IGNORED

The Official Cardiff City v Bristol City Match Day Thread

4 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Good Morning Everyone,

So here it is. A much hyped and perhaps, for some, much anticipated match between River Severn rivals. For me, its just another match. Transmitted live around the globe at the ungodly hour of 0245 in the morning Manila time, oh how I wish I was in Havana right now. Oh well, cannot win them all. I suspect I might have a very early night and set the alarm and then scrabble around for a live thread that probably pops in and out of transmission, buffers to bu--ery and then, just before our goal, shuts down completely leaving me to reflect on what might have happened and crawl back to bed only to get up later on Saturday to find Colin gloating over a dodgy penalty equaliser when we dominated proceedings.

On the other hand..

Enough has been written about Cardiff here below...

And here..

..For me not to need to add anything further. I was trying to research how many goals Gerry Gow scored against Cardiff in the old Second Division days before we left them behind in 1976. I found a few matches and we nearly always came out on top in those halcyon days.

I suppose Gerry could have been involved in any of these:-

26 Apr 1972 Cardiff City v Bristol City W 2-3 League Division Two
23 Sep 1972 Cardiff City v Bristol City W 1-3 League Division Two
26 Dec 1972 Bristol City v Cardiff City W 1-0 League Division Two
15 Dec 1973 Cardiff City v Bristol City W 0-1 League Division Two
02 Feb 1974 Bristol City v Cardiff City W 3-2 League Division Two
19 Aug 1974 Bristol City v Cardiff City W 2-1 League Cup
14 Sep 1974 Cardiff City v Bristol City W 0-1 League Division Two
26 Dec 1974 Bristol City v Cardiff City D 0-0 League Division Two

Not a bad record during his era with City, putting it mildly, and what better way to give Gerry a send off than to win handsomely this evening.

We salute Gerry Gow and we salute all of that 1976 promotion winning team and we will salute the City players this evening for putting Colin in his place and even if I, for one, have respect for his managerial record, tonight is not the time to be nice. 

1-2 last minute winner by you know who.

Safe and enjoyable travels to all City fans. Keep out of trouble and enjoy the spectacle and roar the City on to a memorable win in front of the cameras.

UTC.

Surprisingly even game-..1-1

5 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Good Morning Everyone,

So here it is. A much hyped and perhaps, for some, much anticipated match between River Severn rivals. For me, its just another match. Transmitted live around the globe at the ungodly hour of 0245 in the morning Manila time, oh how I wish I was in Havana right now. Oh well, cannot win them all. I suspect I might have a very early night and set the alarm and then scrabble around for a live thread that probably pops in and out of transmission, buffers to bu--ery and then, just before our goal, shuts down completely leaving me to reflect on what might have happened and crawl back to bed only to get up later on Saturday to find Colin gloating over a dodgy penalty equaliser when we dominated proceedings.

On the other hand..

Enough has been written about Cardiff here below...

And here..

..For me not to need to add anything further. I was trying to research how many goals Gerry Gow scored against Cardiff in the old Second Division days before we left them behind in 1976. I found a few matches and we nearly always came out on top in those halcyon days.

I suppose Gerry could have been involved in any of these:-

26 Apr 1972 Cardiff City v Bristol City W 2-3 League Division Two
23 Sep 1972 Cardiff City v Bristol City W 1-3 League Division Two
26 Dec 1972 Bristol City v Cardiff City W 1-0 League Division Two
15 Dec 1973 Cardiff City v Bristol City W 0-1 League Division Two
02 Feb 1974 Bristol City v Cardiff City W 3-2 League Division Two
19 Aug 1974 Bristol City v Cardiff City W 2-1 League Cup
14 Sep 1974 Cardiff City v Bristol City W 0-1 League Division Two
26 Dec 1974 Bristol City v Cardiff City D 0-0 League Division Two

Not a bad record during his era with City, putting it mildly, and what better way to give Gerry a send off than to win handsomely this evening.

We salute Gerry Gow and we salute all of that 1976 promotion winning team and we will salute the City players this evening for putting Colin in his place and even if I, for one, have respect for his managerial record, tonight is not the time to be nice. 

1-2 last minute winner by you know who.

Safe and enjoyable travels to all City fans. Keep out of trouble and enjoy the spectacle and roar the City on to a memorable win in front of the cameras.

UTC.

Havana try this one, I was watching the Tennis on it earlier and it was good.  http://mamahd.com/sky-sports-1-live-free-stream-1     COYR's

My I have absolutely no idea about tonight. A lot of my positivity has been eroded by the appointment of that angry fellow with the crooked nose. Hopefully he hasn't t had sufficient time to organise., but I imagine much of what he is about is purely motivational,  for which he will require little time. 

draw probably.  

43 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Havana try this one, I was watching the Tennis on it earlier and it was good.  http://mamahd.com/sky-sports-1-live-free-stream-1     COYR's

Thanks for that Tallinn.. the clarity, so far, is superb. Brilliant. Good man.

What channel is the match on btw? Sky Sports 1 ? Got it... yup. :)

Edited by havanatopia