IGNORED

Pre-match music for return leg

hantsred

5 minutes ago, RedM said:

I'd bring back some of the rousing stuff we used to play. Muse Knights of Cydonia, when i hear that i think we are ready for a fight and fired up. Chemical Brothers Galvanise has a similar effect on me

Agree, I think the playlist needs a rethink. Been the same old stuff for years. Knights of Cydonia was an inspired choice a few years ago. Seriously good suggestion.

At least they scrapped Elbow :shutup:

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO Hi Matt, do you think it would be possible to ask Seb the matchday DJ to register on the forum? Might be worth having a song suggestions thread or something. I appreciate he may not want to of course.

2 minutes ago, RedM said:

@Phileas Foggand scrapping the Black Eyed Peas was a bonus too. Spent too many wet winters nights trudging into the ground hearing 'I got a feeling, Tonights gonna be a good night' only to find out a couple of hours later their feeling was totally wrong:facepalm:

Oh I remember those days! Difficult job playing music to such a large crowd as you won't please everyone.. but that was a howler! So was 'Always look on the bright side of life' after relegation! Didn't even SO'D have a moan about that at the time!?

On the atmosphere point. Quite agree on our day it's terrific.

I was watching back some past games- Cup and League- on Tuesday (I say watching, YouTube it was, audio and was listening as I worked), and one that really stood out was vs Swindon 2015! That was fantastic, the whole game is on Youtube.

That was only 12,302 according to a bit of research...over double attendance on 23rd, imagine what we can do with that!

I'm curious as to what's played in the dressing room pre-match. What gets the boys hyped up?

I'd like to think Queen - We Will Rock You or Don't Stop Me Now.

Or maybe White Stripes - 7 Nation Army or Eminem - Lose Yourself.

Personally if Survivor - Eye Of The Tiger isn't played, I'd be having words.

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO or @AdamB can you let us in on pre-match dressing room music?

2 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

I'm curious as to what's played in the dressing room pre-match. What gets the boys hyped up?

I'd like to think Queen - We Will Rock You or Don't Stop Me Now.

Or maybe White Stripes - 7 Nation Army or Eminem - Lose Yourself.

Personally if Survivor - Eye Of The Tiger isn't played, I'd be having words.

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO or @AdamB can you let us in on pre-match dressing room music?

These are mostly young lads in their 20s! I'd be very surprised if Queen (from 1978) or Survivor (from 1982) makes an appearance!

:laugh:

23 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

These are mostly young lads in their 20s! I'd be very surprised if Queen (from 1978) or Survivor (from 1982) makes an appearance!

:laugh:

I'm in my early 30s! I just had a great musical education (thanks Mum and Dad!)

Plus, I'm sure they've all seen Rocky and have been pissed up at a wedding/party and sang the Queen words whilst swaying shoulder to shoulder with the lads. It's a stage of life we all have to go through.

12 hours ago, Fiale said:

Bit of Bristol music pre-match whilst I eat my pie and drink my coffee - Massive Attack - Kosheen -  Wurzels - Bananarama (joking...) - Roni Size - Tricky ...............  as it should be local bands for local people

Screen-Shot-2012-09-09-at-07.48.33-300x2

How’s about getting Bristol’s greatest for the evening? Doreen Doreen :yes:

Or if Carol’s in her Crab Kitchen see if Colonel Kilgore’s will reform for a one-off.

**** me what a night that would be.

Paradise Cowboy blaring out and a fine City win. Colonel Kilgore’s Paradise Cowboy - YouTube it. You won’t be disappointed 

:yes:

21 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

I'm in my early 30s! I just had a great musical education (thanks Mum and Dad!)

Plus, I'm sure they've all seen Rocky and have been pissed up at a wedding/party and sang the Queen words whilst swaying shoulder to shoulder with the lads. It's a stage of life we all have to go through.

I remember they used to have a playlist compiled by Aaron Wilbraham they listened to. I think that was back in the double season and was seen as a bit of a lucky omen.

