IGNORED

The Official Reading v Bristol City Match Day Thread

If the manager isn't willing to change things, make substitutions then imho his time is up.

His tactics and lack of any change is killing this team...both in results and I should imagine, confidence.

That's twice now at the end of games....the players will be shot both physically and mentally.

No excuses now...anyone that keeps trying and failing at the same thing, without trying something different is cutting off their nose to spite their face.

Stubborn, stupid or sending a message to SL...either way...all three are not the answer to getting results.

So Poor...not one shot on target and you bring Burns on in injury time....really?

• Like 9

Ok, late goal and all that, but sounded like we were always getting a '0'. How many times was Kodjia caught offside? What the heck can Burns do coming on at 92 mins? 

With the late Preston goal, as it turned out one point would have taken us up a place. Ten points behind Preston, no excuse for that.

3 minutes ago, spudski said:

If the manager isn't willing to change things, make substitutions then imho his time is up.

His tactics and lack of any change is killing this team...both in results and I should imagine, confidence.

That's twice now at the end of games....the players will be shot both physically and mentally.

No excuses now...anyone that keeps trying and failing at the same thing, without trying something different is cutting off their nose to spite their face.

Stubborn, stupid or sending a message to SL...either way...all three are not the answer to getting results.

So Poor...not one shot on target and you bring Burns on in injury time....really?

It's almost as if he wants to be sacked and pick up the cheque for the balance of his contract...

• Like 4

I'm done. I don't expect to stay up one bit anymore. It's not even that hard of a division. Outside the top 8, no one is consistent. We've caught some teams at bad times but we've also caught struggling teams and didn't do ourselves any favors. Reading lost 5 of their last 6 but we have been so poor everyone is thinking 3 points. It's so easy for them as well. How easy for managers preparing for us. It's a joke and I don't even want to go down anymore to watch. It is pointless. The scripts are written already. How many times have we given up these last minute goals? The entire club is out of their depth and SL can **** off next season with his new stadium because I won't be supporting a club that has no clue how to run itself.

I get called away for the final 4 minutes including injury time, and return to find we've conceded late once more, costing us anything from the game.

Worrying thing is; I wasn't really that shocked - similar happened against Charlton, and we seemed to be more in that game.

I didn't expect anything here, so not going to change my stance that we need to give SC significant support in the transfer market immediately, and not sack him, as I simply think we don't have the playing resources to compete (I'll be honest; I expected us to take a worse beating today).

But we cannot hesitate; forget value for money, forget buying for the future - we need players to come in and immediately improve this squad, and our position means the only way this happens is with serious investment.

We either do that now, or in May it looks very likely we'll have gone right back to square one, because anyone decent will be sold, and all we'll have is a decent stadium and League One football.

Edited by samo II
  • Like 1

WAIT. I have spotted a loophole! According to the fixture list on the main site this game doesn't exist, we are all clearly suffering from mass hysteria and imagining it. Having said that, it also says we are playing "Albion" next week, which seems to indicate we have fallen so far through the league structure we are now playing in Scotland!!

• Like 1

For those of us who have seen this sort of thing over many moons, can I suggest we wait and see what the next week or so brings to the party?  For those youngsters and newbies who've never encountered  'City Suffering' just give the Samaritans a bell.  

Lots and lots of hand wringing on here.  Is it really the end of the world????????  NO, it's all part of being a City fan.  Remember it's not a choice in most cases, it's a birth right. If you really think we're that carp, why not just f off to North Bristol and follow a tw4t side that's currently winning a few games if that's what you're after?  Jeeeez

1 minute ago, jackofromrugby said:

For those of us who have seen this sort of thing over many moons, can I suggest we wait and see what the next week or so brings to the party?  For those youngsters and newbies who've never encountered  'City Suffering' just give the Samaritans a bell.  

Lots and lots of hand wringing on here.  Is it really the end of the world????????  NO, it's all part of being a City fan.  Remember it's not a choice in most cases, it's a birth right. If you really think we're that carp, why not just f off to North Bristol and follow a tw4t side that's currently winning a few games if that's what you're after?  Jeeeez

What exactly do you expect the next week to bring?  You're not another one believing the transfer window is going to save the season are you?

And as for telling people to f off to the Gash.  Should people just take these farcical performances on the chin?

