IGNORED

Renewed or not renewed. Please post here

Bristol Rob
Message added by Dollymarie

Hi all, 

I know there’s a thread already, but I thought I’d start one so we can gauge how many people on here have renewed so far, or haven’t renewed based on the current pricing. 

If you could also post (if you don’t mind) saying if you are or aren’t affected by the pricing announced at this stage. 

For example, I would be 

“Not renewed and not affected by pricing”

Hope that makes sense. 

5 hours ago, famouslastword said:

Not renewed. 13 Tickets dolman central. Have been sat there with long time friends  3 Generations of fans from grandparents, parents to 2 four year olds. 16 years sat together so for us its a get together before, during and after the game. We have seen a big increase in price but we are more concerned and frustrated with the clubs decision to do what its done to the families/disabled in the lansdown stand. We have 13 of us going however all around us are friends we have made over that time that renew just like we do and its a massive get together each game for us and the kids. 

There is a well known saying in  business , often said to me by one of my customers , that 100% of nothing is nothing .

In other words if you think your price increase will bring in more revenue it doesn’t if even 10% of customers don’t use you any more , and especially if it’s a two week take it leave offer 

The marketing geniuses need to remember this 

3 hours ago, ooRya said:

But it is reasonable to say that 85% may not have renewed YET.

I suspect that is not quite right.. If you are not on the forum, much of the uproar and delaying renewal will have gone over your head and you are likely to have renewed  (if you were going to, I expect a good number of half  ST holders never were going to anyway).

If you are on the forum and have renewed I expect many have kept their head down and said nothing. 

1 hour ago, ZiderEyed said:

I followed Weston-super-Mare for a couple of years when I got right pissed off with City and the way football was heading a few years ago. As of recently, I've been following Bristol Manor Farm a lot more.

You should definitely do it, you won't look back!

Ah nice one. I'll take your advice and head down before the end of the season. See what's occuring!

2 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

I followed Weston-super-Mare for a couple of years when I got right pissed off with City and the way football was heading a few years ago. As of recently, I've been following Bristol Manor Farm a lot more.

A family relation plays in the Hellenic league. Gets about £30 a game. Been to see him play home and away a few times. Hand on heart a far more enjoyable experience than going to Ashton Gate. 

2 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

The problem with that is that it’s City that I love. I’m rarely fussed about watching other games. Don’t pay much attention to the premier league, let alone other foreign leagues. International football is generally dull. 

Watching a non league game, where I couldn’t care less about either team, just wouldn’t interest me. 

If City ever ceased to be, I’d probably just take up dogging..! 

19 hours ago, The Red Planet said:

I can't believe that nobody (so far) on this thread has mentioned the £50 million + that Bristol Sport invested in rebuilding AG - which is now a stadium fit for the Premier League.

During the redevelopment,  ticket prices were frozen - quite rightly, there was a lot of disruption during those two years although I should say that was a brilliant example of project management.

Not one game of football or rugby was missed during that challenging period. 

Bristol Sport is a business (get used to it) and if a business makes an investment they are entitled to a return on that investment.

So, now it is complete, admission prices are going up - to start paying back that investment. 

What is the problem here ? 

The problem is that people have competing things on which to spend their money and it would appear that the large hike in prices is literally pricing some out of attending. It doesn’t need a huge number of those for the club to be out of pocket therefore the intention to increase revenue will bite them in the arse. What then, double the price the following season for those who are “alright Jack”?

Like I said three of us will renew but at a price that means the club are around £500 out of pocket from what we paid them this season.

Treating people like customers works both ways......the “Customer” has a choice.

21 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

The problem is that people have competing things on which to spend their money and it would appear that the large hike in prices is literally pricing some out of attending. It doesn’t need a huge number of those for the club to be out of pocket therefore the intention to increase revenue will bite them in the arse. What then, double the price the following season for those who are “alright Jack”?

Like I said three of us will renew but at a price that means the club are around £500 out of pocket from what we paid them this season.

Treating people like customers works both ways......the “Customer” has a choice.

You have to wonder if the club have fully thought this through.

If every ST holder moves to cheaper seats, they are going to be left with a surfeit of 'prime' seats to fill on a match day. I'm not sure Forever  Bristol members will be best pleased that they may have to select the dearest options, and I cant see many POTD fans waking up on a Saturday morning and coughing up £41.

Not renewed myself yet BTW

solid.png.6636468a164c1b5862c07c83c5c16134.png

56 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

The problem with that is that it’s City that I love. I’m rarely fussed about watching other games. Don’t pay much attention to the premier league, let alone other foreign leagues. International football is generally dull. 

Watching a non league game, where I couldn’t care less about either team, just wouldn’t interest me. 

Why wait?

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

silently await comment from @Rudolf Hucker :yawn:

20 hours ago, The Red Planet said:

I can't believe that nobody (so far) on this thread has mentioned the £50 million + that Bristol Sport invested in rebuilding AG - which is now a stadium fit for the Premier League.

