Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

joe jordans teeth

The Boxing Thread

10 minutes ago, TomF said:

Battle of the tainted meat looks set - Canello v BJS in May. 

Has this been announced now Tom?

I knew Fishnets wouldn't want a bar of Mundo for his cash cow. Presumably Callum will now fight Danny Jacobs then. Saunders has a chance if he can repeat the sort of performance we saw v Lemieux but I don't know if he has enough power to bother Canelo.

I'm quite looking forward to Quigg v Carroll tomorrow, should be dumb but fun.

51 minutes ago, Stortz said:

I knew Fishnets wouldn't want a bar of Mundo for his cash cow. Presumably Callum will now fight Danny Jacobs then. Saunders has a chance if he can repeat the sort of performance we saw v Lemieux but I don't know if he has enough power to bother Canelo.

Seems like we’re only waiting on the presser but otherwise done.   Im sure Canello will say Mundo dodged him but not sure about that. Maybe winner fights him..

On 03/03/2020 at 16:42, Northern Red said:

Whyte v Povetkin confirmed for 2nd May in Manchester.

Katie Taylor v Amanda Serrano has just been announced on this bill for all of the lightweight marbles.  What a great fight that is.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stortz said:

Have a feeling that’s the exact sort of performance you’ll get from BJS in this fight. Strikes me as a boxer who can only truly get up for the big ones. 

An awkward southpaw just like Lara was for Canelo some years ago. 

8 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

Have a feeling that’s the exact sort of performance you’ll get from BJS in this fight. Strikes me as a boxer who can only truly get up for the big ones. 

An awkward southpaw just like Lara was for Canelo some years ago. 

I hope so mate.

On his day Billy Joe is a fantastic boxer for sure, but I can't see him being able to knock Canelo out; and let's face it, he isn't getting a decision over Vegas's biggest cash generator on Cinco de Mayo weekend no matter how the fight goes.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

Quigg v Carroll, nice Britain v Ireland clash... 

Evening Bird, hope you're good!

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to it, could be a war.

10 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Evening Bird, hope you're good!

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to it, could be a war.

Alright mate.. 

FM bambi on ice, weird. 

Edited by B1ackbird

11 minutes ago, TomF said:

Blimey a card that doesn’t empty my wallet or has to be found on a stream.  Lovely 

Yes, and Hughie v a Czech barman before the main event too!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Yes, and Hughie v a Czech barman before the main event too!

Well at least if Peter is there then Fastcar won’t be worried about Big John coming in to give him a good hiding. 

Decent scrap this 

It can be a cruel game sometimes, the leftie was pulling away and would have won on Points anyway.. 

Edited by B1ackbird

Looks like Eddie is doing his bit to prevent large crowds gathering in Manchester tonight with this card.

Edited by Stortz
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

No one going for Quigg, interesting.. 

He doesn't look anything like as ripped as he used to, and nervous coming into the arena.

Lets hope he's not relying on his boxing smarts to win haha.

edit- Carroll looking very sharp here.

Edited by Stortz

Quigg looks like he's fighting in treacle. Carroll is too quick in thought and action.

This looks over unless Quigg gets a lucky shot.

3 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Quigg looks like he's fighting in treacle. Carroll is too quick in thought and action.

This looks over unless Quigg gets a lucky shot.

His corner would be wise to tell him to retire soon. Getting a proper beat down 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TomF said:

His corner would be wise to tell him to retire soon. Getting a proper beat down 

Yeah, quite sad to see him take this sort of hiding, he's finished.

It's a good job Jono can't hit harder, or this would be really ugly.

Quigg's plan seems to be stop all of Carroll's punches with his face and hope he gets tired out.

Edited by Stortz

3 rounds too late with the towel there.

Fair play Carroll, easily the best I've seen him box.

edit- @B1ackbird Adam Smith is such a nause eh.

Edited by Stortz

7 minutes ago, Stortz said:

3 rounds too late with the towel there.

Fair play Carroll, easily the best I've seen him box.

edit- @B1ackbird Adam Smith is such a nause eh.

