IGNORED

Under 18's V Sheffield Wednesday - Match Discussion

Harry

Few comments about tonight...

Maybe it would have been a good idea to tell all the security on the gates that there was a match on and that people would be attending.

I spoke to 7 of them on different entrances and non of them had a clue about to night.

A few said....'that's normal, we never get told anything'.

I'm certainly glad more people didn't turn up, as the organisation seemed very unprofessional.

On the plus side....ease of entrance through turnstiles. So much more space. Comfy chairs, plenty of leg room. Pints poured in advance....was shocked at some of the prices though, especially for a coke.

Great view of the pitch, although some in the lower Dolman were complaining.

I sat in the lower Dolman....when anything was announced you cannot decipher anything. Everything bounces around the Stadium with an echo...I couldn't understand one word. Perhaps, it was just where I sat.

Other than that...Great :-)

Oh....and we have some really talented U18's....especially whoever played No.2 Tonight.

The number 2 was Opanin Edwards. I agree, he looked good.

Overall it all looks very impressive but will obviously need a few weeks worth of finishing touches. But looked great.

Overall it all looks very impressive but will obviously need a few weeks worth of finishing touches. But looked great.

Who was the blonde lad in midfield, number 7? Bossed the first half with a superb range of short and long passes.

Cheers for that 'Harry'...tried getting a team sheet to no avail. And couldn't decipher a thing from the tannoy.

I was quiet impressed with our first half performance. Some decent play and players....the only player who looked out of place was the no.11 up front.

Second half was disjointed after the substitutions.

Nice to see us playing 352 as well.

That was George Dowling....he's a great talent imho.

Played for the U21's as well.

The number 7 blondie was Henry Spalding. George Dowling was the number 10 playing just behind the striker.

According to the teamsheet at least?!

11 was Elijah Chilekwa.

The number 7 blondie was Henry Spalding. George Dowling was the number 10 playing just behind the striker.

According to the teamsheet at least?!

11 was Elijah Chilekwa.

Looks like I got my Blondes mixed up fella :-)

Although no.7 sure looked like George Dowling to me

dowling43213-2564041_478x359.jpg

Looks like I got my Blondes mixed up fella :-)

Although no.7 sure looked like George Dowling to me

dowling43213-2564041_478x359.jpg

Can I be pedantic and point out that women are blonde and men are blond.  :innocent06:

Oh, and just to add, I've enjoyed reading everyone's reports about tonight and it's made me even keener to see the new stuff myself on Saturday. :thumbsup:

David Lloyd certainly announced it was George Dowling when he went off before the end.

I'd left before the end so completely unsure now.

The teamsheet I had certainly said Spalding 7 and Dowling 10. Not surprised if that was incorrect though??

Mods, could you create a new post about the game and move the match discussion into it please?  It's good to discuss the kids, but there is a lot more talk about that than about the stadium, and I fear that feedback would possibly get a little lost in the debate....rendering the original intention somewhat moot.

Do they play a 532/352 like the first team?

Yes they do mate....and very comfortable they looked at it as well.

The two wing backs were full of energy and excellent....especially the no.2.

Like the first team this season, the front two found it a little difficult to create clear chances.

I was actually more impressed with our under 18's than our U21's....

Yes they do mate....and very comfortable they looked at it as well.

The two wing backs were full of energy and excellent....especially the no.2.

Like the first team this season, the front two found it a little difficult to create clear chances.

I was actually more impressed with our under 18's than our U21's....

Interesting, if that's the "Bristol City" identity now then I like it being something which is played at all levels.

I'm not surprised our u18s look better, was always going to be the case that it took a couple of years after the reshuffle with Anton/Tinnion coming on board.

People very quick to criticise the base level "results" of our youth teams but I'm a strong believer that the result doesn't matter THAT much up until first team level. Obviously it's better if they're getting wins, but I believe game time and decision making development are priority - I sound a bit like S'OD there!

Interesting, if that's the "Bristol City" identity now then I like it being something which is played at all levels.

I'm not surprised our u18s look better, was always going to be the case that it took a couple of years after the reshuffle with Anton/Tinnion coming on board.

People very quick to criticise the base level "results" of our youth teams but I'm a strong believer that the result doesn't matter THAT much up until first team level. Obviously it's better if they're getting wins, but I believe game time and decision making development are priority - I sound a bit like S'OD there!

I agree completely....tbh....it wasn't until we started making subs, that the team lost their shape a little....a few individual possession errors etc.

I thought the first half eleven looked a very good outfit together.

I was sat on the touchline and it was great to hear their communication and spirit.

Not afraid to boss and mix it either.

Who was the lad who took the corner for the first goal? Excellent delivery  :clap:

Dowling...imho...our best prospect.

Can I be pedantic and point out that women are blonde and men are blond.  :innocent06:

Oh, and just to add, I've enjoyed reading everyone's reports about tonight and it's made me even keener to see the new stuff myself on Saturday. :thumbsup:

Nice one Robbo. I seem to remember reading in one of my Bill Bryson books that it is the only adjective in the English language which has a different spelling for the male and female usage.

George Dowling was the best player first half against Taunton the other week. From what I have seen of him he looks to have improved past Joe Morrell who was seen as the brightest prospect coming through.

Do you not get to watch the u21s much ???

George Dowling has not gone past Joe Morrell,Joe best player against Taunton you say ??? did you not see if him Losing possession most of the first half in that game he was poor .

Lets not forget in George Dowlings attempts to get a pro contract this year, he refused to sign a scholar up until the last min!!

Inbetween this he went on trial at varies clubs who may I add all thought he was not worth the compo hence he came back to us with his tail between his legs and signed his scholar .

George Dowling has not gone past Joe Morrell,Joe best player against Taunton you say ??? did you not see if him Losing possession most of the first half in that game he was poor .

Lets not forget in George Dowlings attempts to get a pro contract this year, he refused to sign a scholar up until the last min!!

Inbetween this he went on trial at varies clubs who may I add all thought he was not worth the compo hence he came back to us with his tail between his legs and signed his scholar .

what do you know about Carlos Anton leaving???

This couldn't be more incorrect. He is on a pro contract and was offered multiple contracts by the clubs he went on trial with a chose to stay with city after an improved offer from the club

Archived