IGNORED

2nd vs 9th

AppyDAZE

16 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Fingers and everything else crossed that we aren't going into Sunday's game like this.

Looking at the fixtures, it look quite possible.

I think it’s likely, we can’t have an impact on Saturdays results. Personally I think it could be a positive going into the game In a strange sort of way 

6 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I’m more interested in the points gap than the absolute position - that only matters after 46. Whatever happens Sunday we are still serious playoff contenders and need to stop putting ourselves down. 

This wasn't a putting ourselves down thread, '86. I was thinking more from a psychological perspective when I talked about being 8th or 9th AND having to go to
Cardiff next. No putting City down from me. I'm loving this season... and I praise LJ and the boys for that.

5 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

This wasn't a putting ourselves down thread, '86. I was thinking more from a psychological perspective when I talked about being 8th or 9th AND having to go to
Cardiff next. No putting City down from me. I'm loving this season... and I praise LJ and the boys for that.

No that wasn’t aimed at you mate. Just in the main we’ve been very negative and down about our own ability - all because a couple of disappointing games....but as a fan base we need to get back to seeing ourselves how we have all season - serious playoff contenders - as that’s exactly what we are. We’ve been in the top six all season on merit.

Theres no doubt in my mind that the support on Wednesday gave us a 12th man and helped the team find a new gear - we have 13 cup finals left and we need to believe. 

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

No that wasn’t aimed at you mate. Just in the main we’ve been very negative and down about our own ability - all because a couple of disappointing games....but as a fan base we need to get back to seeing ourselves how we have all season - serious playoff contenders - as that’s exactly what we are. We’ve been in the top six all season on merit.

Theres no doubt in my mind that the support on Wednesday gave us a 12th man and helped the team find a new gear - we have 13 cup finals left and we need to believe. 

I'm detecting a slight anti-LJ undercurrent beginning again on OTIB. And frankly threads like

where would we be if Warnock was manager etc etc

don't make me feel any easier about things.

1 hour ago, AppyDAZE said:

I'm detecting a slight anti-LJ undercurrent beginning again on OTIB. And frankly threads like

where would we be if Warnock was manager etc etc

don't make me feel any easier about things.

The anti LJ undercurrent has never really disappeared imv, it's very surprising given the state the club was in when he took over compared to where we are now.  Not only are City in the top six but have experienced a terrific EFL cup run, losing only to the best team in England over two legs - and all the while playing entertaining and attractive style of football.

LJ is doing a very decent job and yet hasn't won over all the fans yet.........:facepalm:

20 points would give us 74 and on average that's plenty to be in the Play-offs in this division judging by recent years. That's 6 or 7 wins or 5 wins and 5 draws from the last 13.  And our run in excludes meeting Derby, Wolves or Villa. All to play for whatever the result Sunday, although 1 or 3 points from that tally would be very welcome

9 minutes ago, Andy Horsman said:

20 points would give us 74 and on average that's plenty to be in the Play-offs in this division judging by recent years. That's 6 or 7 wins or 5 wins and 5 draws from the last 13.  And our run in excludes meeting Derby, Wolves or Villa. All to play for whatever the result Sunday, although 1 or 3 points from that tally would be very welcome

Agree, think we need to win a minimum of 6 of our last 13 plus throw in 2/3 draws and we will be in the prayoffs. No more than 4 more losses and we will be ok.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

LJ is doing a very decent job and yet hasn't won over all the fans yet.........:facepalm:

He’s raised his own bar, and therefore our expectations.  

At the end of last season it was - can Lee take us forward and give us a relegation-battle free season and show signs of building year on year.

This season - we’ve been second, in a semi-final of a cup, knocking out 4 Prem teams, whilst in the main, playing attractive football.

Even though I see this as major improvement, I still see a few flaws to get rid of.  Those will make or break his future, whether with us or elsewhere.  He has learned from some of these and eradicated them already.  He’s Got to keep reflecting, being self critical and seek feedback from those around him.  If he does that, he’ll take us further forward.

Nothing would be better than seeing a guy who loves City take us up.

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He’s raised his own bar, and therefore our expectations.  

At the end of last season it was - can Lee take us forward and give us a relegation-battle free season and show signs of building year on year.

This season - we’ve been second, in a semi-final of a cup, knocking out 4 Prem teams, whilst in the main, playing attractive football.

Even though I see this as major improvement, I still see a few flaws to get rid of.  Those will make or break his future, whether with us or elsewhere.  He has learned from some of these and eradicated them already.  He’s Got to keep reflecting, being self critical and seek feedback from those around him.  If he does that, he’ll take us further forward.

Nothing would be better than seeing a guy who loves City take us up.

' flaws to get rid of'. Not sure what you mean by that.

I see LJ as an inexperienced young manager who like all young managers will make mistakes but to me he's not made that many.

Tactically he's generally very astute. He'll change formation mid game if needed but like all managers his substitutions are often criticised like on Wednesday night he replaced Hodur and no-one could see the reason behind it. Then next day it seems that Hodur had felt a tight hamstring.......

He's very committed to improving his skill set and has regularly visited top PL clubs like Man City and Spurs to learn how they coach/train. He's a real student of the game and it seems to be benefiting not only him but the entire playing side of the club.

He's a very gifted speaker as well, his pre/post match interviews are always insightful and well balanced. He shares these interviews with Deano and Macca which shows that they are united as a trio.

Ive posted before but I'll say it again - in all my 50+ Years of watching City that the whole club is in the best shape on and off the pitch that It's ever been and things will only get better.

Im a little surprised that he's not more well respected simply based on what the improvement we've seen this season.

The flaws are there for all to see. Yes, we have considerably improved our position in the table with an entertaining brand of football.

Except that we need the opposition to join in an also try to win the game. When other sides decide to park the bus especially at Ashton Gate, we invariably find it almost impossible to have another plan(s) to counter.

We have conceded 39 goals which is too many to give us credibility as a challenger for automatic promotion, even with probably the best back five since the AD promotion team.

So we've made big strides forward but still need improvement from the coaching staff in game management to stop losing silly points especially at home.

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

The flaws are there for all to see. Yes, we have considerably improved our position in the table with an entertaining brand of football.

Except that we need the opposition to join in an also try to win the game. When other sides decide to park the bus especially at Ashton Gate, we invariably find it almost impossible to have another plan(s) to counter.

We have conceded 39 goals which is too many to give us credibility as a challenger for automatic promotion, even with probably the best back five since the AD promotion team.

So we've made big strides forward but still need improvement from the coaching staff in game management to stop losing silly points especially at home.

If you see one of LJs 'flaws' is City letting in too many goals then I'd say that he, his backroom staff and players are fully aware of it and it's not an uncommon 'flaw' in any league.

Im 100% certain that the injury curse that hit this season has been a significant factor and when/if everyone is back and ready for selection we'll hopefully  see less balls in the back of our net.

Archived