IGNORED

Ashton Gate Artist Impressions...

G Block

What I liked and appreciated about the process of design for AV was that we, as fans, were consulted. We received a Q & A survey and my views seemed to be echoed by the majority because we ended up with a brilliant and proper four sided stadium that even looked a bit Niemeyer-esque.!

The fact that our dreams of that spanking new stadium have died is one thing but to be presented with a fait a compli following a dribble of information about maybe or maybe not is disappointing; no such similar Q & A was presented to the diaspora of fans only an 'open day' at the ground itself which, at least in my experience, has been a backward step; the club should, i think, have extended the hand of patronage further than before not less in the effort to persuade us all that this was far from a poor second choice. Instead it feels like a back door approach. And lets not beat about the bush here; looking at this design, for me, evokes a significantly distant second choice in every way i can think of; They could, at the very least, have come up with an inspiring design instead of something that really looks pretty ordinary. 

For all of the criticism and stick Colin Sexstone got and I was a part of that he at least seemed to be the one who drove that consultation effort and feed of information. Much of that, in fact most of that communication with fans, has dried up since.

All of that said I am of course delighted we are getting a refurbished AG.

What I liked and appreciated about the process of design for AV was that we, as fans, were consulted. We received a Q & A survey and my views seemed to be echoed by the majority because we ended up with a brilliant and proper four sided stadium that even looked a bit Niemeyer-esque.!

The fact that our dreams of that spanking new stadium have died is one thing but to be presented with a fait a compli following a dribble of information about maybe or maybe not is disappointing; no such similar Q & A was presented to the diaspora of fans only an 'open day' at the ground itself which, at least in my experience, has been a backward step; the club should, i think, have extended the hand of patronage further than before not less in the effort to persuade us all that this was far from a poor second choice. Instead it feels like a back door approach. And lets not beat about the bush here; looking at this design, for me, evokes a significantly distant second choice in every way i can think of; They could, at the very least, have come up with an inspiring design instead of something that really looks pretty ordinary.

For all of the criticism and stick Colin Sexstone got and I was a part of that he at least seemed to be the one who drove that consultation effort and feed of information. Much of that, in fact most of that communication with fans, has dried up since.

All of that said I am of course delighted we are getting a refurbished AG.

Are you joking!!! There were many Q&As about the stadium, and us as fans put ideas foward and these were acted upon. Maybe you should do you research before writing posts like this

Are you joking!!! There were many Q&As about the stadium, and us as fans put ideas foward and these were acted upon. Maybe you should do you research before writing posts like this

Afraid not.. I received emails, several in number, about AV but not one about AG..which is what i am referring to in order to avoid any confusion.

I can only talk about my personal experience. Sorry for that mucker.

p.s. what research are you referring to? I received nothing on AG and the design is, in my humble opinion, a poor one. No research required there as far as i can see. But i am still delighted we are getting a significant makeover at AG rather than nothing at all.

It was only last week that we received confirmation that no judicial review was submitted on our redevelopment plans. It was only at this point that we could be certain that no further changes would be required to the scheme as submitted. Now we have that certainty, we are going ahead to produce some updated visuals to share with supporters and the public. As soon as we have something to show you, we will.

It was only last week that we received confirmation that no judicial review was submitted on our redevelopment plans. It was only at this point that we could be certain that no further changes would be required to the scheme as submitted. Now we have that certainty, we are going ahead to produce some updated visuals to share with supporters and the public. As soon as we have something to show you, we will.

Thanks Dave your response is appreciated.

I think you can tell that people are keen to see these!

Any idea roughly when this will be?

Are we talking next few days or weeks?

So Manon's post (#8) isn't the final version, then?

We are keen (and probably overly impatient), and yes the response is appreciated.

But just thought that considering the club has had to wait this long for JR period to pass, they would at least be ready with finger on the trigger to fire them off as soon as they could.

It's not as though it would take any time to produce, since the modeling will already have been completed months ago, and it just a case of whacking out a few renders groom different perspectives.

We are keen (and probably overly impatient), and yes the response is appreciated.

