IGNORED

Prize Money

Sweeneys Penalties

I was surprised just how little money was given out in Prize Money in the EFL Cup. Only £100,000 to the winners, £50,000 to the beaten finalist. Last night's result netted City £15,000 in Prize money. It seems all the money is in the form of Gate money and TV revenue. 

I didn't expect City to be banking millions but I didn't expect as little as that 

3 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

I was surprised just how little money was given out in Prize Money in the EFL Cup. Only £100,000 to the winners, £50,000 to the beaten finalist. Last night's result netted City £15,000 in Prize money. It seems all the money is in the form of Gate money and TV revenue. 

I didn't expect City to be banking millions but I didn't expect as little as that 

Be fair, have you ever seen - let alone bought - a Carabo?

8 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

I read somewhere that we took £650,000 on ticket sales and £125,000 on TV rights

The biggest most lucrative game in our history and we made less money than Ibrahimovich makes in a fortnight.

Makes the result an even bigger achievement if that is possible.

People will say the prize money is poor, but a place in the Europa League is worth £85,000 just for losing in a qualifying round, to make the group stage is £275,000.

Given the winners get entry into the final qualifying round, the 1st prize money is worth a further £85,000 and potentially £275,000.

10 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

40%? Who takes the other 20%?

It's 45% per club according to the regulations...

20.1.1    45 per cent to each Club taking part in such match; and

20.1.2    10 per cent to the Cup Competition Pool (hereinafter called ‘the Pool Account’) the proceeds of which are to be divided at the end of the Competition in the ratio 1:1 between:
(a)    the Clubs in The Premier League; and 
(b)    the Clubs in The League.

https://www.efl.com/clubs-and-competitions/carabao-cup/about-the-carabao-cup/carabao-cup-rules--regulations/

26 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

It's 45% per club according to the regulations...

20.1.1    45 per cent to each Club taking part in such match; and

20.1.2    10 per cent to the Cup Competition Pool (hereinafter called ‘the Pool Account’) the proceeds of which are to be divided at the end of the Competition in the ratio 1:1 between:
(a)    the Clubs in The Premier League; and 
(b)    the Clubs in The League.

https://www.efl.com/clubs-and-competitions/carabao-cup/about-the-carabao-cup/carabao-cup-rules--regulations/

Thanks for that. So if I’m reading that correctly 20 teams take 50% (of the 10%) and 72 teams take the other 50% ?!

I hope I’ve misunderstood that! 

Archived