Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Coppello

The County Cricket Thread

55 minutes ago, hodge said:

If the league is tied does it go to boundaries ... ;)

Amount of wins first. So at moment Somerset one ahead. I guess if wins level it may go to batting and bonus points and then how many times Gus Fraser has complained about the pitch 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, myol'man said:

If I'm going to book one days holiday should I aim for day 3 or day 4?

Difficult to say mate.

But you're likely to see more play on the Wednesday 

32 minutes ago, phantom said:

Difficult to say mate.

Unless we win it at Rose Bowl !

Looking pretty mixed for us.

We are noe 176/6 which is 6 ahead- not good.

Middlesex v Durham- would rather Middlesex had won it as they're that bit further back but Durham won. Middlesex now realistically out of it.

In good news, Worcestershire beat Glamorgan- we're still 2nd but Northants could well overtake us- it's ridiculously tight though, even so late into the season!!

1 Lancs   11 6 0 5 0 28 32 181
2 Gloucs   11 4 2 5 0 33 30 152
3 Durham   12 5 4 3 0 19 33 147
4 Northants   11 3 2 6 0 30 30 138
5 Glamorgan   12 3 3 6 0 30 29 136
6 Sussex   11 3 4 4 0 25 29 122
7 Middlesex   12 3 4 5 0 19 28 120
8 Worcestershire   12 3 6 3 0 19 32 114
9 Derbyshire   11 3 5 3 0 19 30 112
10 Leicestershire   11 1 4 6 0 19 24 89
Edited by Mr Popodopolous

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Difficult to say mate.

Take both days off, watch us win it on Wednesday and go on the lash all day Thursday.

Best take Friday off too.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Any chance of Essex win probably went with those late wickets and losing time to bad light.  Optimistic to think Warks can take 14 wickets tomorrow but if they strike early who knows 

Looking like it's going to be a 7 point lead, Essex likely to get a 3rd batting point but no more as there's only 9 overs left.

I'd have taken that before this round of matches. Maintain that lead into the Essex game, make the wicket a road, pray for rain and open the champagne 

Edited by ralphindevon

3 hours ago, TomF said:

Any chance of Essex win probably went with those late wickets and losing time to bad light.  Optimistic to think Warks can take 14 wickets tomorrow but if they strike early who knows 

Spot on. Mind you, I suppose there could be a couple of declarations to set up a last day run chase. Unikely, but certainly not impossible. (Warks are just about mathematically safe so guess there's no real motivation for them).

13 hours ago, Calculus said:

Spot on. Mind you, I suppose there could be a couple of declarations to set up a last day run chase. Unikely, but certainly not impossible. (Warks are just about mathematically safe so guess there's no real motivation for them).

Warwickshire won't be setting up any result, they stay up if they draw this game.

They will no doubt enforce the follow on should they get Essex out in time, otherwise this will disappear into a non event

Interesting comments from Surrey coach Michael Di Venuto:

"That was embarrassing. I've watched a lot of cricket and played a lot of cricket and the last two days what we've dished up there is some of the worst cricket I've ever seen."

"We've got a lot of people that just aren't in good form. There's one stand-out in Ollie Pope who again showed his form, but not many positives."

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

Warwickshire won't be setting up any result, they stay up if they draw this game.

They will no doubt enforce the follow on should they get Essex out in time, otherwise this will disappear into a non event

Interesting comments from Surrey coach Michael Di Venuto:

"That was embarrassing. I've watched a lot of cricket and played a lot of cricket and the last two days what we've dished up there is some of the worst cricket I've ever seen."

"We've got a lot of people that just aren't in good form. There's one stand-out in Ollie Pope who again showed his form, but not many positives."

Hopefully give Surrey a kick up the arse for next week. I never imagined them being so poor this season. Most expected them to walk to a second championship. 

4 minutes ago, Super said:

Essex 8 down

A couple of quick wickets now and a Warwickshire victory isn't completely out of the question. Given they've played a fair amount of overs now, how many points will they end up on if they draw or lose and what will this mean for the gap at the top? 

1 minute ago, TomF said:

Blimey Essex done a Somerset there - 299 after 110 overs. 8 point gap potentially if it's a draw then. 

I wonder if they were aware of it?

1 minute ago, Super said:

I wonder if they were aware of it?

