IGNORED

Protest / Boycott / Direct Action - Ideas (Merged)

Harry

23 hours ago, iamsober said:

idiot

23 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I'd like a simple message in the form of a banner to be displayed saying that children should be welcome in all areas of the ground and not priced out of some of the best seats in the house - they are our future.

Failing that we could burn down the Lansdown Stand on Saturday morning.

Yes, it'll be busy on Saturday morning. How about Thursday night? But I've said too much...

9 hours ago, The Original OTIB said:

1. Just don't renew in the next week or so.

2. Boycott Concessions.

3. Boycott Club Shop.

Tear up our food vouchers in the 13th minute? Seriously, the club shop is the way to go. Tells the club how we feel without impacting the team on the pitch.

All a bit tame isn't it...in Italy they would have bought the tickets above the Directors box and pissed on it, and then sent a burning Vespa their way :laugh:

Can't wait for when/if we make the Prem...all hell will break lose. Tickets will rocket.

Can somebody answer something for me - I have hardly been near this forum or the OS since the prices were announced.

Has there been any news at all on the “loyalty scheme” and whether ST+ etc will still exist?

Will we still get discounts etc? I can’t see how we can make an informed decision about renewing without knowing what we are getting above a seat for 23 games - and before any Uber fans jump in with that is all we should need - no it is not - if I’m paying more for a product I want to know if st least my current perks is being upheld.

EDIT - I think at the very least a message needs to get to the club to extend the renewal deadline - not sure who can take this forward whether the fans group can raise this? As it stands I won’t be renewing but the idea of potentially losing my seats is gut-wrenching

14 hours ago, Harry said:

Thanks everyone for your suggestions so far.  I will summarise what we've received to date :

1) Do not purchase from concessions, bar or shop.
2) Walkout after x minutes, or turn back to game on x minutes.
3) Email/Twitter campaign - bombard club with dissatisfaction.
4) Online petition.
5) No flags at the game, display protest banner/message.
6) Boo's/Chants during game.
7) Don't renew or at least delay renewal.
8) Hashtag Trending / GIF with message.
9) Letter of Intent, withdraw all vocal support.
10) Posters in and around ground - kids not welcome.

Some good idea's here and a decent variety.  We can use most of these and hit the club in various ways.

I really like the idea of getting an attention grabbing GIF and getting it trending under a hashtag (BCFC tweets has 161k followers - this is the easiest way to reach a large populous).
So, are there any inventive types out there who can create a good gif that we can get trending (#bcfckidsnotwelcome or #bcfcoutoftouch something like that).  Anyone know this Stomzio chap on Twitter?

I think we should also get right behind the SC&T initiative to delay renewing until they can meet the club next week and get some answers.  If by Wednesday next week, they turn up to the meeting and they've had no money through the coffers it might make them think again.

I agree with the concessions/bars/shop boycott.  Do the stalls outside the ground act independently (i.e. do they pay a fee for their spot and keep all of their takings?)  If so, then easy enough for people to gets their drinks from the other outlets which are not Bristol Sport affiliated.  The Sports Bar is usually packed pre-match.  If this is empty they have to notice it.

Online petition, letter of intent, withdrawing support.  I'll see what I can do on these.  The other above though will need others to help / take up the mantle.

I really hope everyone (or at least most) will stand together on this.  We've always ridiculed other clubs for bending over and taking it, and have always argued that we wouldn't let that happen to us.  We must stand together and fight the injustice to our kids, pensioners and disabled.

So will your flags be out and displays on?

On 28/02/2018 at 21:41, Kid in the Riot said:

I'd like a simple message in the form of a banner to be displayed saying that children should be welcome in all areas of the ground and not priced out of some of the best seats in the house - they are our future.

Failing that we could burn down the Lansdown Stand on Saturday morning.

Careful there Kid.

Many many years ago my father received a lifetime ban from AG from Steve L for (only semi jokingly) mentioning setting ‘S70PPA’s car alight to highlight his discontent with the team’s performances.  

Cant imagine he’d take a good view of his namesake stand becoming the latest target :laugh: 

25 minutes ago, Trueredsupporte said:

So will your flags be out and displays on?

Originally we had planned a large display and we’d also arranged for a lot of flags in the upper Lansdown as there are a contingent of 80 Willem fans due to attend who’d be up there. 

However, this will not be happening now. Plus it looks like the Dutch have had their flight cancelled. 

2 hours ago, Neo said:

EDIT - I think at the very least a message needs to get to the club to extend the renewal deadline - not sure who can take this forward whether the fans group can raise this? As it stands I won’t be renewing but the idea of potentially losing my seats is gut-wrenching

The SC&T are working on this. Stu is in our S82 message group and has taken our feedback. They are meeting with the club on Wednesday and are urging them to delay the renewal process until the outcome of the meeting is known. Whether they do or not is another matter. 

