IGNORED

Team for Friday / Hope Wilbs starts (Merged)

Never to the dark side

One up front Friday for me, we all know Warnock will try and batter us with balls into the box etc. 

I would be more than happy for us to sit in,soak it up and play on the counter attack. We have good runners in our side who can get forward and support the loan striker. 

Cardiff players will be right up for this, Warnock will make sure of that. We are more than capable of out footballing there brawn though, bring it on.

10 hours ago, 054123 said:

Can Wilbraham last 90 mins at the intensity we need?

I think people are suggesting that Wilbs goes off when Tammy comes on (assuming Wilbs starts) unless we're losing by a couple of goals then we'll probably have both. Wilbs is usually OK for 90 minutes if he hasn't played for a while, under Cotts he was played too much and it showed.

I half agree with this except I won't start Tammy at all.  I've been really impressed with Wilbs every time he has come on.  He seems fitter and quicker (but I can't believe he's got more pace at age 47).

Warnock will do his usual strong-arm stuff and, as others have said, Wilbs can deal with this at both ends of the field.

I'd also rather we think long term.  Come December we will need Tammy firing on all cylinders.  Having a short break now will make all the difference.

Unless he was injured I would be stunned if Tammy started on the bench, he is the top scorer in the league, why would any team not start their top scorer unless he had an injury or was poorly?

We need to go there on Friday and play our football and not be influenced by the fact that the opposition have changed manager, ultimately that is why this thread exists, nobody would be suggesting Tammy shouldn't start if Warnock had not taken over at Cardiff.

We all know how the game will probably be played, but so what? that said, he has only had a short time to get his 'methods' across. LJ needs to pick his team to win the game and that surely will include the top scorer in the division.

I think nttds has a point. Warmock will have his players fired up and they will be physical wilbs could help take the bartering from the Cardiff players as sure they will target Tammy for some tough stuff if wilbs plays up front Tammy could not have so much physical 1-1 stuff.

i do hope we go two up front and really give them something to think about

5 minutes ago, bcfctim said:

Tammy's shown he can cope with the physical side of the Championship. Play our best team, don't let ourselves be dictated to by what we think Warnock's going to do (which I think is a tad overstated, he's become a bit of a bogeyman on here)

That's not how you spell "****"

It seems a while but back to league action tomorrow. Certainly going to be a different game to what must were probably expecting a week ago. Going to be a tough , physical game but hopefully we can get a win and go up to second for a few hours. 

My team would be:

Fielding

Little (if fit)

Magnusson

Flint

Goldbourne

Bryan

O'Neil

Pack

Patterson

Tomlin

Abraham

Tough on Reid but think will be a real battle in the middlefield and think we need to win that early and then impose ourselves on Cardiff.

Still think will come away with a victory, as may be too soon for Colin to have too much of an impact. First 20 minutes fear will be under constant pressure, important we stay strong during that period. 3-1 city but probably another game we win from doing a goal behind 

I think unless we have an injury crisis we need to keep Bryan at left back as he has spent his career going from left back to left wing and it won't help him progress. That said I think I'd start Golbourne so

Fielding

Little Flint Magners Golbourne

O'Neil Pack

Patterson Tomlin Freeman

Tammy

Subs: ROD Bryan Moore Brownhill Reid O'Dowda Wilbs

I'd be tempted to start ROD tomorrow, simply because I think he's better suited to deal with an aerial bombardment than Frankie, who has been excellent since returning. 

It's always a big call to change your keeper though, so I doubt it will happen. 

Archived