IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

Jacobs v Derevyanchenko was a cracker last night.

We are just over a month out from Wilder v Fury and still not a single confirmed fight on the undercard. Ticket sales are very slow too apparently; casuals aren't falling for the fake beef and hardly anyone in the US knows who WIlder is, let alone Fury. The possibility of a handy injury grows imo.

I can't bring myself to watch any of the build up on IFL, find them both too cringey. I actually like Tyson when he sits down one to one, think he comes across as a decent guy, he just seems to be poorly educated and occasionally says stupid things which land him in hot water, I genuinely think he's a nicer guy than most boxers. 

Can't watch when he's in front of an audience though, I find it really embarrassing. It's like watching someone do an awful audition on X-Factor, just can't bare it. 

It'll be great if he wins though, even if you don't like the guy, if it means Wilder misses out on fighting AJ and an enormous pay day then that'd be funny. 

14 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

I can't bring myself to watch any of the build up on IFL, find them both too cringey. I actually like Tyson when he sits down one to one, think he comes across as a decent guy, he just seems to be poorly educated and occasionally says stupid things which land him in hot water, I genuinely think he's a nicer guy than most boxers. 

Can't watch when he's in front of an audience though, I find it really embarrassing. It's like watching someone do an awful audition on X-Factor, just can't bare it. 

It'll be great if he wins though, even if you don't like the guy, if it means Wilder misses out on fighting AJ and an enormous pay day then that'd be funny. 

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned on here before yet but TF has done a really good interview with Joe Rogan that's worth listening to.

• Thanks 1

On 29/10/2018 at 14:04, Owl Visiting said:

I’ve ran out of likes but this is 100% how I feel about Fury and this fight too. I think similar about Wilder too I’ve seen interviews with him where he’s not acting up talking like a preacher and shouting bomb squad and he actually comes across alright, almost a bit geeky but much more likeable.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

Looking forward to this, feel like Whyte probably deserves a bigger fight, but the first one was one of the best heavyweight fights I've ever seen.

The build up should be entertaining. :boxing:

Hi OV.. 

Felt it was very close and Whyte couldn't have complained if Del Boy got the nod.. 

Having said that, I think Whyte has improved the most since.. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Josh Taylor live on IFL tomorrow on their YouTube channel for free

I'm losing touch with all the channels and streams boxing is now on.

I used to like ringside every thursday on sky but now it's online podcast seems to confuse things a bit.

Didn't even know Taylor was fighting and he's quality. ?

34 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

Football eh? Load of old b***ocks.

At least we've got some boxing to distract us. Haven't seen Taylor live before, sounds like he's a class act. Looking forward to it.

He's a great boxer mate, very entertaining. It's a decent card tonight imo.

• Like 1