IGNORED

Anyway its about time...

WhistleHappy

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

He was Wolfie`s `father in law` in Citizen Smith too wasn`t he?

RIP, how many more this year? Surely 2017 can`t be as bad.......can it?

Yes, he was Wolfie's father in law as you say.

Just looked him up and am amazed to discover that there are only 3 episodes of Porridge in which genial Harry Grout appears. You need to be quite something to make that sort of impact out of so little....

20 hours ago, Calculus said:

Yes, he was Wolfie's father in law as you say.

Just looked him up and am amazed to discover that there are only 3 episodes of Porridge in which genial Harry Grout appears. You need to be quite something to make that sort of impact out of so little....

The 3 episode stat surprised me too.  I would have put him as a mainstay of the show. 

Brilliant character portrayal by a brilliant actor.

RIHMP. 

A.A. Gill ... (not a person I know much about, but a well known 'name' none the less) ...

A food/restaurant critic and journalist  -  big in the business but apparently a bit Marmite and not to everyone taste (pardon the pun) passed away suddenly Saturday morning after a brief battle with cancer... his final article will be published in the Sunday Times Magazine in the morning..

So another 'name' taken by 2016 ... R I P  A.A. Gill.

40 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

A.A. Gill ... (not a person I know much about, but a well known 'name' none the less) ...

A food/restaurant critic and journalist  -  big in the business but apparently a bit Marmite and not to everyone taste (pardon the pun) passed away suddenly Saturday morning after a brief battle with cancer... his final article will be published in the Sunday Times Magazine in the morning..

I saw an interview with him a couple of weeks ago where he said he had a `full English` of cancers and didn`t have a clue how long he had left. Not very seems to be the answer. As you say, not everyone`s cup of tea but I always found him witty if a bit cruel.

21 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

Have just read his article in the Sunday Times Magazine. Very moving and bang on the money, as usual. I've been reading his stuff for years - utterly brilliant, always thought provoking and very funny. Going to be missed by many, including me. RIP Adrian and thanks...

46 minutes ago, Calculus said:

Have just read his article in the Sunday Times Magazine. Very moving and bang on the money, as usual. I've been reading his stuff for years - utterly brilliant, always thought provoking and very funny. Going to be missed by many, including me. RIP Adrian and thanks...

I always used to enjoy his food and restaurant articles, but found his TV articles slightly boring - perhaps this was because the latter were somewhat esoteric and of limited interest to me as I don't watch much TV.

AA Gill, sometimes Adrian.

I saw a wonderful post in the comments page of a national newspaper from an American reader (I hope just a simple mistake, rather than a frivolous comment).

'Oh No, I see AA Gill has died. What a shame. I used to love his Winnie the Pooh stories when I was younger'.

Archived