IGNORED

Award!

Langford Red

5 minutes ago, hodge said:

Loved that one, for a more obscure one the 3-1 win at Coventry in our league winning season is up there as one of my favourites as is the 1-0 at Blackpool when it hammered down, purely for the late winner. 

The Cov one was one time I didnt want us to score again.

I chickened out of betting on us winning 3-1, settled with City win, BTTS.

In injury time as JET picks the ball up just inside our half, drives forward and lays it off for Waggy there was a part of me hoping we'd somehow **** it up so I wouldnt regret chickening out of the initial bet.

Still went mental when the ball hit the net though.

17 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

What is that, 2 decades? Wonder what the highlights would've been?

Mansfield of course, but all those more obscure ones as well, 5-3 vs. Barnsley under Millen, 4-0 against PNE away in 2010-11, 4-2 win over Carlisle under SoD. What a legend.

If we have between 23 and 28 away games per season, then 900 in a row would equate to more than 30 years. And it would include the Anglo Italian Cup and countless early round away games in the LDV / JPT, some of which still involved pretty serious travel despite the north / south split (Boston United away in 2002 springs to mind...I was on one of the CATS coaches that night and we got back to Bristol in the small hours of the morning). And Harrogate Railway away the same season, when the coaches left Ashton Gate at 4.45am (game was live on Sky with an 11am kick off, if memory serves)  

It’s a phenomenal achievement and as others have said, Jerry is a top, top person. 

25 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

Mansfield of course, but all those more obscure ones as well, 5-3 vs. Barnsley under Millen, 4-0 against PNE away in 2010-11, 4-2 win over Carlisle under SoD. What a legend.

Forest 1-0 away in the season we stayed up over Easter. That was a big one

38 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

He hasn`t always worked for the club either, that`s only been in the last few years. Back in the day when I used to go away on coach 2 he would get picked up at a motorway junction on the M5. He did that for years before he got a job at the club.

One of life`s good guys who rarely has a bad word for anyone unlike sad sacks like the OP. I bet he thinks young Jaden shouldn`t have his day out at Manchester either, after all, he`s not earned it has he?

So your telling me that he couldn’t even be bothered to catch the coach from the Gate! :)COYR 

6 minutes ago, North London Red said:

If we have between 23 and 28 away games per season, then 900 in a row would equate to more than 30 years. And it would include the Anglo Italian Cup and countless early round away games in the LDV / JPT, some of which still involved pretty serious travel despite the north / south split (Boston United away in 2002 springs to mind...I was on one of the CATS coaches that night and we got back to Bristol in the small hours of the morning). And Harrogate Railway away the same season, when the coaches left Ashton Gate at 4.45am (game was live on Sky with an 11am kick off, if memory serves)  

It’s a phenomenal achievement and as others have said, Jerry is a top, top person. 

I can confirm that when I was going to away matches more frequently, Jerry was indeed at some of the most dire early LDV games. One in particular however stands out, which was Watford away circa 98.

That night I had drove with a Mate and he spotted Jerry in the stands. He knew Jerry from numerous trips on coach 2 and always said hello when they met. On this particular occasion my Mate was talking to Jerry about the previous game where he thought that Darren Barnard had been particularly shit. Jerry was disagreeing and saying things like "he was no worse then any of the others" and "he did make a number of good tackles", however my Mate was adamant that Barnard was shit and said so vociferously. At half time Jerry approached us and said to my mate that Barnard had indeed been shit, however what my Mate didn't know is that Jerry had been sat next to Darren's parents. It was vey funny.

Jerry is a great guy and deserves the award for pure endurance.

53 minutes ago, Bicester Red said:

How can you give an award to a spectator for attending 900 games in a row

He works for the club

Gets FREE tickets

FREE coach travel

And paid to work in the offices at the club

How is that an achievement 

If you got that, you would attend 900 games in a row

I know fans that have PAID their hard earned money and attended so many games over the years

That to me is an achievement 

I've never been so angry over ANYTHING written on this forum.

52 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Please confirm if you have worked your last 900 working days without any absence.

Sadly I've only ever had 51 sick days in 21 years.....I have done more than 900 consecutive days since my last illness.....(I am now scared as I think I may be the anti-christ!)

1 hour ago, Bicester Red said:

He works for the club

Gets FREE tickets

FREE coach travel

I know fans that have PAID their hard earned money and attended so many games over the years

Belter.

1 hour ago, Chairman Mao said:

The 5-3 vs Barnsley was a home game wasn’t it? I’d have loved to have seen our 4-7 away win at Oakwell in 1958 though! 

6 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

The 5-3 vs Barnsley was a home game wasn’t it? I’d have loved to have seen our 4-7 away win at Oakwell in 1958 though! 

Yes I'm pretty sure the 5-3 win was at home. Not exactly a masterclass in defending by either team!

2 hours ago, Bicester Red said:

He works for the club

Gets FREE tickets

FREE coach travel

Bet you've not done 900 consecutive days at work... :whistle:

I honestly couldn’t choose between what to ‘award’ your post @Bicester Red, a snake or a rubbish. Neither fully did it justice.

Personally I couldn’t give a monkeys if he is paid by the club or not, or gets free trips or whatever as he always goes that extra mile and more so. The club is a better place for having him involved and I have had the pleasure of being on his coach and attending matches with him many times.

I’m all for free speech and speaking my mind but sometimes it’s better to say nothing at all if you can’t say something nice. 

6 minutes ago, ziderheadarmy said:

I must admit I’m no where near as impressed as I was before now I have heard it’s all been on a freebie? 

Maybe you should read the thread again then, and pay more attention next time, because it clearly hasn't been on a freebie for the majority of the time.  

2 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

Maybe you should read the thread again then, and pay more attention next time, because it clearly hasn't been on a freebie for the majority of the time.  

Exactly. And where’s the evidence he is now? Jealousy isn’t an attractive quality. 

8 minutes ago, ziderheadarmy said:

I must admit I’m no where near as impressed as I was before now I have heard it’s all been on a freebie? 

He gets free coach tickets because he's the steward on the coach. Clears the rubbish etc, makes sure everyone there gets dropped off where they want etc, sit next to mates etc.

Fact he doesn't get free tickets every game. 

Get in your head just because he works 9-5 mon to fri in ticket office doesn't mean he has to go to 900 sodding away games!!!

Hes a top bloke and a legend.

Only ever been on coach 2 with him once and that was a trip to Carlisle !! I was on my own and he made me feel like one of the boys .

Thank you Jerry! 

Archived