I believe the SC&T are putting out a formal announcement today. 

In the meantime, we need people to sign the petition linked above and to send as many emails, tweets, phone calls etc etc to the club to get across the weight of the anger. 

http://bristolcitysupporters.org/1136-2/

It is clear from the outpouring of anger and sheer disbelief on social media, in the media, through the FSF, via FAN and directly to us that the decision to force families to relocate their season tickets or face price increases of over 300%, is deeply unpopular. This is the feeling amongst the wider fan base, not just those directly affected.

We are talking with the Football Club officials to urge them to reconsider. Part of that ongoing dialogue is to meet with them next Wednesday, so we would urge all City fans not to rush to renew their season tickets on Monday whilst these conversations continue to take place. We also believe the right approach would be for the club to suspend early bird sales.

Join us in waiting. Let our club know that collectively fans do have a voice. #fansnotclients

11 hours ago, spudski said:

All a bit tame isn't it...in Italy they would have bought the tickets above the Directors box and pissed on it, and then sent a burning Vespa their way :laugh:

Can't wait for when/if we make the Prem...all hell will break lose. Tickets will rocket.

I remember that Vespa incident - wasn’t it Inter fans chucking a burning Vespa at Milan fans in the San Siro? Madness! How did they get that into the stadium?! 

1 hour ago, Harry said:

The SC&T are working on this. Stu is in our S82 message group and has taken our feedback. They are meeting with the club on Wednesday and are urging them to delay the renewal process until the outcome of the meeting is known. Whether they do or not is another matter. 

I believe the SC&T are putting out a formal announcement today. 

In the meantime, we need people to sign the petition linked above and to send as many emails, tweets, phone calls etc etc to the club to get across the weight of the anger. 

Will do - thanks x

26 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I remember that Vespa incident - wasn’t it Inter fans chucking a burning Vespa at Milan fans in the San Siro? Madness! How did they get that into the stadium?! 

Atalana fans I believe have/had a Mod culture, so the Inter fans nicked one of their scooters, took it up to the 2nd tier, torched it, then threw it on the pitch. Not against Milan.

I believe that's right

43 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

They've done it a few times...against Atalanta and Milan. Easy to ride up the walkways there, very few stairs.

On 2/28/2018 at 20:31, Harry said:

I thought I’d separate this out from the main Season Ticket prices thread, as the anger therein still has many a course to run. 

There is clearly a lot of anger in a number of aspects of the season ticket rollout. Child tickets, Pensioner tickets, Disabled tickets, early announcement, short deadline etc etc. It’s fair to say this has not been received very well in most quarters. 

Lets leave the anger within the main thread. I want to start this thread as an opportunity for fans to suggest and then further construct ideas as to what we as a fanbase can do about this. 

Whether this is some form of protest, boycott, direct action, withholding support/purchases etc. 

One thing is for sure, there is almost unanimous disappointment & bafflement over these decisions and we need to take some form of direct action to make sure we are all stood up and counted. 

Football without fans is nothing. Let’s not let them divide & conquer. We need to unite and fight. 

No idea is a bad idea. Throw it in the mix and others might improve it and make it work. 

Suggestions please..................

Mate good post except suggestions wont get you anywhere. You will end up with loads of suggestions but no actual action. What you want to do is take the lead and say this is what we are doing - if reasonable and well publicised most people will follow you.

On 01/03/2018 at 08:31, Jack Dawe said:

I seem to remember Liverpool having something like this, when they rebuilt their main stand. Think all it took was the sight of The Kop walking - not alone, but altogether now - out during a game, and their jelly-kneed overseas owners did a quick volte-face.

£70 tickets - 70th minute walkout by thousands. Or maybe £76, something like that.

I fully support some form of protest, but think it is vital it isn't something that will impact the players. We really need to increase the vocal support in home games at the moment as we've something to play for at a crucial stage of the season.

Boycotting the stalls etc great idea, as is just not doing the early renewal- that would show most clearly to SL as someone else said about him being a numbers guy.

Otherwise something in the fanzone before matches maybe an idea.

On 01/03/2018 at 08:10, Phileas Fogg said:

Or better still get someone clever to make a gifs of some young fans being shown the red card.

Given the relevancy is the gifs this season something like that would get a lot of traction online and media outlets would probably take notice.

This is the best idea of the lot and i think it will most certainly get the media's attention.

On 2/28/2018 at 21:41, One Team said:

Whilst your intent is positive unfortunately this forum (as good as it is) has proved time and again for years that it's only a very small section of our fan base.

Of all the City fans I know, only a couple know of this forums existence, let alone read or even post on it. 

Whilst I understand how and why this has angered people we've had far worse situations happen at the club where similar calls to action have gone nowhere. 

Fair play to you for trying but I would've thought a more direct route would be through the new SLO person. 

Got to start somewhere - word can spread!

Archived