IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

4 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I'm pretty sure after his last fight he gave an interview after and he said he needed to have surgery? 

It could be that he hasn't fully recovered from that?

Hmm, I missed that.

Why is he imposing arbitrary deadlines on Usyk to sign for an April fight then?

2 hours ago, Super said:

A class act in and out of the ring.

Definitely has a very likeable personality, he makes me laugh here anyway. Interesting negotiation strategy from his camp and if they succeed in getting the fight on shorter notice it is probably their best chance of levelling the playing field. The smart thing is for Fury to delay but it's now going to cost him some support as people turn on him a little, guessing Usyk will play on that if the fight is at a later date but his preference will be for the April date and hope to catch Fury not at his sharpest.

• Like 1

On 11/03/2023 at 09:41, Super said:

Hope Usyk smashes him all over Wembley.

Same. Tysons antics are nothing short of disgraceful, couldn't care less about his nationality, he's a joke, and I'll certainly be cheering on Usyk. 

Hope he loses and then begs for a rematch, and gets told to do one. 

• Flames 1

I've got to say, I'm a big fan of both fighters and when the fight was first looking likely, just like the purse, I was 50/50 in terms of support.

After recent events, I'm now, just like the purse, 70/30... in favour of Usyk.

Besides Tyson Fury's irritating negotiations, I like the idea of an unlikely champion; the cruiserweight that took on the big beasts and defeated them. Plus he just seems like a great bloke.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, mozo said:

I've got to say, I'm a big fan of both fighters and when the fight was first looking likely, just like the purse, I was 50/50 in terms of support.

After recent events, I'm now, just like the purse, 70/30... in favour of Usyk.

Besides Tyson Fury's irritating negotiations, I like the idea of an unlikely champion; the cruiserweight that took on the big beasts and defeated them. Plus he just seems like a great bloke.

Don’t forget Fury being nailed for peds as well

26 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Officially off.

I've lost most of the respect I had left for Tyson tbh.

I think it adds more weight to the theories that he ducked AJ twice too. First, over the rematch clause with Wilder that he forgot to mention to anyone, and then with setting ridiculous ultimatums to AJ the second time around (as he has done with Usyk here).

Seems Fury is a fighter more interested in protecting his 0 than getting in the ring with the best.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, TomF said:

Wouldn't surprise me if Frank walks away from managing Fury soon, he must be as frustrated as the rest. 

He seems to think it may still happen but surely it can't for 5 weeks time?

11 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I'd like to hear both sides before going that far tbh. 

Fair comment, but most of the negotiations seem to have been conducted by Tyson on social media, so what can we be missing?

Usyk was prepared to fight him for less than he was worth to get the fight done, then Fury decides he doesn't want a rematch clause for no apparent reason when they're standard for fights of this size. Every time an obstacle was overcome, Tyson found another one to avoid fighting him.

It's the biggest duck since Bowe wanted no part of Lennox imo.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Fair comment, but most of the negotiations seem to have been conducted by Tyson on social media, so what can we be missing?

Usyk was prepared to fight him for less than he was worth to get the fight done, then Fury decides he doesn't want a rematch clause for no apparent reason when they're standard for fights of this size. Every time an obstacle was overcome, Tyson found another one to avoid fighting him.

Sounds like the final obstacle was Fury not committing to Usyk request to make payment to the Ukraine fund he asked for 

8 hours ago, Stortz said:

I listened to both promoters on Talksport this morning and to me Usyks promoter seemed to lack any substance. He said he could talk for 15 mins about Furys demands but then when given the opportunity failed to do so. 

Warren came on and did add substance. He said that he had convinced Fury about the rematch clause but that then Usyk started arguing about the purse split for the rematch. 

What I got from it was Fury is saying that if he wins then Usyk should get a lesser split in the rematch and Usyk is saying if he wins he should get a bigger split in the rematch. I've said this before in this thread that it's Fury that brings the fans and the PPVs so I can see why Fury thinks Usyks demands are unreasonable. Usyk is still going to earn more from this fight and any rematch than he would from any other fight. 