During the redevelopment,  ticket prices were frozen - quite rightly, there was a lot of disruption during those two years although I should say that was a brilliant example of project management.

Not one game of football or rugby was missed during that challenging period. 

Bristol Sport is a business (get used to it) and if a business makes an investment they are entitled to a return on that investment.

So, now it is complete, admission prices are going up - to start paying back that investment. 

What is the problem here ? 

Fans are not buying a "share" of the new stadium though are they, in fact they want the fans money but not their opinions on anything; in fact BS (S and J.L) mantra is our way or the highway.

There would have been no problem at all if there had just been an across the board small inflation plus rise, but to punish some, based on where they sit and how old they are and hardly touch others seems wrong to many.

Too much costly change in one hit is wrong and the powers that be have scored a massive own goal which they will see when they get their heads out of the sand.

On 13/03/2018 at 12:37, Robbored said:

Of course I've renewed!  A) I'm a true City fan.  B) I can afford it. That said I am aware that not everyone can afford it.

Good to hear. How long have you been a Bristol Sports diehard?

Also, and I stand to be corrected if I’m wrong and apologise in advance, but was it you who went to watch Rovers at Wembley before or have I got you mixed up with someone else?

5 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

I watch non league and local football every week now. A few quid to get in, stand up all game, close to the action and a couple of beers while watching the game.

What’s not to like!

City will always be part of me, but the hastle of travel, tickets, parking and general sanitised modern day football, has turned me off going regularly.

Going to non league and local football has bought back that feeling of being part of something, whereas I don’t feel that way at AG anymore.

7 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

I watch non league and local football every week now. A few quid to get in, stand up all game, close to the action and a couple of beers while watching the game.

What’s not to like!

City will always be part of me, but the hastle of travel, tickets, parking and general sanitised modern day football, has turned me off going regularly.

Going to non league and local football has bought back that feeling of being part of something, whereas I don’t feel that way at AG anymore.

Exactly.

The sanitisation is what did it for me. Give me a grimey old terrace over plastic seats and pizza in the concourses every day of the week.

You feel genuinely valued as well, you're not just another walking wallet or another customer, you're part of the lifeblood of clubs that rely on ticket sales just to exist.

35 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Missed a few Bristol calls in the last few days. Maybe it's BCFC calling asking if I'll be renewing. Don't recognise number though. 

Never get calls from Bristol unless it's the club. 

Has anyone else had calls? I don’t think they will be starting calls yet, not only 3 days into the renewal period. The last week and after I think.

2X not renewed yet. I am waiting to see if the club does anything, we have two seats in W13 Lansdown stand great seats but expensive now.

Maybe if we renew savings will have to be made I like the idea of not spending money in the ground No Beer Food Chocolate bars Pies etc, don't buy   programs. Stop going in the club shop.

Spend my money in Shops Bars Pubs outside the ground. Clarks Pies good maybe KFC will get in some chicken.

They want £599 from my son and £469 from me quite a steep increase over last year

Renewed mine for another season of nail biting and frustration, but what else am i gonna do on a Saturday, the cost has increased to me a little in Dolman block B, so it's not really affected me or my fellow season ticket holders a lot, however i do think we need to encourage more young supporters and their families, our club has changed the prices but in this day and age it has to run as a business as well as a great day out, sometimes!

3 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Good to hear. How long have you been a Bristol Sports diehard?

Also, and I stand to be corrected if I’m wrong and apologise in advance, but was it you who went to watch Rovers at Wembley before or have I got you mixed up with someone else?

You got the right bloke.... drives Gasheads to Wembley.... and sits on his high horse on here everyday.... 

42 minutes ago, westex red said:

Renewed mine for another season of nail biting and frustration, but what else am i gonna do on a Saturday, the cost has increased to me a little in Dolman block B, so it's not really affected me or my fellow season ticket holders a lot, however i do think we need to encourage more young supporters and their families, our club has changed the prices but in this day and age it has to run as a business as well as a great day out, sometimes!

The club will never ever make enough from season tickets, no club will. 

I've not yet renewed. not affected by pricing.

Am I going to renew, this is the first season. where I'm unsure if I will or not. I have been a supporter of the City since the mid 70's and I don't get the same buzz as I use to all those years ago, must be a sign of getting old. I use to love the pre match buildup in the old days Ship and Castle for a few ciders, over to the Star/Wedlocks and then into the ground, such great times. 

Reading some of the comments made by you all makes me hope the club will take notice and do something about it, but on the other hand I don't think they will.

5 minutes ago, Corsham Ed said:

Reading some of the comments made by you all makes me hope the club will take notice and do something about it, but on the other hand I don't think they will.

If they don't do anything after taking the amount of time they've had  then, quite frankly,  it'll be a disgrace. 

Archived