Guessing they maybe more worried about avoiding the follow on than extra point.  If Essex did lose this, Somerset would need 11 points from two games for the title 😯

13 minutes ago, Coppello said:

A couple of quick wickets now and a Warwickshire victory isn't completely out of the question. Given they've played a fair amount of overs now, how many points will they end up on if they draw or lose and what will this mean for the gap at the top? 

2 minutes ago, TomF said:

Blimey Essex done a Somerset there - 299 after 110 overs. 8 point gap potentially if it's a draw then. 

Essex still need 60odd runs to avoid the follow-on, with just the two wickets remaining.

If they hold on for a draw, they will be 8 points behind.

Here's hoping Jeetan Patel canproduce some magic to get the win for Warwickshire.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TomF said:

Guessing they maybe more worried about avoiding the follow on than extra point.  If Essex did lose this, Somerset would need 11 points from two games for the title 😯

:pray:

3 minutes ago, TomF said:

How do you work that out?

If Essex lose today, they would be 13 points behind - 11 points for Somerset would only put them 24 points, or one win, ahead.

Two wins for Essex, including against Somerset, would surely put them ahead.

10 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

How do you work that out?

If Essex lose today, they would be 13 points behind - 11 points for Somerset would only put them 24 points, or one win, ahead.

Two wins for Essex, including against Somerset, would surely put them ahead.

Yeah I was stupidly thinking one game. Durh. 

I don't want to build up hopes, but I am currently watching the Warwickshire live stream - switching between the Test.

I can assure you that, should Essex fail to avoid the follow-on - they are currently 47 runs away with one wicket left as Westley has just been bowled - they will struggle in their second innings as Jeetan is really getting some serious turn. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I don't want to build up hopes, but I am currently watching the Warwickshire live stream - switching between the Test.

I can assure you that, should Essex fail to avoid the follow-on - they are currently 47 runs away with one wicket left as Westley has just been bowled - they will struggle in their second innings as Jeetan is really getting some serious turn. 

Hopefully following on - JP will be in his groove ready to go with a nice new harder ball too. 

Browne gone 0-1

:clapping:

Drama again at Edgbaston, Nick Browne has gone in the first over, caught at third slip. The batsman thinks it has bounced and the umpires have consulted but the wicket is confirmed. Are Essex going to subside? Still 193 behind

Edited by BobBobSuperBob

1 minute ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

Probably just jinxed the entire season, but bought tickets for day 4 v Essex.

See you there !

1 minute ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

Probably have now jinxed the entire season, but just bought tickets for day 4 v Essex.

I'm stuck on client sites from Mon - Thurs.  I hate you all 😂

2 minutes ago, Super said:

14/2...………………………..will be 114/2 this afternoon!

Wrong thread 

Don’t confuse the Cidermen ! 

Essex 9-1

Edited by BobBobSuperBob
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Super said:

14/2...………………………..will be 114/2 this afternoon!

Got excited when I saw that :protest:

• Haha 1

We're looking like losing here to Sussex- would need to get them 72ao on a sunny day- ain't happening!

Importantly we still remain 3rd, just but it is really tight!

Northants need another 45 too with 8 wickets left.

Could very easily read this in the scramble for 2nd and 3rd though by close of play today!

1. Northants 161
  2. Gloucestershire 156
  3. Durham 147
  4. Sussex 145

Only Leicestershire will be mathematically out of it though, which is mental!! Lancashire have 204 points from 12, up and title won I reckon.

OTOH if we somehow pull of a combination of Murali the Oval 1998, Broad spell 2009 v Australia at the Oval and win- won't happen but if we did- we would be virtually up!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

Probably have now jinxed the entire season, but just bought tickets for day 4 v Essex.

Hopefully, and in the nicest possible way, your money will have been wasted due to Somerset having won by an innings in three days 😉

2 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Hopefully, and in the nicest possible way, your money will have been wasted due to Somerset having won by an innings in three days 😉

Hopefully 3 days of rain, followed by glorious sunshine and a draw...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Day 4

Monster BBQ on the square 

:yes:

• Like 1

Notice that Harmer- Essex spinner- got 6/143 in Warwickshire 1st Innings.

Patel 6/73 in their innings- predicting a draw but it could be a very interesting final couple of sessions or so.

Nice bit of artwork here, apparently these are on the walls in the Pavillion.

Not sure why we are only being shown them now though????

DSC_3806.jpg

DSC_3802-1024x533.jpg