IGNORED

Skuse

Super

4 hours ago, city1983 said:

bang average to poor player at this level. very lethargic and just lets the game pass him by IMO. i wouldnt let him anywhere near this side.

A very one eyed view and yet another who has no idea what the role of a DM actually is...................:facepalm:

16 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

He performed the task he did here - breaking up play, picking up runners, short, simple passes out of the final third.

Never spectacular, but there is certainly an argument to be made that he was their best player on the day. 

Anyone see how he noticed the hole Bobby was operating from in the first half and re-arranged things to close him down?

:fear:

3 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Nevermind all this . Why does every tv commentator call him Cole Skoooz?

Cole SkuSe  *double s sound 

Get his name right ffs, he's one of our own. 

Better than the time he was announced as "Colay Skusay" at Doncaster!

Bloody eck though, when you listen to what he has to do on the football pitch, you realise that his role is so boring; wonder if he actually enjoys the way he has to play the game?  He must go into training and matches wishing he had a job watching paint dry.

Poor Old Skuse!

9 hours ago, The Bard said:

Sorry but the bit in bold makes no sense.  There was one comedy 'race' between Pack and Skuse near the end.  

If he does end up here I hope he is played in the back 4.  He uses the ball well there.

OK let me help you there...... He did nothing wrong, made no mistakes, so nothing stood out in peoples' memories.  What he did, he did right. Nothing spectacular, just neat and tidy.  Hope that helps.

I think Cole Skuse is a far better technical player than just about everyone on this thread - including those praising him - gives him credit for.

He reads the game well, is a good one-on-one defender, tackles well, is comfortable passing both short and long and even has a decent strike in his locker. When you break his game down, he's got every ingredient you'd want in a central midfielder.

The problem is he just lacks that extra 5% - that relentlessness, that desperation to be involved in the play, that extra edge. I think @Nogbad the Bad hit the nail on the head when he described him as "languid".

For a player so technically proficient, I actually don't think he properly got the best out of his ability. Just my two cents, though.

For swede and any other person not fortunate enough to see Skuse's many, many great games there was more to his game than safe and insightful passing. His wonder goals eg at Leicester, his pass to Maynard in the pre-season win v Antwerp and about a thousand tackles. He will also win more headers than Corey and GoN due to his height.

Perhaps GoN goes out and Skusay in?

I saw that goal v Leicester away and it was a terrific strike and showed what he could do. Unfortunately for him its a bit of a rarity. Perhaps that is why there will always be a debate about him. 

If we want to get to the next level we need more from our midfield players to drive us forward.

Archived