the finished article, and not being a great lone striker in the toughest league in the world is really, really poor. Added to that, they should be looking at the lack of joined up thinking on their club' Management. They brought in one of the top young poachers in the country, and then sold the best player they had to supply him with chances. 

The club and the fans don't deserve him, and I just hope this season doesn't set him back too far.

46 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

first time I'd watched Tammy for an entire game for some time last night (albeit through the TV Camera). He needs "feed" and I just don't feel he has any at Swans. I'm not sure if Chelsea have the option of cutting his loan short in January, but if they do, should City be in for him? The other thing that occurred to me is that if Swansea get relegated I suggest we could do a lot worse than look toward Łukasz Fabiański as another 'keeper.

My understanding is that Chelsea put in very specific clauses in the agreements of the players they loan out. If clubs don’t adhere to them they will recall players back, and have done so. From what I know it’s obvious to me that Swansea do not have the same agreement that we did, but I expect they have something in place. I guess it’s not possible for them to recall if Swansea are sticking to their part of the bargain, but then again if all parties feel it’s not working as well as expected ( and Chelsea want to see progress) there will be a way out to suit Chelsea/Tammy more than Swansea I expect.

12 minutes ago, RedM said:

My understanding is that Chelsea put in very specific clauses in the agreements of the players they loan out. If clubs don’t adhere to them they will recall players back, and have done so. From what I know it’s obvious to me that Swansea do not have the same agreement that we did, but I expect they have something in place. I guess it’s not possible for them to recall if Swansea are sticking to their part of the bargain, but then again if all parties feel it’s not working as well as expected ( and Chelsea want to see progress) there will be a way out to suit Chelsea/Tammy more than Swansea I expect.

A slight issue in that now RedM, you cant recall players on loan. I think you can during the jan transfer windows, but not during the season anymore.

12 minutes ago, RedM said:

Chelsea did put stringent clauses in the loan agreement with us for Tammy but it wasn't a recall - for a season long loan there is no recall allowed.  They will most likely be financial penalties (and no chance of future loans).  I expect Swansea also have financial penalties but they will probably be of less concern than relegation.  

If Swansea were playing decent football Tammy would thrive there, as it is now it looks like Newcastle or Brighton would have been a better choice.  Love to see him back here if we do manage to get promoted but there's a long, long road yet.

13 minutes ago, RedM said:

If I was LJ or MA I'd certainly be contacting Chelsea to ask questions  and try to force the issue.

He would fit straight into our squad and be back scoring goals instantly. 

The worst thing that could happen is that Tammy continues in a team like this where it's likely his progress may be affected.

53 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

How old is he again? 

If the Swansea fans haven't got the patience to let a teenager develop in their team, then Chelsea should find a team that will. Having a go at a kid for not being the finished article, and not being a great lone striker in the toughest league in the world is really, really poor. Added to that, they should be looking at the lack of joined up thinking on their club' Management. They brought in one of the top young poachers in the country, and then sold the best player they had to supply him with chances. 

The club and the fans don't deserve him, and I just hope this season doesn't set him back too far.

They're staring right into the face of relegation from the Premier League, it's understandable the fans want an immediate fix. It'd be exactly the same with us if we were 24th and had a misfiring Woodrow up front.

Archived