Warren revealed quite a few things and Usyks promoter didn't dispute them. After listening to them both it seemed like Usyk is the one that's gone home with the ball because he can't get what he wants. The whole 'it's off' did come from his side after all.

• Hmmm 1

10 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I listened to both promoters on Talksport this morning and to me Usyks promoter seemed to lack any substance. He said he could talk for 15 mins about Furys demands but then when given the opportunity failed to do so. 

Warren came on and did add substance. He said that he had convinced Fury about the rematch clause but that then Usyk started arguing about the purse split for the rematch. 

What I got from it was Fury is saying that if he wins then Usyk should get a lesser split in the rematch and Usyk is saying if he wins he should get a bigger split in the rematch. I've said this before in this thread that it's Fury that brings the fans and the PPVs so I can see why Fury thinks Usyks demands are unreasonable. Usyk is still going to earn more from this fight and any rematch than he would from any other fight. 

Warren revealed quite a few things and Usyks promoter didn't dispute them. After listening to them both it seemed like Usyk is the one that's gone home with the ball because he can't get what he wants. The whole 'it's off' did come from his side after all.

It's complete nonsense that Usyk would still have a career high payday

It's absolutely standard to reverse splits in rematches. Tyson never fancied it. SugarHill Steward confirmed he wasn't even in training, and we're supposedly 5 weeks out from the fight:

https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/sugarhill-confirms-fury-was-never-training-for-usyk-fight/260177

Clearly Tyson's fans are going to stick up for him no matter what, but take a look at the general reaction- especially among non casuals-and the vast majority are calling a duck a duck.

I hope his fans are all happy when they're getting fleeced for Fury Chisora 4.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Not sure I would believe anything greedy belly and Frank Warren say tbh.

I also think it's unfair to say Usyk isn't a big draw. He played a big part in the AJ fights and drew more PPVs when he fought Chisora than greedy belly did. 

19 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Tyson seems to agree with you!! 

11 hours ago, Stortz said:

It's complete nonsense that Usyk would still have a career high payday

It's absolutely standard to reverse splits in rematches. Tyson never fancied it. SugarHill Steward confirmed he wasn't even in training, and we're supposedly 5 weeks out from the fight:

https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/sugarhill-confirms-fury-was-never-training-for-usyk-fight/260177

Clearly Tyson's fans are going to stick up for him no matter what, but take a look at the general reaction- especially among non casuals-and the vast majority are calling a duck a duck.

I hope his fans are all happy when they're getting fleeced for Fury Chisora 4.

The Saudi money isn't on the table for this fight at the moment. He only got what he got for the AJ fight because of AJ.

Usyk doesn't bring the fans nor the PPV figures. Fury and AJ do (or did in AJs case) 

As I said before, Fury accepted the rematch clause despite not wanting it, Usyk then moved the goal posts. Uskys team then go crying to the media that the fight is off, why did they do that? Oh yea to put public pressure on Fury. 

Seems like Usyk is the one doing the ducking here! 

• Hmmm 1

3 hours ago, Rob k said:

Tyson seems to agree with you!! 

I don't know how anyone can even dispute that. Fury conceded to the rematch demand and still Usyk ducked the fight. 

As soon as Usyks promoter appeared on Talk Sport saying the fight was off it was clear that Usyk was the one doing the ducking. Why the need to go on the radio saying its off? If it was truly off, just put out a short statement saying its off. 

But no he wanted to get on the radio before Fury said anything. 

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

18 minutes ago, big dosser said:

just added this to my collection, might not be the best time to post due to the fight being called off. But he is still the man to beat for me

tf.JPG

100% he is - i don’t think he would have much trouble with Usyk personally, i think AJ would cause Fury more issues.