IGNORED

Under 18's V Sheffield Wednesday - Match Discussion

Harry

This couldn't be more incorrect. He is on a pro contract and was offered multiple contracts by the clubs he went on trial with a chose to stay with city after an improved offer from the clHe is not on the

He is not currently a pro!!

please read the last two lines of the below paragraph unless they have changed the rules for George Dowling if they have p[lease accept my apologies .

Academy Players are expected to complete their education programme even if they sign a professional contract before the apprenticeship has run its course.

You cannot sign a professional contract until you reach the age of 17.

As far as im aware and he is 16,thus can not be a pro .

He is not currently a pro!!

please read the last two lines of the below paragraph unless they have changed the rules for George Dowling if they have p[lease accept my apologies .

Academy Players are expected to complete their education programme even if they sign a professional contract before the apprenticeship has run its course.

You cannot sign a professional contract until you reach the age of 17.

As far as im aware and he is 16,thus can not be a pro .

I know the lad and I know for a fact he is highly regarded and was sought after by top clubs around the country and chose to stay with city. He trains with the first team and given a year or possibly two will be playing week in week out. I'd say he is our biggest prospect by far.

I know the lad and I know for a fact he is highly regarded and was sought after by top clubs around the country and chose to stay with city. He trains with the first team and given a year or possibly two will be playing week in week out. I'd say he is our biggest prospect by far.

2/3 boys from the 21s train with the 1st team every day for numbers .

He won't start over 25% of 21s games this season

Do you not get to watch the u21s much ???

George Dowling has not gone past Joe Morrell,Joe best player against Taunton you say ??? did you not see if him Losing possession most of the first half in that game he was poor .

Lets not forget in George Dowlings attempts to get a pro contract this year, he refused to sign a scholar up until the last min!!

Inbetween this he went on trial at varies clubs who may I add all thought he was not worth the compo hence he came back to us with his tail between his legs and signed his scholar .

The only factually correct part of this is the part where he is not yet a pro, the rest is factually way way off the mark

Regardless of all the politics of contracts, ages etc.... it's great to see some real talent at City. Having watched the U18s and U21s, i'd say for their age, the U18's are slightly ahead.

Plus as has been indicated before....as a Club we are playing the same formation. It's good to see the connection being made at last.

One thing that is very notable with City development teams...is that by comparison to a lot of their counterparts, we have a lot of slighter physical players....don't get me wrong....they are strong, fast and put it about...but size wise...notably smaller in stature.

Not always a bad thing...as players mature...it's their understanding and technical ability that is more important at that stage....fitness and strength can be worked on.

So glad they are not being overlooked....as in the past, it was always the physically developed for their age that mainly got noticed.

George Dowling has not gone past Joe Morrell,Joe best player against Taunton you say ??? did you not see if him Losing possession most of the first half in that game he was poor .

Lets not forget in George Dowlings attempts to get a pro contract this year, he refused to sign a scholar up until the last min!!

Inbetween this he went on trial at varies clubs who may I add all thought he was not worth the compo hence he came back to us with his tail between his legs and signed his scholar .

You are wrong. I know for fact he was offered many different deals at lots of clubs, however he chose City in the end though.

No I said George was the best player in first half not Joe. Joe was continually giving the ball away.

I thought the number 2 liked a dribble a bit too much and could've played a few one twos to get open better but lively down the wing.

#7 had a great first half and looks a talent.

Thought our left sided CB think #14 was the best of the bunch. Looked a solid defender and great on the ball.

Nice one Robbo. I seem to remember reading in one of my Bill Bryson books that it is the only adjective in the English language which has a different spelling for the male and female usage.

BB is a fellow Bournemouth Evening Echo old boy.

If only I had his money!

Archived