IGNORED

Newcastle top tier ticket

collier

Morning all, just had a call from my dad regarding the upper tier tickets for season ticket holders. It seems that the club are refusing to allow existing season ticket holders the chance to move up to prime top tier seats. We tried without success when season tickets were released to get middle block seats but none were available (even though we had moved from middle block seats before the redevelopment). Today we were told that season ticket holders can only move to the upper tier in the same block as we are currently seated. We are in the far block near the south stand and will only be able to basically move straight up and not to the middle block. We have even offered to pay the difference for the seats to move to middle blocks but were told this is not allowed.

Poor show by the club to be fair. I am pretty sure jonny come lately will be able to purchase middle tier seats for their 1 game this season but loyal season ticket holders get the shaft.

Thoughts?

My thought is that the stand isn't fully open yet, once it is they will no doubt allow it as they already said they have, 

With the short timescale before the game and the state of the stand at present I'm not overly surprised, focus has to be on getting it opened, they can look after moving existing ticket holders into that stand once the things settle down.

2 minutes ago, collier said:

Morning all, just had a call from my dad regarding the upper tier tickets for season ticket holders. It seems that the club are refusing to allow existing season ticket holders the chance to move up to prime top tier seats. We tried without success when season tickets were released to get middle block seats but none were available (even though we had moved from middle block seats before the redevelopment). Today we were told that season ticket holders can only move to the upper tier in the same block as we are currently seated. We are in the far block near the south stand and will only be able to basically move straight up and not to the middle block. We have even offered to pay the difference for the seats to move to middle blocks but were told this is not allowed.

Poor show by the club to be fair. I am pretty sure jonny come lately will be able to purchase middle tier seats for their 1 game this season but loyal season ticket holders get the shaft.

Thoughts?

Those who paid their money up front for the season should get first choice of seats in the top tier if it's open.

I agree, very poor show from the club to apparently treat loyal supporters so badly.

Personally I don't get why people want to sit up there, you get a far better view and also sense of atmosphere lower down, perhaps it's just me though!

For instance, I sat in the upper tier at Wembley all those years ago for the Hull game, I hated it, it felt like I wasn't part of the crowd. 

20 minutes ago, collier said:

Thoughts?

Taking my dad to the Newcastle game due to work commitments he can barely make games anymore but the bloke in the ticket office checked and said it was ok to transfer my season card from dolman middle to upper middle west stand at no extra cost to me just £41 for my dad

27 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Personally I don't get why people want to sit up there, you get a far better view and also sense of atmosphere lower down, perhaps it's just me though!

For instance, I sat in the upper tier at Wembley all those years ago for the Hull game, I hated it, it felt like I wasn't part of the crowd. 

I tend to agree, although I suspect the sense of detachment wouldn't be the same at the top of the Lansdown Stand as it would be at Wembley.

If you are sat in wings of  new stand they will not let you have a ticket for centre of upper stand you can only change to upper wings of top tier we tried to get lower tier central tickets when we renewed but they were all sold out so through no fault of our own we had to sit in wings of lower butif I want to buy a ticket for cental upper stand that's fine 45 years of supporting club and want to swap season ticket to upper cental we are told you are not allowed that's loyalty from our club is,nt it

2 minutes ago, johnshez said:

If you are sat in wings of  new stand they will not let you have a ticket for centre of upper stand you can only change to upper wings of top tier we tried to get lower tier central tickets when we renewed but they were all sold out so through no fault of our own we had to sit in wings of lower butif I want to buy a ticket for cental upper stand that's fine 45 years of supporting club and want to swap season ticket to upper cental we are told you are not allowed that's loyalty from our club is,nt it

Then what if everybody in the central lower tier wants to relocate..?

Mate, it's one game, during a restricted capacity "test" opening period. 

Don't take it so personally! 

Its not likely to happen is it there all corporate it might be one game but I would be quite prepared to sit there every game if it was open my view is ok but as i

am season ticket holder don,t you think I deserve to sit in the best seat available rather than someone who will be there for one game?

1 hour ago, collier said:

Thoughts?

My thoughts are stop moaning !! We've got a new £47 million stadium which is clearly running behind schedule and all your worried about is changing your season ticket?? Wow . You've got a season ticket and I'm sure when all is complete you will be able to swap in good time. But just have some patience and don't be so selfish!! 

