IGNORED

Newcastle top tier ticket

collier

19 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I don't want to be smug, but....I was on holiday in Majorca and from the comfort of my sun lounger I bought tickets for 4 people using a laptop and hotel wifi within seconds of them going on sale. The procedure for ticket sales has been the same for a long time - head to the Bristol Sport website and off you go. I had all the details for all people associated to my online account before I left. I knew full well tickets would be released while I was away so made sure I planned ahead. The time difference is your problem.

Take some responsibility and stop trying to blame the club.

Sorry to break this to you but that does sound smug.  I mean, how on earth did you manage to get a sun lounger ahead of the Germans in Majorca?  And, no, I'm not having "planning ahead"!

55 minutes ago, Chivs said:

Sorry to break this to you but that does sound smug.  I mean, how on earth did you manage to get a sun lounger ahead of the Germans in Majorca?  And, no, I'm not having "planning ahead"!

My kids are 5 and 2. They were in the pool before the Germans even had a chance to grab their towels!

A "lie in" means nothing to young children sadly.

9 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

My kids are 5 and 2. They were in the pool before the Germans even had a chance to grab their towels!

A "lie in" means nothing to young children sadly.

Don't worry CR. They do grow older but the early morning risers then change to late nights and being unable to crawl out of the pit before 11.00 am, they are often late for school and every other activity you would like them to be involved in. Enjoy your holiday.

21 hours ago, collier said:

Considering I was in the states without access to everybody's details and the chance of a long wait on hold, time difference and no access to the actual plan of the new stand at the time............unfortunately no.

Why didn't you get them before you went as you knew when the tickets were going on sale.  Or get one of your mates to bensure in charge of buying them.  It is not the club's fault if you are disorganised.

27 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Don't worry CR. They do grow older but the early morning risers then change to late nights and being unable to crawl out of the pit before 11.00 am, they are often late for school and every other activity you would like them to be involved in. Enjoy your holiday.

Oh how I wish my 14 next week foster son would reach that stage. Wide awake at 6:30 on the dot every day! :blink:

1 minute ago, Dollymarie said:

Oh how I wish my 14 next week foster son would reach that stage. Wide awake at 6:30 on the dot every day! :blink:

He will. As soon as he discovers the joys of booze and women. 

He's just a late starter..!

30 minutes ago, Red Necromancer said:

About 1500 sold so far I think.

IF that's correct then by my reckoning, we must be heading towards 23k..?

South stand = 6k

Dolman = 6.5k

West Lower (10%reduced capacity) = 5.4k

Atyeo Home = 1k

Atyeo Away = 2.5k 

So that's 21.4k plus whatever is sold in the West upper. 1.5k should see us heading towards our first non cup 23k crowd since when? Old 1st division days..?

51 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

South stand = 6k

Dolman = 6.5k

Atyeo Home = 1k

Atyeo Away = 2.5k 

So that's 21.4k plus whatever is sold in the West upper. 1.5k should see us heading towards our first non cup 23k crowd since when? Old 1st division days..?

Using these sums, which make sense, does that mean we've only sold 600 tickets in the upper tier (based on 22k total)?  Seems low.

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Using these sums, which make sense, does that mean we've only sold 600 tickets in the upper tier (based on 22k total)?  Seems low.

Not correct as club released initial 1,000 then topped that up twice with around 450 each time. Availability has gone down to double figures when they've suddenly released more and it's jumped to 500 ish. 

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

South stand = 6k

Dolman = 6.5k

Atyeo Home = 1k

Atyeo Away = 2.5k 

We had 23,191 v Rovers Jan 2 1989 (when Rovers actually brought a "few" to AG - because they were near top of div 3 and above us - which was not always the case back then { usually, in the 80s, The Few brought fewer than a "few" hence the nickname, courtesy of a popular City fanzine of the day}. Prob about 4k of them, really packed in that section of Park End, but only the one far section, not the middle one! ) for a league game.

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

There's going to be over 20,000 City fans inside Ashton Gate on Saturday :clapping:

This is a good point. Unlike clubs like Preston, Barnsley, Blackburn, Wigan, Reading and Fulham we don't need to make room for four, five even six thousand visiting fans to get a big crowd. Those that are hankering after giving Newcastle and Villa all of the Atyeo, let's wait and see if we cannot fill 24 000 seats ourselves for the big games (like Norwich, Wolves, Brighton and clubs of this stature do) when the ground is fully open. That's how to create "home advantage" and make AG a "fortress" like LJ has said he wants it to be.

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I guess it would mean that, although if the previous poster is right in saying that 1,500 have been sold, then hence the near 23k already sold. 

11 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

This is a good point. Unlike clubs like Preston, Barnsley, Blackburn, Wigan, Reading and Fulham we don't need to make room for four, five even six thousand visiting fans to get a big crowd. Those that are hankering after giving Newcastle and Villa all of the Atyeo, let's wait and see if we cannot fill 24 000 seats ourselves for the big games (like Norwich, Wolves, Brighton and clubs of this stature do) when the ground is fully open. That's how to create "home advantage" and make AG a "fortress" like LJ has said he wants it to be.

Hopefully these will all be city fans that have bought these extra tickets and we dont have a repeat of what happened in the Dolman a couple of seasons ago.

57 minutes ago, Turbored said:

Hopefully these will all be city fans that have bought these extra tickets and we dont have a repeat of what happened in the Dolman a couple of seasons ago.

It's a long way to fall, from the upper west stand! 

Archived