IGNORED

The Official Champions v Nottingham Forest Match Day Thread

I thought Kodjia was average tonight actually. Tried a few tricks that didn't come off, had one run at goal but didn't do much else

First half hour he was brilliant, had the Forest defence on toast. The flick on for Wilbs first in itself was enough for me. He faded as the game went on but so did pretty much everyone else. He still looked. Threat through most of the second half and the Forest centre halves were worries about him throughout

Three vital points for us: COYR!!! :)

Very good performance in the first half (Freeman,Wilbs & Fielding above all, IMO), whereas in the second one, Forest were the better side (I think Flint was our best player on the pitch).

On the basis of tonight's match, the two things that Cotts and the team should improve, IMO, are:

1) maintaining concentration (ex: wrong back-pass by Williams) and avoiding silly errors (ex: Ayling trying to dribble 2 players, instead of doing a simple pass);

2) the fitness level of some players (ex: Freeman, Bryan), and/or the time of some substitutions (ex: Wilbraham, when he's tired).

Un saluto dall'Italia e...sempre forza Robins! :city:

Edited by Dan Robin
  • Like 1

Are Forest really that crap or did we just make them look it ?

We'll be fine in this league from what I've seen so far.

MK and Forest the worst I've seen with Reading being the best. 

We made them. We've been threatening to batter a side for a while. It might not look like a thrashing from the score line but when you consider the chances would 4-1 even have flattered us? I think not. 

Edited by Guest

It's funny as, other than the goals, I wasn't any more convinced with our first half petformance than I have been with some of the the earlier home games this l season but it all seemed to click today. By the time we got to the second half it didn't feel for a second like we were going to concede. More of the same please!

A very welcome three points. I thought we looked really good in the first half. In the second half we sat back too much for my liking, but we still had the best chances to score. Glad for Wilbs that he scored after his poor performance last time but I imagine he'll kick himself for not getting the hat trick. It's good to be off the bottom of the table and now we are unbeaten in three games, so we are starting to put a run together.

SC better hope Wilbraham has a good game.

Only his best this season by a country mile by all accounts and an important statistic of course.

Goal!
Goal! Bristol City 2, Nottingham Forest 0. Aaron Wilbraham (Bristol City) header from the centre of the box to the top right corner. Assisted by Derrick Williams with a cross.

Can we just wish 75 mins away now!

There u go.

Bennet looks class

He certainly did.

Looks like last season first half

now for a second 45 the same and not as against MK

hole we see Cox

Was thinking exactly the same thing. A very commanding performance in the first half and, in all Carey fairness, comfortable in the second; I thought Flinty was back to his best in total control in the middle of defence with the other guys also putting in a superb shift. Still think Williams is probably the weak link with one or two dodgy passes; he needs to cut that out as Forest could have got back in there but overall the back line were tremendous.

Woulf get well pissed to celebrate but MRI scan early tomorrow. Early night for me. :( 

Good luck with that babber.

Are Forest really that crap or did we just make them look it ?

We'll be fine in this league from what I've seen so far.

MK and Forest the worst I've seen with Reading being the best. 

I agree.. thought Forest looked very ordinary but in all carey fairness they had a huge injury list as Freeeeeeeeedman kept reminding us.

Just thought I'd pop over read their forum which was great kinda like ours when we're having a bad game maybe a bit worse was thoroughly enjoyable and made our win even better might have to visit others more often when things on here are getting depressing will cheer me up if I choose the right one. Roll on Tuesday and another three points or a draw and decent performance if not a win. COYR's!!!

Just thought I'd pop over read their forum which was great kinda like ours when we're having a bad game maybe a bit worse was thoroughly enjoyable and made our win even better might have to visit others more often when things on here are getting depressing will cheer me up if I choose the right one. Roll on Tuesday and another three points or a draw and decent performance if not a win. COYR's!!!

Me to, smiled at the comment about 'they played as if it was an FA Cup game, we as if it were the League Cup'.

• Like 1

I did the same, blimey they are devoid of any  understanding of the game, they do understand the 'F' word though and it's not Forest. There team, club, manager, owners are all effing useless , and the club is stuffed. Very typical of them apparently, County are more grounded apparently.

I did the same, blimey they are devoid of any  understanding of the game, they do understand the 'F' word though and it's not Forest. There team, club, manager, owners are all effing useless , and the club is stuffed. Very typical of them apparently, County are more grounded apparently.

Problem is with clubs and fans like Forest because of their history they think they have a divine right to win every single game and be top of the league. When a "small" club like us completely out plays them their egos take a battering.

Three vital points for us: COYR!!! :)

Very good performance in the first half (Freeman,Wilbs & Fielding above all, IMO), whereas in the second one, Forest were the better side (I think Flint was our best player on the pitch).

On the basis of tonight's match, the two things that Cotts and the team should improve, IMO, are:

1) maintaining concentration (ex: wrong back-pass by Williams) and avoiding silly errors (ex: Ayling trying to dribble 2 players, instead of doing a simple pass);

2) the fitness level of some players (ex: Freeman, Bryan), and/or the time of some substitutions (ex: Wilbraham, when he's tired).

Un saluto dall'Italia e...sempre forza Robins! :city:

Good points. Even when winning the manager should obviously be looking at ways to improve. I remember the famous Ferguson rant a while back after Aberdeen had actually won the Cup.

Great first half, poor second to sum up. You pinpoint it exactly, mental and physical reasons. Physically it is a question of fitness, as you state, and the use of substitutes. Mentally, concentration yes...often goes when you're knackered, but also the worrying way we tend to not exercise control when ahead. To use Pack as an example, there were numerous times in the second half when Forest were building up a head of steam when he had the opportunity and plenty of time to bring the ball down and make a simple pass but instead chose to kick or head upfield as far as poss, give back possession and invite pressure.

Great win though.