IGNORED

would sl run h&l like this

castle red

3 minutes ago, castle red said:

Your telling me he has nothing to do with decision making at such a successful  business? All I'm saying it's a results business and costs is not getting them time for change,we need someone to take us to  the next level which is where costs can't take us....

I'm afraid to say he has no say in decision making of h & l.

http://www.hl.co.uk/about-us/board-of-directors

These are the current board of directors, no sign of Steve Lansdown.  He has a say as a share holder but to power to interfere with day to day running of the organisation.

back to your point of chucking money at it to get the man for the job I'd suggest having a read up on FFP.

20 minutes ago, EmersonsKev said:

I'm afraid to say he has no say in decision making of h & l.

http://www.hl.co.uk/about-us/board-of-directors

These are the current board of directors, no sign of Steve Lansdown.  He has a say as a share holder but to power to interfere with day to day running of the organisation.

back to your point of chucking money at it to get the man for the job I'd suggest having a read up on FFP.

Stop being petty. At one point SL played a significant part in the success of H&L and had a huge say in the decision making of the company. He set the company up in his bedroom for God's sake.So what if he's not involved today. The point the guy is making is a valid one. SL would not have stood for a manager at H&L performing like this. It comes accross as SL is however very naive when it comes to running a football club. Maybe it would make sense for SL to employ someone like Warnock not as a manager but to advise himself on footballing matters.

But who really was the brains behind Hargreaves Lansdown success?

The company name says it all.

And by the way Hargreaves Lansdown chief executive Ian Gorham raked in £10.6 million from the investment supermarket in its last financial year

Citywire

So someone in 2009 knew how to appoint a good CEO

In all seriousness I think castle red has a fair point and I've discreetly said the same thing for a few seasons now.

Mr Pelling was interviewed before the end of last season whilst sitting in the grandstand and I thought he gave a terrible display of timidity combined with complacency. He was eventually shown the door but the system which put him in place remains and the quality of management filling the gap between the first team coach and the club owner is, IMO, the weak link. Mr Lansdown may well have spent the latter part of his active career employing "safe hands" type of executives but that was when his firm were well established in the financial "top flight". When he was building his business and trying to get to the "top flight" he surely must have done it alongside more bold, adventurous and charismatic people not the quiet conservative types which seem to inhabit Ashton Gate these days. And without meaning to show disrespect to his son Jon I doubt very much that Stephen ever thought of employing family members unless they were an absolute perfect fit for the job which, lets face it, is highly unlikely.    

Happy New Year to you all. 

As I said the other day in another topic the staff at Bristol City from shop workers to management are incompetent. I can only assume they are happy for Bristol City to remain as they are and are scared of progress.

We need someone to come in and really shake this club up from top to bottom. There is a cancer within this club and it needs to be removed. It appears there are people within the club who have personal vendettas.

To be successful we need everyone on the Bristol City/Sport payroll to be pulling in the same direction but right now the only direction they are pulling in is towards failure. Mark Kelly seems to be the only decent employee right now. We need more people like him. 

This football club is not a football club. It's not a business its a institution.

Archived