IGNORED

Newcastle top tier ticket

collier

16 minutes ago, Turbored said:

You would like to think so but with all the tales of woe i read on here about ticketing nothing would surprise me.

Preventing potential new supporters from buying tickets for one of our highest profile fixtures is no way to grow the fan base. So I wouldn't like to think so at all.

Just now, ChippenhamRed said:

Preventing potential new supporters from buying tickets for one of our highest profile fixtures is no way to grow the fan base. So I wouldn't like to think so at all.

I do get what you are saying and I agree to an extent, although away fans (the wrong ones, at least) in the home end is likely to cause trouble that would be far more off putting to other new fans. 

6 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I do get what you are saying and I agree to an extent, although away fans (the wrong ones, at least) in the home end is likely to cause trouble that would be far more off putting to other new fans. 

Newcastle probably have the presence of mind to sit on their hands, or at least provide some amusement by shouting Whay Aye Man when they score, unlike their knuckle-dragging cousins from down the M1.

16 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I don't think that's likely. Away fans in home areas happens all the time and incidents are rare.

There has been no indication a purchasing history is required anyway. For the Leeds fixture it was made abundantly clear.

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I don't think that's likely. Away fans in home areas happens all the time and incidents are rare.

There has been no indication a purchasing history is required anyway. For the Leeds fixture it was made abundantly clear.

True. 

1 hour ago, Robin1988 said:

Newcastle probably have the presence of mind to sit on their hands, or at least provide some amusement by shouting Whay Aye Man when they score, unlike their knuckle-dragging cousins from down the M1.

Without wishing to be Mr doom and gloom I think the possibility of some problems are quite high.

Newcastles away support in recent years has been superb, they travel in huge numbers  and I would be amazed if there weren't any away fans in the Upper tier given the tickets have been on open sale.

We saw with the Leeds incident a while back what can happen, I really really hope all goes well. 

2 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

Without wishing to be Mr doom and gloom I think the possibility of some problems are quite high.

Newcastles away support in recent years has been superb, they travel in huge numbers  and I would be amazed if there weren't any away fans in the Upper tier given the tickets have been on open sale.

We saw with the Leeds incident a while back what can happen, I really really hope all goes well. 

I'd be very surprised if they weren't there. The difference being, Geordies aren't knobheads.

2 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

I think the chance of Newcastle fans in the top tier is very high. But I think the likelihood of trouble is very low. Premier League away allocations sell out all the time, so this situation will have occurred numerous times in that division - yet how often is there trouble? Hardly ever.

I would also suggest that most of our own support in the top tier will not be the more "hardcore" type likely to react.

37 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I think the chance of Newcastle fans in the top tier is very high. But I think the likelihood of trouble is very low. Premier League away allocations sell out all the time, so this situation will have occurred numerous times in that division - yet how often is there trouble? Hardly ever.

I would also suggest that most of our own support in the top tier will not be the more "hardcore" type likely to react.

There is little trouble at Prem games because the vast majority of tickets are pre sold as STs, with perhaps just a handful of away fans able to get tickets in the home  areas, and I would suggest more than 2,500 tickets available for way fans.

It would seem that the opportunity to buy in the top tier is far greater.

I actually think that our 'hardcore' as you put it will be very much attracted to this kind of game, I have seen requests for tickets being posted on social media for instance, perhaps from fans who aren't allowed to buy themselves?

Was the reaction to the Leeds fan or the Wigsn fan from 'hardcore' fans? I'm just asking, because the last thing this club needs is any problems in a fantastic remodelled stadium.

To return to an old topic, if the Atyeo had been made away fans only where specific demand dictated, such as this game, then the possibility  of any potential problems would have been further reduced.

10 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

There is little trouble at Prem games because the vast majority of tickets are pre sold as STs, with perhaps just a handful of away fans able to get tickets in the home  areas, and I would suggest more than 2,500 tickets available for way fans.

I actually think that our 'hardcore' as you put it will be very much attracted to this kind of game, I have seen requests for tickets being posted on social media for instance, perhaps from fans who aren't allowed to buy themselves?

Was the reaction to the Leeds fan or the Wigsn fan from 'hardcore' fans? I'm just asking, because the last thing this club needs is any problems in a fantastic remodelled stadium.

To return to an old topic, if the Atyeo had been made away fans only where specific demand dictated, such as this game, then the possibility  of any potential problems would have been further reduced.

Agree with that. Feel like the club has created logistical issues for themselves by going back on their word to relocate current Atyeo fans to the old EE or South Stand. If they'd done that, we could have more away fans, more revenue, less logistical issues and a better atmosphere with those supporters acting as a catalyst for the rest of the ground in a place where their noise would actually travel.

39 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

I agree about the Atyeo.

Away attendances in the PL are not much different; 10% of ground capacity or 3,000; whichever is lower. So in many cases roughly the same (and not as far to travel as Newcastle to Bristol either).

Don't really know what you're getting at with the hardcore thing.

There's a few on here overestimating Newcastle's away support. Is it good?  Yes.  As good as Leeds?  Maybe. But they wouldn't be bringing the amount Leeds do and will if they'd been outside the prem for so long. Newcastle: hugely overrated thanks to Sky.  Don't expect to see many of them in the upper tier or anywhere else for that matter.  

Archived