IGNORED

The Best Album of the 70's is ....

KURTZ

23 hours ago, glynriley said:

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here

Queen - A Night At The Opera

Fleetwood Mac - Rumours

The Who - Whos Next

Fine selection there. I'm  amazed no one suggested these before you did; you're the 30th post on this thread.

Carole King and Neil Diamond suggests my wife. I'd throw in albums by Bowie, Slade and Black Sabbath. It all depends on your musical preference. Some people would plump for Simon & Garfunkel or even Nana Mouskouri!

54 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

Another winner:
Carole_King_-_Tapestry.jpg

Oh now THAT is a stunning album. When I grew up and discovered it's not actually all about punk, ska, indie and rave, Carole King became a constant on my playlist. One of the first on the team sheet and a regular starter ever since. Great voice, insanely talented songwriter.

A fine choice @One Team In Keynsham

20 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

Oh now THAT is a stunning album. When I grew up and discovered it's not actually all about punk, ska, indie and rave, Carole King became a constant on my playlist. One of the first on the team sheet and a regular starter ever since. Great voice, insanely talented songwriter.

Sounds like we are the same on this:  I discovered this album way after my indie years.  Cracking album, overflowing with classics.

Parallel Lines - Blondie.

Arrival - Abba.

A trick in the tale - Genesis.

Sladest - Slade.

Hunky Dory - Dave Bowie.

A new world record - ELO and

Out of the blue - ELO.

Sorry folks; my wife has now suggested The plan by the Osmonds. :facepalm:

On 11/03/2016 at 20:49, City Rocker said:

Indeed a great album. So is Blue by Joni Mitchell

Crikey! Soooooo many iconic albums from the 70s

Dark Side of the Moon - Pink Floyd

On the Border - Eagles

Grave new World - Strawbs

Walk on the Wild side - Lou Reed

Man who sold the World - David Bowie

I  could go on and on and on.......

Punk came late to Street, Somerset, :ph34r:but hearing Fresh Fruit For Rotting Vegetables by The Dead Kennedys changed the way I related to music fundamentally.

Nowadays I like all sorts of 70s stuff that my younger, more puritan self would have rejected outright including Neil Young; Fairport Convention and even some Pink Floyd albums.

My fave pre-punk 70s album currently is probably Can't Buy A Thrill by Steely Dan.

5 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Punk came late to Street, Somerset, :ph34r:but hearing Fresh Fruit For Rotting Vegetables by The Dead Kennedys changed the way I related to music fundamentally.

Nowadays I like all sorts of 70s stuff that my younger, more puritan self would have rejected outright including Neil Young; Fairport Convention and even some Pink Floyd albums.

My fave pre-punk 70s album currently is probably Can't Buy A Thrill by Steely Dan.

Dead Kennedys might have made it as far as Street, but clearly it never made it out to the sticks, knowing my wife and her sister grew up seemingly on a never ending diet of Abba.

Great shout of Fresh Fruit..

3 hours ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

Dead Kennedys might have made it as far as Street, but clearly it never made it out to the sticks, knowing my wife and her sister grew up seemingly on a never ending diet of Abba.

Great shout of Fresh Fruit..

I have my mate "Wig" to thank for it, OTIK.

Now a senior council officer in a West Country authority,  I wonder if he ever reflects on Let's Lynch The Landlord during planning meetings? !

On ‎15‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 15:45, Red-Robbo said:

Great shout Robbo.

Only surpassed by Aja, IMO (as above).

Archived