IGNORED

Ian Holloway - To Those That Love To Hate; He's Not All Bad Is He

havanatopia

http://www.thisiscroydontoday.co.uk/story-18745610-detail/story.html

Perhaps been posted already.

I am never one to label someone and certainly you will not catch me using the word 'hate'; what does it ever achieve in life other than angst, tension and, well, more hate. Who needs that.

Ian Holloway may have spouted some nonsense in the past, we all have, but he was younger and it was, as he says, banter. There is a line that should never be crossed but also we should all stop and think sometimes before we say something and ask the question 'is it really necessary' ? What does it do, hidden behind a computer keyboard, other than to perhaps pump the ego chest?

I always find the guy entertaining, I see no point in 'hating' anyone or 'anything'. Some people ought to try it sometime; its actually quite rewarding.

Holloway clearly cares about our plight, I genuinely believe that. He did not need to come out and say anything but he did and, for the record, he should be considered a better man for it by those who gave him no slack whatsoever.

Of course we can still say we do not want his team to get promoted but, for me at least, thats not because of him its because its Palarse.

To me it sounds like a pop at City and also a pop at Cardiff about their kit and badge change (which is fair play of course). Funny he didn't mention the attitude of Bristol Rovers players. Bookies second favourites to be promoted and one of the largest budgets in the division and yet they are in the bottom half having spent most of the season in the bottom two.

I am never one to label someone and certainly you will not catch me using the word 'hate'; what does it ever achieve in life other than angst, tension and, well, more hate. Who needs that.

Ian Holloway may have spouted some nonsense in the past, we all have, but he was younger and it was, as he says, banter. There is a line that should never be crossed but also we should all stop and think sometimes before we say something and ask the question 'is it really necessary' ? What does it do, hidden behind a computer keyboard, other than to perhaps pump the ego chest?

I always find the guy entertaining, I see no point in 'hating' anyone or 'anything'. Some people ought to try it sometime; its actually quite rewarding.

Holloway clearly cares about our plight, I genuinely believe that. He did not need to come out and say anything but he did and, for the record, he should be considered a better man for it by those who gave him no slack whatsoever.

Of course we can still say we do not want his team to get promoted but, for me at least, thats not because of him its because its Palarse.

Not really to bothered by Holloway and his comments.But as the bloke who ditched Plymouth , after saying what a great club and supporters they had and how they were his type of people , it's a bit rich to read his comments about spirit at a football club.

Bloke is a dick. He can spout all the clap trap he likes. Having been on the end of a foul mouth rant I will keep my own opinion of him. And that won't be changing.

Bloke is a gobshite, who should know how to behave better around kids.

It's hard to judge his record tbh, he's done very decent at times and very crap at times. Took Leicester down to 3rd tier for first time in history, put that lot on other side of town in a hole after blowing top 6 from abrilliant position season before. He steadied ship at QPR, did amazing to get Blackpool up and have them competiting in PL before walking out and good work at Plymouth. Palace he seems to have possibly blown a playoff place depending on final few games from a great position. He does talk some crap though, but at same time we have invested badly. Not a great fan of him on balance.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Hollowhead is a City hating buffoon.

He 'cares about our plight' in the same way any City hating gashead cares about it - he'll be laughing his hollow, skeletal head off!!

Edited by Nogbad the Bad