IGNORED

Dubai - well earned break?

peanut

8 hours ago, RumRed said:

Dubai, shithole in the sand designed for the Instagram generation and those that wear chinos and polo shirts.  

Hate the place.

Is your real forum name BigTone's Condensed Version?

23 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Why nothing on the official site?

It is interesting actually. Usually on these pre-season tours there's plenty of media stuff and the Bristol City social media pages will post clips of the training. The players will post stories too of them messing around in down time.

I had a look this morning and most of the players have been very quiet on their Instagram (usually they're pretty prolific) so I reckon my theory about a social media ban might be true.

I reckon they're working hard in a focused environment.

@Davefevs re: our discussion about LJ being influenced by Pep, maybe he's been influenced with this idea!

I think it'll be a week of pretty hard work, with main focus being on tactics.

Will be very beneficial to Diony and also Diedhiou for getting him up to speed.

• Admin
23 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Usually on these pre-season tours there's plenty of media stuff and the Bristol City social media pages will post clips of the training.

Probable that as it is more a training camp than a pre-season camp the media team haven't travelled, thus explaining the lack of feedback

Maybe the side are literally "locked away" focusing on the rest of the season?

17 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Wow, that's pretty steep even for Dubai. I imagine we're staying and training somewhere outstanding. There's plenty of great facilities there.

Do you think so? I was thinking that we probably have 40 people there in total (20 - 25 players. 3 management team, coaches and physios), assuming 5 nights FB and good class flights for them all and use of the training facilities, that's approximately £2.5k a head. Seems pretty reasonable to me. 

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Do you think so? I was thinking that we probably have 40 people there in total (20 - 25 players. 3 management team, coaches and physios), assuming 5 nights FB and good class flights for them all and use of the training facilities, that's approximately £2.5k a head. Seems pretty reasonable to me. 

I reckon it's not that many of the players. None of the injured one seem to have gone - could be closer to 18. Would be surprised if we didn't fly economy class, it's not that far. But perhaps you're right, when you break it down like that not too bad. I didn't factor in the flights! 

25 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Wow, that's pretty steep even for Dubai. I imagine we're staying and training somewhere outstanding. There's plenty of great facilities there.

Dubai gets expensive very quickly though. I quite often go there for work and last year was based there with a team of 5 for 15 nights. We spent over £40k in total. I thought they'd spend even more than that if they've got a team of 30 out there. 

Archived