IGNORED

2nd vs 9th

AppyDAZE

I’m probably referring to some of the things like:

• over-complicating things in his team selections / sub choices
  • his willingness to sometimes say too much / give too much info (that can rebound on him)
  • Etc

The positives outweigh these, but he just needs to remind himself of his principles that got us playing some great stuff that culminated in results too.

I like him, and you’re probably right that it’s inexperience....but if you’re playing with the big boys.....!

At first when listening to LJ pre and post match I thought he was over complicating what is essentially a simple game but now I realise that he sees the game from a much deeper perspective than us ordinary fans and I find his insights particularly fascinating. 

I see the fact he speaks about the game so deeply is a compliment to us ordinary fans. I cant remember hearing any other manager at any level taking the trouble to mention the finer points of the game in interviews. I enjoy listening to him and the way he wears his heart on his sleeve.

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

At first when listening to LJ pre and post match I thought he was over complicating what is essentially a simple game but now I realise that he sees the game from a much deeper perspective than us ordinary fans and I find his insights particularly fascinating. 

I see the fact he speaks about the game so deeply is a compliment to us ordinary fans. I cant remember hearing any other manager at any level taking the trouble to mention the finer points of the game in interviews. I enjoy listening to him and the way he wears his heart on his sleeve.

I like his post-match interviews most of the time, but generally prefer the long ones you hear in say a Twentyman interview, e.g. the ones away from the match. You get a bit more generic insight, rather that the usually result-influenced ‘speak’ that comes out post-match.  I spoke to him and CHSW, and he came across really well.  Some people "in football" think they are above the average football fan, and they aren’t entitled to a view.  LJ wasn’t like that at all, nor was DH.  Danny Murphy is the worst for the "they haven’t played the game" bollox....really annoys me.

We are in a good position....and he will become a better manager.

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I’m probably referring to some of the things like:

• over-complicating things in his team selections / sub choices
  • his willingness to sometimes say too much / give too much info (that can rebound on him)
  • Etc

The positives outweigh these, but he just needs to remind himself of his principles that got us playing some great stuff that culminated in results too.

I like him, and you’re probably right that it’s inexperience....but if you’re playing with the big boys.....!

Good post, some people on here don't want to hear any criticisms of LJ, fact is he has cost us points this season with some poor team choices (e.g Bolton away, taking Korey out of CM rather than just swapping Mags for suspended Baker) and poor (or too late) use of subs (e.g. Sunderland home and Leeds away). Could add his failure to immediately move Flint back to defence after we went 1 up at home to Wolves too. 

However, overall the number of times he has got it right certainly exceeds the wrongs, so completely agree with your highlighted comment above. 

All to play for, with us just still in the top 6 after todays results, so come LJ put one over Warnock  tomorrow and lets have a nice little gap back to 7th.

9 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

All to play for, with us just still in the top 6 after todays results, so come LJ put one over Warnock  tomorrow and lets have a nice little gap back to 7th.

At some point, hopefully tomorrow, the little psychological advantage of still being in the top 6 when playing later in the week / weekend, is gonna kick in.

Would be a massive win tomorrow.

6 hours ago, Robbored said:

Yes he carries his Dad's DNA very well indeed.

Archived