But just thought that considering the club has had to wait this long for JR period to pass, they would at least be ready with finger on the trigger to fire them off as soon as they could.

It's not as though it would take any time to produce, since the modeling will already have been completed months ago, and it just a case of whacking out a few renders groom different perspectives.

Patient is a virtue. Basically I can infer from Dave's answer that the club didn't want to fork out money on renders that possibly may not have been valid if someone had put a JR in. The wait will make them even more sweeter when we get to see them.

Patient is a virtue. Basically I can infer from Dave's answer that the club didn't want to fork out money on renders that possibly may not have been valid if someone had put a JR in. The wait will make them even more sweeter when we get to see them.

Exactly that. I can't give you an exact date when we will have some images that we all (including myself!) would love to see, but rest assured they are being worked on now and you will get to see them as soon as is practically possible.

Exactly that. I can't give you an exact date when we will have some images that we all (including myself!) would love to see, but rest assured they are being worked on now and you will get to see them as soon as is practically possible.

Well I am sorry David old chap but that is just not good enough. Surely you have learnt that when us OTIB plebs want something we want it NOW.

This just smacks of incompetence. Sack the board I say !! Cotterill out !! It's all Lee Johnson's fault !! Off with their heads etc etc !!

Oh, by the way do you need a good QS to work on the job cos I'm available and I have Stadium experience.

I would be very surprised if the club are charged per render. The revision to the plans yes, but renders? Surely not. They should be inclusive. It is only the pressing of a few buttons after all, a couple of hours work at most. I don't expect top quality razz matazz, just something that accurately depicts the development. I could have done it myself using the planning docs to go by, but before someone suggests I should have, I have a young family, a busy life and I wouldn't have been paid for it!

I just think that, whatever way you look at it it's been a bit pedestrian by the club considering the timescale.

Anyway, I'll stop moaning now as I realize I'm probably bordering on sounding like whinging turd.

Just hope they're good now, or it'll be a huge anti climax...

I would be very surprised if the club are charged per render. The revision to the plans yes, but renders? Surely not. They should be inclusive. It is only the pressing of a few buttons after all, a couple of hours work at most. I don't expect top quality razz matazz, just something that accurately depicts the development. I could have done it myself using the planning docs to go by, but before someone suggests I should have, I have a young family, a busy life and I wouldn't have been paid for it!

I just think that, whatever way you look at it it's been a bit pedestrian by the club considering the timescale.

Anyway, I'll stop moaning now as I realize I'm probably bordering on sounding like whinging turd.

Just hope they're good now, or it'll be a huge anti climax...

I would be interested to see a mock up by yourself Manon! Then we can see how it compares to the official ones!

Well I am sorry David old chap but that is just not good enough. Surely you have learnt that when us OTIB plebs want something we want it NOW.

This just smacks of incompetence. Sack the board I say !! Cotterill out !! It's all Lee Johnson's fault !! Off with their heads etc etc !!

Oh, by the way do you need a good QS to work on the job cos I'm available and I have Stadium experience.

We have near enough a month until building work commences, I would have expected to see something by now at least where the new EE is concerned. Don't you agree?

We have near enough a month until building work commences, I would have expected to see something by now at least where the new EE is concerned. Don't you agree?

Actually we don't. In May groundwork preparation starts, that is demolition and preparation of the site.

Construction won't start for a fair few months after that.

I'd expect plans to be in the public domain by May, but don't get the impression that building work starts that early.

Actually we don't. In May groundwork preparation starts, that is demolition and preparation of the site.

I'd expect plans to be in the public domain by May, but don't get the impression that building work starts that early.

Well yes ok if you want to be pedantic about it

Fair amount of nasty stuff under the Eastend that needs removing from memory of the original redevlopment plans 7-8 years ago. Guessing environmental services will be on site for a but

Don't see the pointi in fat people having to stand on a game of football. Why lose out on eatiing yourself to death Saturdays 3 p.m. too 4.45 p.m.??

I've just approved your post as I hope someone can explain what you are banging on about because I sure as hell don't know.

Archived