It's plain to see Quigg doesn't punch hard enough to keep Carroll off him. 

Stortz, all I can say is he ain't Reg Gutterige.. 

Edited by B1ackbird

15 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

It's plain to see Quigg doesn't punch hard enough to keep Carroll off him. 

Stortz, all I can say is he ain't Reg Gutterige.. 

Quigg looked like an analogue boxer in a digital age tonight, he doesn't need the money any more surely (and he can work in his Mum's chip shop if he's skint) and should retire for sure.

He's one of those boxers whose dedication has made up for his technical deficiencies in his prime, but now father time has caught up with him he should gtfo with his faculties as intact as possible.

Ahh, good old Reg. I  miss him.

edit, poor old @Owl Visiting must still be in shock from the Quigg-esque shellacking they took from Brentford earlier!

Edited by Stortz
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Quigg looked like an analogue boxer in a digital age tonight, he doesn't need the money any more surely (and he can work in his Mum's chip shop if he's skint) and should retire for sure.

He's one of those boxers whose dedication has made up for his technical deficiencies in his prime, but now father time has caught up with him he should gtfo with his faculties as intact as possible.

Ahh, good old Reg. I  miss him.

I hear that mate, this ain't a sport where sentiment has any place, as for dedication, it's made the careers of many fighters, a time and a place I suppose. 

A gym-rat like Quigg could be an absolute monster at his weight but as age catches up, it's time to say "that's it".. 

Bit harsh haha. He's done well from boxing though and a career as a Sky pundit awaits.

His fight v Oscar Valdez was an absolute classic too, even if he did let himself down on his very biggest night v Frampton.

Shame really that would be quite funny!

Anthony Joshua's world title fight against Kubrat Pulev is 'not going to happen' behind closed doors after coronavirus disrupted major sporting events, says Eddie Hearn.

I think it's fair to say that indoor boxing is an absolute non starter in the coming months, and we were so close to an undisputed heavyweight fight this year. I can't realistically see any major cards until the Autumn now.

And in Germany, guess which Sauerland brother just realised his Medellin supply line was compromised by events:

24 minutes ago, Stortz said:

I think it's fair to say that indoor boxing is an absolute non starter in the coming months, and we were so close to an undisputed heavyweight fight this year. I can't realistically see any major cards until the Autumn now.

And in Germany, guess which Sauerland brother just realised his Medellin supply line was compromised by events:

Yep as much Eddie reckons it’s going ahead if we’re looking at a peak in May/June he can forget it. 

Kalles going to be going through a mountain full of the white stuff 

Given we're not going to have much to watch next few months how about a throwing a few of your favourite fights down on here.. I'll start with this little beauty. 

• Like 3

Watched the Whyte/Parker fight a couple of days ago. Never seen it properly first time round as I was away for the evening and had little reception so had to make do with watching snippets the following day.

What a fight that was. Don’t recall much being said about it at the time other than Whyte nearly throwing it away at the death but was a great watch.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

In light of any boxing not happening in the near future let’s post our favourite post or pre fight moments

Can only be one ! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Watched the Whyte/Parker fight a couple of days ago. Never seen it properly first time round as I was away for the evening and had little reception so had to make do with watching snippets the following day.

What a fight that was. Don’t recall much being said about it at the time other than Whyte nearly throwing it away at the death but was a great watch.

Whyte is never in a bad fight let’s be honest,just a shame that he’s a proven cheat because I love his you hit me I will hit you attitude 

• Like 1

On 26/03/2020 at 23:24, joe jordans teeth said:

I raise

I raise you 

Kinell pure WWE royal rumble that!   I wonder who wins out of a prime Lewis v prime Fury ?

7 hours ago, TomF said:

Kinell pure WWE royal rumble that!   I wonder who wins out of a prime Lewis v prime Fury ?

In my eyes it’s Lewis,they both liked to lean so probably be a crap fight but Lewis had skills and power and never ate boar meat 

Edited by joe jordans teeth
  • Like 1