2 hours ago, Bicester Red said:

How can you give an award to a spectator for attending 900 games in a row

He works for the club

Gets FREE tickets

FREE coach travel

And paid to work in the offices at the club

How is that an achievement 

If you got that, you would attend 900 games in a row

I know fans that have PAID their hard earned money and attended so many games over the years

That to me is an achievement 

Bitter and twisted is too kind for you.

Jerry is one of life's gentlemen.

2 hours ago, Bicester Red said:

He works for the club

Gets FREE tickets

FREE coach travel

I know fans that have PAID their hard earned money and attended so many games over the years

A tad over the top,but if this set of circumstances was not the case I myself still don't view this type of "devotion" as an achievement-quite the opposite!!!

28 minutes ago, ziderheadarmy said:

I haven’t had a day off work sick for over 8 years. 

30 minutes ago, pommers65 said:

Complete & utter Belter..
Jerry is a fantastic bloke & deserves more than a signed shirt as an award...
ANYONE doing as he has deserves a medal

Don't chat shit.

16 minutes ago, RedM said:

@spoons I’m pretty sure, infact I’m certain he does not work 9-5 for the club.

City is just a part time job for Jerry and that has only been recent. Prior to that he did mostly everything as a volunteer.

I am lucky enough to call Jerry a friend and know he will always go the extra mile for City fans. It is the things he does that people never hear about.

3 hours ago, Bicester Red said:

This is like

A Steward attending 900 games

H / She is paid for it

OK let's go with you're ****** up logic

The Steward didn't take a day off annual leave or Sick for those 900 Days. Have you managed that in your last 900 days of 'work'. Thought not

This certainly falls under the 'Never argue with an idiot' category :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Bicester Red said:

He works for the club

Gets FREE tickets

FREE coach travel

It must kill you walking into the south stand and seeing all those former players (employees) emblazoned on the walls and ceiling.. surely they deserve no recognition as they were paid a salary!!

• Admin
29 minutes ago, ziderheadarmy said:

Ok I guess myself and probably everyone else on here doesn’t know the exact circumstances.

if a bloke off the street had attended 900 away games straight paying for each ticket and transport and time off work that’s amazong achievement and I take my hat off.

if a bloke is given free tickets and travel and attends 900 games it’s a achievement but hardly of the same magnitude.

sounds like this is something in between.

how many games had Adam Baker attended in a row? Home and away? 

Adam Baker has been employed in roles that would see him expected to attend matches, that’s hardly a requisite for a part time employee with no team, media, security, managerial or director responsibility.

34 minutes ago, ziderheadarmy said:

Ok I guess myself and probably everyone else on here doesn’t know the exact circumstances.

if a bloke off the street had attended 900 away games straight paying for each ticket and transport and time off work that’s amazong achievement and I take my hat off.

if a bloke is given free tickets and travel and attends 900 games it’s a achievement but hardly of the same magnitude.

900 away games consecutively? Seriously not many would have managed that with a private helicopter full of Bunny Girls and a Bucket of Columbia’s finest laid on each time.  

7 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

I’d give that a bloody good go though.... :)

So would I but there’s no bloody chance I’d survive the 30 odd seasons, be dead before round two of the FA Cup in the first season.

be fun though, unless it was Gillingham in the 1st round.

1 hour ago, ziderheadarmy said:

Its all bullshit either way-warped logic..

The school of working class acievments..

3 hours ago, Robert the bruce said:

Its all bullshit either way-warped logic..

The school of working class acievments..

"School of working class achievements"

Sorry, but what the **** are you on about?

free or not, I don't think it matters. A staggering achievement, even more so considering some of the football he must have seen. Being fair, even if it was on a freebie, I bet many of us would look at a league table, see us somewhere invariably near the foot of the table, and think screw getting up at 6 in the morning to embark on a far-flung journey to see our next 4-0 tanking. And let's be honest, it's hardly like he's been travelling business class in a private jet staffed by topless bunny girls. 

We're not exactly an easy club to support sometimes, so respect to all who make the effort to get their arse out of bed and follow City. 

The man has saved me a few bob over time, last year at Fleetwood in the FA cup me and my friend decided on the day that we would head up. Both had the day off work, got to Fleetwood and the CATS coaches passed us we were walking to the ground. Jerry waited outside the turnstiles for us to arrive as he’d seen us walking and gave us 2 free tickets courtesy of the club. 

He didn’t have to wait, he didn’t have to offer the free tickets but he did and it’s not the only time that’s happened either. 

A real credit to the club and club and the nicest person I’ve ever met.

Normally sits close to me in Dolman

Always used to see him when I was a regular Away attendee and as many have said , besides his love of City a great bloke who would help any City fan anytime he could

Lovely Bloke and astute with his Football talks a lot of sense

Congratulations Jerry - an unbelievable achievement

I always wondered how many Bery Fudge , bless her racked up but I’m not sure she made 900 consecutive

Would be nice for the Club to recognise Jerry with something on the pitch pre Manchester City so the rest of the Gate can recognise a fantastic dedication

@AdamB (Just a suggestion - would be nice for him to get recognition in front of the Fans)

Incredible :clap:

Archived