IGNORED

West Ham

RedLionLad

4 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

maybe wrong, maybe right, I don't know - but an effective stand must be made against the greed that is wrecking the game. Sad state of affairs to see one of the grand old ladies of the english game being murdered by its board. Could happen to any club. 

True. 

If it was based on principle though, they'd make a stand whether they were in the top 3 or bottom 3.

This is because they are losing and can't stomach it.  

7 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

True. 

If it was based on principle though, they'd make a stand whether they were in the top 3 or bottom 3.

This is because they are losing and can't stomach it.  

I'm not sure - i'm led to believe this has been festering for a fair while, and while the couple of west ham I know are hardly representative of an entire fan base it seems like there's been some very ugly rumblings for quite some time (a number, for instance, have stopped going entirely). Either way, I'm glad we're not in there position!

And as for them being bad losers, just look at this message board - we're in the top half of the table, have enjoyed a historic cup run that will live for the rest of our lives, and this page is capsizing under the number of people throwing tantrums!

3 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

I'm not sure - i'm led to believe this has been festering for a fair while, and while the couple of west ham I know are hardly representative of an entire fan base it seems like there's been some very ugly rumblings for quite some time (a number, for instance, have stopped going entirely). Either way, I'm glad we're not in there position!

So if they were top 4 and heading towards the champions league and won 3 nil today they would of still done it,their problem of moving grounds would be long gone trust me

2 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

So if they were top 4 and heading towards the champions league and won 3 nil today they would of still done it,their problem of moving grounds would be long gone trust me

as I mention, the west ham i know aren't representative of a whole fan base - however, i know a few who have completely stopped going (one's even started going to the gas!), and these are by no means unique examples. The football pages on facebook are filled with West Ham who have made the ultimate sacrifice and jacked in watching the team they love. 

7 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

as I mention, the west ham i know aren't representative of a whole fan base - however, i know a few who have completely stopped going (one's even started going to the gas!), and these are by no means unique examples. The football pages on facebook are filled with West Ham who have made the ultimate sacrifice and jacked in watching the team they love. 

More fool them then and if it’s Facebook I would take it with a pinch of salt.I felt for Coventry fans and the like being completely shafted so I’m sorry if my heart doesn’t bleed for the hard done by fans of West Ham 

23 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

More fool them then and if it’s Facebook I would take it with a pinch of salt.I felt for Coventry fans and the like being completely shafted so I’m sorry if my heart doesn’t bleed for the hard done by fans of West Ham 

no problem, happy to agree to disagree. Personally I'm horrified by what's happening to football and some clubs, and salute anyone making a stand! 

2 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Football fans all over the country are starting to have enough. Stuff like this is going to happen more often, fans are just fed up with being treated like walking wallets to watch players that do not care.

I'm not so sure. Where else have we seen something like this? 

1 minute ago, CotswoldRed said:

Forgot orient. 

What happened at Bolton? Seems all is forgiven now. 

Was scenes as they were auctioning off the car park etc

blackburn few season back they released the chicken :laugh:.

all the United stuff with people turning up at players houses.

shockingly all the stuff Sunderland been through they don’t cause trouble 

For the price people pay they seem to expect relative success which is obviously impossible for every club.

The bottom line is you can make changes if it makes the club more successful but it gets thrown straight back in the clubs face if there is a downturn on the pitch for anything over 2 months.

2 minutes ago, Pezo said:

For the price people pay they seem to expect relative success which is obviously impossible for every club.

The bottom line is you can make changes if it makes the club more successful but it gets thrown straight back in the clubs face if there is a downturn on the pitch for anything over 2 months.

Look at the relegation season & Sod season they were bleak days & they did nothing to appease the fans or apologise here.

they cost the fans a lot of money

16 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Charlton, Blackpool, Coventry, Orient, Sunderland, Blackburn, Portsmouth, Cardiff, Rangers, Newcastle  ... probably more.

Lots of clubs listed there and lots of reasons for revolt. 

Everything from reckless spending of money to not spending enough. 

Does it make sense to lump them all together? 

42 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Charlton, Blackpool, Coventry, Orient, Sunderland, Blackburn, Portsmouth, Cardiff, Rangers, Newcastle  ... probably more.

and that's just the ones that are happening now - not long back similar nightmares were unfolding at Leeds, Luton, Pompey, Darlington. 

Beyond the whole financial mismanagement, fans are being shafted left right and center by owners, tv channels, politicians, the police. To then have players fannying about earning obscene amounts of cash sticks in the craw. 

It's getting increasingly hard to love this game. 

Would this have been that noteworthy 20 years ago, is question one? Mind you, they have little to moan about in the grand scheme...there have been ongoing problems since their move there though, and this has been bubbling up for sometime.

37 minutes ago, BristolIsRed said:

Not a policeman/woman in sight mind - wouldn't be the same at Ashton Gate

Not that uncommon. Are most PL games heavily policed? Don't tend to be- spotters obviously and some police, but certainly no overkill.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/english-premier-league/story/3395246/police-issue-warning-over-rising-disorder-in-football-grounds

Where on earth are their SAG however- imagine if this happened at Ashton Gate??

4 minutes ago, 054123 said:

In your opinion.

Indeed. 

I would argue that breaking the law shouldn't really be necessary to make the point. (yes, I know the Man U win promoted a pitch invasion, but common sense is able to see the difference). 

By the way, is there a need to add "in your opinion"? All my posts are in my opinion. 

Point is too, that collectively and as an entity- football crowds can be potentially volatile. I don't mean it in a pejorative sense by the way.

Not condoning this, and certainly the incident I'm about to describe isn't in the same League...Section 82, who I think are great- remember last year v Stoke in September? Kid was pushed off his seat by a bouncer masquerading as a steward, and it all kicked off- just like that.

It doesn't take much to cause a flash point, because it's a high octane sport that inspires significant passion and emotion.

Archived