And as stated it says you are allowed to swap on official site.

1 hour ago, Portland Bill said:

Agreed I am in the middle of the lower Dolman looking at the new stand and for a person to lazy to deal with stairs and also needing the leg room you get in the lower section, I think it is the best seats in the house to admire the new stand and also the football at close proximity.

I have a desire to go up to the top tier of the new stand pre-game and see the view out of pure interest, but, not to sit there - don't like being that far from the action.  I like the ever-present danger of a skewed ball hitting me in the face which you won't get up there unless Flint tries a desperate last minute cross field pass !!

25 minutes ago, johnshez said:

Its not likely to happen is it there all corporate it might be one game but I would be quite prepared to sit there every game if it was open my view is ok but as i

am season ticket holder don,t you think I deserve to sit in the best seat available rather than someone who will be there for one game?

No not really. They aren't saying you can't ever change your seat. It's just not logistically possible for this game. 

17 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

No not really. They aren't saying you can't ever change your seat. It's just not logistically possible for this game. 

That's not what is happening though is it. We can change seats.......we are just locked out of the middle blocks but joe bloggs can happily purchase one for a one off game. I really couldn't have put it any clearer in the original post. Logistics don't come in to it, if we can move upwards, why can't we move up and a little to the left??

2 minutes ago, collier said:

That's not what is happening though is it. We can change seats.......we are just locked out of the middle blocks but joe bloggs can happily purchase one for a one off game. I really couldn't have put it any clearer in the original post. Logistics don't come in to it, if we can move upwards, why can't we move up and a little to the left??

I don't know. 

44 minutes ago, Spoons said:

My thoughts are stop moaning !! We've got a new £47 million stadium which is clearly running behind schedule and all your worried about is changing your season ticket?? Wow . You've got a season ticket and I'm sure when all is complete you will be able to swap in good time. But just have some patience and don't be so selfish!! 

And as stated it says you are allowed to swap on official site.

All im worried about?? No we were told that season ticket holders would get priority when the top tier opens, we would have happily purchased season tickets in the top tier if possible( it wasn't). Now we can't even move there for 1 off games. Perhaps you should read the original post again and come back when you fully understand what i wrote thanks!

1 minute ago, collier said:

All im worried about?? No we were told that season ticket holders would get priority when the top tier opens, we would have happily purchased season tickets in the top tier if possible( it wasn't). Now we can't even move there for 1 off games. Perhaps you should read the original post again and come back when you fully understand what i wrote thanks!

I fully understand what you wrote and fully understand you are moaning about nothing.

2 minutes ago, Spoons said:

I fully understand what you wrote and fully understand you are moaning about nothing.

That's fine, typical British mentality. No matter what, everything is fine. If you can't put up a reasonable hypothesis as to why moving up in a straight line is ok but moving up and to the left a little isn't? your right I am moaning about nothing.

So we agree you are moaning about nothing!! 

Think yourself lucky you have a ticket ! If you want to play swaps go play top trumps!! 

Lots of people trying and failing to buy tickets for this game and selfishly you are just worried why you can't move up and to the left a bit, well it's because it would make things complicated selling the tickets.

we were told at the start of season no season tickets in upper west stand do just put up with it and stop moaning !!

Just now, johnshez said:

what an idiot you are spoons we would,nt need to swap if they had sold season tickets in the first place if you think its ok that a season ticket holder cannot sit in the centre rows and its ok for part timers say no more

They didn't sell season tickets in upper west stand as they probably knew it was going to be tight to get it completed!! Stop moaning. Are the other 22,000 seats to choose from not enough???

1 minute ago, johnshez said:

yes they are but as we said all your prawn sandwich brigade got the best seats they were not available for LOYAL FANS

I'm not a fan of the prawn sandwich brigade but it's less than 2% of the capacity and we need them to make the £47 million spent on the ground viable . 

36 minutes ago, collier said:

Thanks for your well constructed and thought out response. In sure as long as you are happily sitting in the seat of your choice then all is well, **** everybody else then yes??

Yep, I'm sitting in my choice of seat as I bought a ST. Club asked for patience during this tme, too much to ask?

Archived