• Like 3

Up until now , I haven't been sure how I felt about Cott's. Stay/Go didn't lean either way. Sadly now, it's looking more and more like go !   No plan 'B' , stubbornness over formation/subs etc not to mention his admission that he can get no more out of them (as I've said before , resignation statement?). The position we're in, the need for new blood and it being the worst time to get players in I think we may as well give some time with any new blood, before pulling the trigger, but not too long. 

Drastic times call for drastic measures.

5 minutes ago, samo II said:

I get called away for the final 4 minutes including injury time, and return to find we've conceded late once more, costing us anything from the game.

Worrying thing is; I wasn't really that shocked - similar happened against Charlton, and we seemed to be more in that game.

I didn't expect anything here, so not going to change my stance that we need to give SC significant support in the transfer market immediately, and not sack him, as I simply think we don't have the playing resources to compete (I'll be honest; I expected us to take a worse beating today).

But we cannot hesitate; forget value for money, forget buying for the future - we need players to come in and immediately improve this squad, and our position means the only way this happens is with serious investment.

We either do that now, or in May it looks very likely we'll have gone right back to square one, because anyone decent will be sold, and all we'll have is a decent stadium and League One football.

The thing is I can forgive a poor performance and I can forgive players not being good enough.  What I can't forgive is playing the same system and same players week on week even though it's not working and then refusing to make substitutions even when you have players who are clearly fatigued (as last Saturday), losing (as on Monday), or had no shots on target (as today).  Or bringing players in on loan and refusing to play them.  Ultimately when things aren't working you have to try something different.  And, as you say, we desperately need players.  But didn't SL say quite recently SC hadn't even approached him to suggest potential targets?   If SC has got ideas for players we need that are likely to want to come here, are likely to make a difference and are going to enable us to vary the way we play a bit then fantastic.  But, at the moment, Cotterill seems bereft of ideas and the team seem bereft of fight. And much as we need players, I actually think the problem runs deeper than anything one or two singings are going to fix...

• Like 7
7 minutes ago, jackofromrugby said:

Oh, for a Bobby Kellard or/and a Les Wilson again now!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, LondonBristolian said:

The thing is I can forgive a poor performance and I can forgive players not being good enough.  What I can't forgive is playing the same system and same players week on week even though it's not working and then refusing to make substitutions even when you have players who are clearly fatigued (as last Saturday), losing (as on Monday), or had no shots on target (as today).  Or bringing players in on loan and refusing to play them.  Ultimately when things aren't working you have to try something different.  And, as you say, we desperately need players.  But didn't SL say quite recently SC hadn't even approached him to suggest potential targets?   If SC has got ideas for players we need that are likely to want to come here, are likely to make a difference and are going to enable us to vary the way we play a bit then fantastic.  But, at the moment, Cotterill seems bereft of ideas and the team seem bereft of fight. And much as we need players, I actually think the problem runs deeper than anything one or two singings are going to fix...

My bold. Whats the old saying....Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results?

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

I thought Kodjia was miles onside. We don't need a change, Cotts needs to change. Reid Burns need to be starting. Fingers crossed our new signings help us survive. 

A few weeks ago I'd have agreed.  But Cotts isn't going to change.  If he's not going to pick Reid and Burns when we've two games in 48 hours, not going to pick them for the next match after a 4-0 defeat and only going to bring one on 8 mins from time when we've not had a shot on target and one with 1 minute to go when we're a goal don. we have to accept he isn't going to pick them. 

There's no point in counting on suddenly Cotterill becoming a person he isn't.  The club have to decide whether we make to do with the manger he is or whether to change.  And they have to decide now whilst there's till time in the transfer window to make the change.  To my mind, there's ten days until our next league game and only one decision that can be made. 

• Like 1

I knew it, Andre Blackman.....at least we just lost 1 point in added time, Rotherham lost 2 but it's hard supporting this lot, and I feel sorry for the 3,000 that had to witness this garbage, we I am afraid are a sinking ship, unless SL steps in with his cheque book.

Gas won again, and as the saying goes if City can't win Saturday, perhaps the Rovers will. But NOT every Saturday.

Fed up, another weekend ruined, I hate Football!!!

9 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

I thought Kodjia was miles onside. We don't need a change, Cotts needs to change. Reid Burns need to be starting. Fingers crossed our new signings help us survive. 

This. I was watching his position. He was easily onside. Clearly this is our luck this season. 

Cotts stubbornness will get him the sack though.