IGNORED

The Preston North End FC v Bristol City FC Match Day Thread 36

Septic Peg

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

Honestly, I think we'd have more chance of edging it if they set out to attack us, we're better when we're being pushed and then can counter, teams who play a lot at the back tend to be the teams we struggle the most with. Seeing a back 4 with 2 defensive/ holding midfielders makes me think we may struggle to score unless we get a lot of set pieces.

How often have we scored goals through actually breaking teams down, rather than quick counter attacking football between the lines? I can't remember the last time we had the opposition pinned in their box and a goal resulted.

Here I am in North Bristol  South Gloucestershire, listening to the build up on Radio BRISTOL.

Yet they are ensconded in bloody Shrewsbury with major build up for Yeovil´s game.

Yeovil is 70 miles and 1.5 hours from here, as well as being small time.

BRISTOL City are playing a crucial play off scrap, SORT IT OUT FFS

32 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Definitely take a dull draw over a thrashing like last time.

However our team - and coaching staff - should be looking to put things right because that was a truly unacceptable and embarrassing performance last season, and everyone on the team coach heading to Preston should be looking to make amends.

Let's hope they do just that and help to erase that memory, especially for those loyal City fans who endured that dreadful capitulation live, and have still returned to Deepdale to support the club again tonight.

PNE 1 BCFC 2.

It's a long journey midweek and would be a savage journey back with bugger all to show for it, and PNE so close right now... its the stereotypical cold northern mid week away game you have to grind out a result 

Couple of other important games tonight :

Brum v Boro (hopefully Monk can have an immediate impact but suspect a comfortable Boro win)

Fulham v Sheffield Utd (Fulham win)

QPR v Derby / Sunderland v Villa (away wins)

Cardiff home to Barnsley and Brentford away to Burton 

1 minute ago, daored said:

Brum v Boro (hopefully Monk can have an immediate impact but suspect a comfortable Boro win)

Right now, i just hope we make the playoffs 

30 minutes ago, pnefcok said:

Our team/shape:

Rudd

Fisher   Huntington  Davies  Cunningham

Pearson   Gallagher

Bodin                 Browne           Barkhuizen

Robinson

Maxwell Spurr Woods Johnson Harrop Maguire Moult

Maxwell Spurr-Woods

Johnson Harrop

Maguire Moult?

This is Preston and not Wodehouse (P.G.) ?

3 minutes ago, RedM said:

Fans in good voice already. Warm up

20180306_193205.jpg

How sparse is the away end looking?

Also, I'd forgotten how beautiful Deepdale was. Has to be the best looking ground in this division.

15 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

How often have we scored goals through actually breaking teams down, rather than quick counter attacking football between the lines? I can't remember the last time we had the opposition pinned in their box and a goal resulted.

That's exactly what I mean, we're stronger when countering, Preston have that team set up to sit and wait for us to give up possession and then punish us on the counter. Doesn't bode well for us IMO.

8 minutes ago, daored said:

I'd go with wins for all 5 favourites...which makes it imperative we get at least a draw tonight.

7 minutes ago, Spike said:

That's exactly what I mean, we're stronger when countering, Preston have that team set up to sit and wait for us to give up possession and then punish us on the counter. Doesn't bode well for us IMO.

Agreed mostly, though I think Preston generally play a bit more football this year, not always but generally... Which could yield a few chances on the break.

1 minute ago, old_eastender said:

no, but Pisano is easily much better than Wright at RB, Wright has been poor in recent games lets hope not tonight.

Let's hope his poor performances were down to that niggling injury and thanks to his injection, we'll be seeing the back of it.

Archived