IGNORED

Man C away

Snufflelufagus

One thing this means is that we will likely field a weaker team at Watford.

We've got Wolves on 30th Dec, then Villa 48 hours later, then Watford a few days after that and then we're off to the Etihad for the first leg of a bloody semi-final.

Surely we will be going all out for points in the league games, then resting players at Watford, then trying to come away from the Etihad with as good a result as possible.

5 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

One thing this means is that we will likely field a weaker team at Watford.

We've got Wolves on 30th Dec, then Villa 48 hours later, then Watford a few days after that and then we're off to the Etihad for the first leg of a bloody semi-final.

Surely we will be going all out for points in the league games, then resting players at Watford, then trying to come away from the Etihad with as good a result as possible.

One of our problems is that our squad is so thin at the moment, it is difficult to play a B side like we did earlier in the cup, without bringing in a good number of academy players. We might do that of course, and really we could do with being out of that cup quickly.

A real concern at the start of the season was how would he keep Wright, Flint, Baker and Mags all happy and what would be our best two. Seems a long time ago.

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

I wondered if they would have a priority for this one as well. Like to season card holders that have been to 2 away games. I have only been to one so expecting not to get a ticket

I think they'll have to do something like that, yes. Adam Baker did also state that had we drawn Man U away then exiles that have done a number of away games would have got some sort of priority. No idea how that would work though.

25 minutes ago, cityexile said:

One of our problems is that our squad is so thin at the moment, it is difficult to play a B side like we did earlier in the cup, without bringing in a good number of academy players. We might do that of course, and really we could do with being out of that cup quickly.

A real concern at the start of the season was how would he keep Wright, Flint, Baker and Mags all happy and what would be our best two. Seems a long time ago.

Freddie Hinds was already probably coming back to us in January so says GJ so I'd imagine we are officially enacting that now to get him back and out against Watford again. He can always stick around until the end of January and depending on injuries, sit on the bench for Man City as well.

He was on the bench for Cheltenham in the FA Cup but that's all fine and dandy as he didn't come on in their game (FA Cup Rules 15 g) 

11 minutes ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

I’d have to go in the home end then

I think this will make general sale, for several reasons.

Just after Christmas, midweek,, plus we play them at home a week or so later. If this was a one off game then I would suspect it wouldn’t make general sale, but with it being two legged I wouldn’t be surprised it makes general sale.

1 minute ago, daored said:

Just after Christmas, midweek,, plus we play them at home a week or so later. If this was a one off game then I would suspect it wouldn’t make general sale, but with it being two legged I wouldn’t be surprised it makes general sale.

Agree. Assuming we get the same Wolves got (initially 5,500 and then a further 500), think STHs will snap up 4,000 tickets. Members probably about 1,000. Then a few hundred will make general sale. 

Just now, Fat Cigar said:

Agree. Assuming we get the same Wolves got (initially 5,500 and then a further 500), think STHs will snap up 4,000 tickets. Members probably about 1,000. Then a few hundred will make general sale. 

Exactly, I guess it depends on the prices City will charge. But like you say I would be surprised if it doesn’t make general sale 

4 minutes ago, daored said:

Exactly, I guess it depends on the prices City will charge. But like you say I would be surprised if it doesn’t make general sale 

It will not depend on the prices! 

This will probably be £40 a ticket and it will sell out. 

9 minutes ago, daored said:

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. Maybe my prediction is more out of hope rather than logic being a non-STH 

22 minutes ago, daored said:

Jan is a long old month as well so hopefully it will make general sale! 

4 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I don't think it'll make general sale but probably members. Gotta remember a lot of those 16,000 are children/elderly/people that just don't do away games. Plus the game will be on TV.

True. If you look at the demographics at most of our aways, it's usually men between the ages of 18-50. And a few younger 'lively' teenagers. Never seen more than a few dozen older folk. And very few kids at aways. 

6 minutes ago, Fat Cigar said:

True. If you look at the demographics at most of our aways, it's usually men between the ages of 18-50. And a few younger 'lively' teenagers. Never seen more than a few dozen older folk. And very few kids at aways. 

There was a gentleman at Brentford in the summer - and gentleman is really the only way to describe him - down on the terraced bit, right up at the right-hand side. He stood down the front, right on the rail. I think he would be in his 80's perhaps he was even 90.  He arrived just around kick-off and was immaculately dressed in fine red leather gloves and with a wonderful red trilby with a pheasant feather erupting from the crown of it. Long buttoned up trench coat and bright red crocodile skin shoes.  I am 90% certain there was a three-piece suit on under that coat.

This man spent the entire match berating our players and yelling out very long and detailed tactical explanations.  He was incredible. 

I did not say hello to him but saw he was well protected from the surge when Bobby netted the late equaliser.

Such a hero.

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

There was a gentleman at Brentford in the summer - and gentleman is really the only way to describe him - down on the terraced bit, right up at the right-hand side. He stood down the front, right on the rail. I think he would be in his 80's perhaps he was even 90.  He arrived just around kick-off and was immaculately dressed in fine red leather gloves and with a wonderful red trilby with a pheasant feather erupting from the crown of it. Long buttoned up trench coat and bright red crocodile skin shoes.  I am 90% certain there was a three-piece suit on under that coat.

This man spent the entire match berating our players and yelling out very long and detailed tactical explanations.  He was incredible. 

I did not say hello to him but saw he was well protected from the surge when Bobby netted the late equaliser.

Such a hero.

Superb. I love eccentrics. 

5 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Such a hero.

That's Stoney Garnett.

11 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

That's Stoney Garnett.

Thanks.

6 minutes ago, Fat Cigar said:

No way is he that old??!

He's not. He's 69. Apologies to Mr. Garnett for my suggestion that he might be 90.

https://www.bristol247.com/news-and-features/mayor-election-2016/meet-the-mayor-candidate-stoney-garnett-bristol/

Sorry I honestly didn't realise he was so well known - although no surprise really.

Archived