IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

16 year old Will Smeed his 116 for the 2nd XI, trescothick also hit a ton, just a 26 year age gap. Coached a junior team a few years ago and Smeed was in the opposition, looked a quality player back then even at the age of 11. 

Back to back wins for Somerset and finally a captain has realised you always bowl out your most economical bowler. Max Walker.

in the last 2 games he’s bowled 8 overs 4 for 43 at just over 5 an over in T20 that’s like maidens in normal cricket. In doing so got his 100 th T20 wicket.

So many times over the years he’s been under bowled 

12 hours ago, Tomarse said:

They always seem to produce crackers. For a 14 over game that was top stuff. Maybe the ECB know something about 100 ball cricket after all :blink:

It often seems to be conveniently schedulded for when the England players will be available as well, only Bairstow was missing and it's probably the only T20 match that Root and Buttler will feature in this summer unless either side progresses to Finals Day.

Really interested to know everybody's opinion on this 100 ball lark in terms of entertainment.

Or perhaps this years blast in general?

This years blast is on course to be the highest scoring per over t20 tournament ever, anywhere in the world at almost 9 runs per over.

There have been scores of 250, 231 (which was chased down and tied) and several 200+

Is this entertainment, really?

Not for me... Not unless I'm at the game, when to be fair, seeing sixes everywhere is brilliant. But you watch on TV and there is literally fek all in it for the bowlers, it's just boring IMO. It'll be a shame if this is what we do when we introduce a 100 ball tournament. Ropes further in, better batting tracks... Could end up seeing 170 par scores from 100 balls which is just nuts... Do people actually want this?

3 hours ago, EmersonsRed said:

Really interested to know everybody's opinion on this 100 ball lark in terms of entertainment.

Or perhaps this years blast in general?

This years blast is on course to be the highest scoring per over t20 tournament ever, anywhere in the world at almost 9 runs per over.

There have been scores of 250, 231 (which was chased down and tied) and several 200+

Is this entertainment, really?

Not for me... Not unless I'm at the game, when to be fair, seeing sixes everywhere is brilliant. But you watch on TV and there is literally fek all in it for the bowlers, it's just boring IMO. It'll be a shame if this is what we do when we introduce a 100 ball tournament. Ropes further in, better batting tracks... Could end up seeing 170 par scores from 100 balls which is just nuts... Do people actually want this?

Personally it`s not for me but unfortunately what TV wants, TV gets.

Give me a test match any day (or a decent competitive 50 over game) - can`t wait for a week Wednesday when the first test starts. Mind you, just watch the weather change for the worse then!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Personally it`s not for me but unfortunately what TV wants, TV gets.

Give me a test match any day (or a decent competitive 50 over game) - can`t wait for a week Wednesday when the first test starts. Mind you, just watch the weather change for the worse then!

Spot on.

Test match cricket is the ultimate level. No other form of the game comes close.

3 hours ago, The Bard said:

Would be interesting to hear of a better hat trick in the history of the game.  3 world class batsman

They were having this debate on the online commentary earlier, there've been more dramatic and meaningful hat tricks, but for quality of batsmen dismissed it's got to be right up there.

On 21/07/2018 at 10:45, Tomarse said:

They always seem to produce crackers. For a 14 over game that was top stuff. Maybe the ECB know something about 100 ball cricket after all :blink:

Anyway back to the madness of the fixture list and a 4 day game tomorrow ! 

Careful 14 overs is 84 balls, don't be giving the ECB any other ideas.

1 minute ago, Tomarse said:

Haha haven’t they trialed 10 over nonsense in Dubai?

Either way the crowds on Friday shows there is nothing wrong with the current T20 tournament other than it should be condensed down into 3 week tournament with semi/finals at end of that. 

I'd take a leaf from the current idea some areas are going (womens tri series and county/WSL) I'd have 2 games scheduled on a day, home team plays twice. It'd be 80 overs in the day so less than players currently play and would free up more days in the schedule.