12 hours ago, Fiale said:

most of the fans don't start filling the ground until 10 minutes before the game, hell most now not until a few minutes before. So it's nice to have something to listen to whilst everyones downing their pints in the concourse

I would agree normally but the United game there was loads in there around 45 mins early and it was getting quite noisy then.

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Oh I remember those days! Difficult job playing music to such a large crowd as you won't please everyone.. but that was a howler! So was 'Always look on the bright side of life' after relegation! Didn't even SO'D have a moan about that at the time!?

Upsetting SoD made my day after what he put us through. Funny at the time, i was never sure if it was meant as a joke or to give us hope though

Have the Club ever done any market research with the fan base, as to whether they want music blaring out before a game?

Maybe @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO could consider this and discuss with the Club at some point?

I noticed at Man City how good the sound system and lighting was...perfect.

All at the right levels.

You could hear some music, but it wasn't so loud as to drown out conversations, or a natural atmosphere being created by the fans.

Sometimes at the Gate, I just give up talking to fellow fans as it's impossible to chat over the sound system.

How many fans come to a ground to listen to music?

How many fans come to a ground to meet with friends, fellow fans, chat, sing and chant, and support the boys and just watch the game?

Worth considering?

As for the OP's suggestion...not a bad suggestion if it was the only track played just before KO.

Imo...music being played stops atmosphere building naturally. It does the opposite to what it's meant for.

4 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Controversial but I'd bin that track off altogether! 

Sounds terrible and our fans don't even sing it at games! Far better Wurzels tracks to choose which we actually do sing.

I love the song, but totally agree - it's not one that many will join in with so we just have the sound of applause instead of any actual atmosphere as players walk out. 

Is there any real reason to only play Drink Up at FT and only after a win? At least it's one people join in with. Same for Blackbird too. Currently the entrance is a bit tame.

Mind you at least it's not the Liquidator.

59 minutes ago, Olé said:

I love the song, but totally agree - it's not one that many will join in with so we just have the sound of applause instead of any actual atmosphere as players walk out. 

Is there any real reason to only play Drink Up at FT and only after a win? At least it's one people join in with. Same for Blackbird too. Currently the entrance is a bit tame.

Mind you at least it's not the Liquidator.

I think it just doesn't sound right for a football song. It's too slow - but not slow enough to be a loud rousing singalong one like 'Sunshine on Leith', 'Marching on Together' or 'YNWA'. It just sort of bops along at a tempo people can clap to as you say.

I agree and think we could rethink the entrance altogether - must be something better we can do.

4 hours ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

How’s about getting Bristol’s greatest for the evening? Doreen Doreen :yes:

Or if Carol’s in her Crab Kitchen see if Colonel Kilgore’s will reform for a one-off.

**** me what a night that would be.

Paradise Cowboy blaring out and a fine City win. Colonel Kilgore’s Paradise Cowboy - YouTube it. You won’t be disappointed 

Don’t say I’ve not given you an aural treat 

21 hours ago, Fiale said:

Bit of Bristol music pre-match whilst I eat my pie and drink my coffee - Massive Attack - Kosheen -  Wurzels - Bananarama (joking...) - Roni Size - Tricky ...............  as it should be local bands for local people

Screen-Shot-2012-09-09-at-07.48.33-300x2

The Brilliant Corners, The Moonflowers and Nautical William would be a great line up if yours were double booked!!

11 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Controversial but I'd bin that track off altogether! 

Sounds terrible and our fans don't even sing it at games! Far better Wurzels tracks to choose which we actually do sing.

They sings it round by me. Awful remix version is a piss take . It’s not for all . 

6 minutes ago, shelts said:

They sings it round by me. Awful remix version is a piss take . It’s not for all . 

Do they? Where is that? The most I’ve heard is a few people clapping along and some older people mumbling along when the song is played.

What I meant though was people singing it spontaneously as one of our songs which they don’t.

Archived