IGNORED

The Official Reading v Bristol City Match Day Thread

1 minute ago, cynic said:

I think people are depending too much on this transfer window - if we get players in, will it be the same formation ? Or will we stick to what is a naive formation in this division ? Will we get players who can manage games effectively for 90+ minutes ? Will we get a striker worthy of the name ? Can we augment the midfield with someone who can execute an attacking pass ?

Its a lot to ask

Honestly?  

Back in the summer I felt we needed 3-4 players, both to cover our losses from the squad, and in order to actively strengthen.

Right now, it is clear we need around 5-6 to replace and bolster what is a weak and quality-thin squad.

Yes; it's a massive amount of players to integrate and invest in at this time of year, but what choice do we have?

The likes of Freeman, Pack, Ayling, Fielding, Burns, Williams and others are not going to improve with a new manage; they simply are not currently good enough for this level, certainly not to start (and unsually finish) every match.

We've got a week off (because away to WBA is a write-off; play the kids, rest the regulars), and in that time off we must move on new players - I realise it is a gamble, but that it all we have now; risk.  

I think that without that, we're down sooner than we got promoted.  With it we at least might stand a chance.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

A few weeks ago I'd have agreed.  But Cotts isn't going to change.  If he's not going to pick Reid and Burns when we've two games in 48 hours, not going to pick them for the next match after a 4-0 defeat and only going to bring one on 8 mins from time when we've not had a shot on target and one with 1 minute to go when we're a goal don. we have to accept he isn't going to pick them. 

There's no point in counting on suddenly Cotterill becoming a person he isn't.  The club have to decide whether we make to do with the manger he is or whether to change.  And they have to decide now whilst there's till time in the transfer window to make the change.  To my mind, there's ten days until our next league game and only one decision that can be made. 

2 talented, young and hungry subs who are ignored when we have no other options. Very cruel. 

If Cotterill refuses to change then he has to go. Credit to the players who ran themselves to a standstill but unfortunately lack that bit of quality at key times. Korey  Smith made a lung busting run and was unmarked and screaming for the ball and Kodja farted around until the cover got back.Tragic.Would have been a great goal. Something must change to give us a chance and it needs to be Cotterill.

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, cynic said:

Not one shot on goal, their keeper must have had his easiest game of the season.

8 offsides is pathetic.

For those things alone, we deserved to get beat.

Late goals at PNE and Leeds has saved this from being a disastrous day - we are now down to hoping other teams do us a favour.

At this time, relegation is written all over this team - just not good enough collectively.

It'll be the same team and formation next game though - and it'll cost SC his job if he keeps it up, and rightly so.

He should have been asked weeks ago.

We are stuck with him now though, who's going to want to come here, 3/4 weeks ago and we'd have managed to sway a couple of proven championship managers, unfortunately you'd have to be desperate to come to this shower of shite club.

Why hasn't SL learned from GJ departure, if this was part of SL business SC would have had his p45 in November, what's the difference, we are trying to succeed aren't we if SL ran his business like this then he'd be living in a cardboard box!

Say what you want I wont watch another game with SC as manager this season, it's like throwing money down a drain.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Offside said:

Absolutely sickening to concede so late on yet again. It's also concerning that it looks like we had zero shots on target again. 

The only positive is that we are not adrift - Preston did us a favour and thank goodness Leeds equalised as well.

'Preston did us a favour'... just listen to how that sounds... very sobering.

• Admin
22 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Everyone will scream, but Warnock on a 3 month contract with a big stay up bonus is as good as we are going to get right now.

I might scream if he had a 3 year contract, but one to the end of the season, with the sole intention of keeping us up, then no, I wouldn't scream, I'd agree with you. That gives months to find a permanent Manager for the summer (as permanent as football Managers are.....) with time for him to plan his signings and structure.

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, ten minutes of rough said:

I knew it, Andre Blackman.....at least we just lost 1 point in added time, Rotlost 2 but it's hard supporting this lot, a nd I feel sorry for the 3,000 that had to witness this garbage, we I am afraid are a sinking ship, unless SL steps in with his cheque book.

Gas won again, and as the saying goes if City can't win Saturday, perhaps the Rovers will. But NOT every Saturday.

Fed up, another weekend ruined, I hate Football!!!

Was in Nailsea this afternoon, popped into Christ Church yard to have a look at Adge's memorial stone... seemed very restful in the rain, but wouldnt have been surprised if Adge's ashes and a few of his neighbours have been turning inn their graves recently... COYR's sort it out ffs.. 

16 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Was in Nailsea this afternoon, popped into Christ Church yard to have a look at Adge's memorial stone... seemed very restful in the rain, but wouldnt have been surprised if Adge's ashes and a few of his neighbours have been turning inn their graves recently... COYR's sort it out ffs.. 

He would, we have no fight it seems, just going through the motions, one thing for sure loans are not the answer, no passion for the club, but that's what we are gonna get more loans, I really think we need to get a manager in that can bring some players that we know will be up for a fight , another blank up front too, looks like Cotts has lost the plot. I suppose though SL will be mulling over what to do with him right now, I reckon that might have been his last match.

1 hour ago, ten minutes of rough said:

I knew it, Andre Blackman.....at least we just lost 1 point in added time, Rotherham lost 2 but it's hard supporting this lot, and I feel sorry for the 3,000 that had to witness this garbage, we I am afraid are a sinking ship, unless SL steps in with his cheque book.

Gas won again, and as the saying goes if City can't win Saturday, perhaps the Rovers will. But NOT every Saturday.

Fed up, another weekend ruined, I hate Football!!!

Wrong Blackman. The Reading goalscorer was Nick - André was last heard of playing for Blackpool.