IGNORED

The Official Birmingham City v Bristol City Match Day Thread

2 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Dominated second half but no composure.

Lucky win for Brum, not a good team to watch.

Just listening to the BBC, just one of those days for Bristol City just couldn't get the goals they deserved, but hey it's all panic here, because we have fallen to 10th, 3 points off the play offs, shocking......

• Like 7

We've gotten really poor at set pieces. Can't defend them and can't take them. It's killing our chances at mid table let alone a top 8 finish. All this talk about a percent here and half a percent there but we can't get a big piece of the game like set pieces right. 

Now our lack of striking options is biting us as well. Need a goal and Wilbraham comes on again. He's not the answer to any question involving needing a goal. Yea he's got a few but let's not pretend that makes him a good option when you need a goal. 

I'm all for the future of the club but something needs to change for the now. Next weekend won't be easy to pick up a point let alone 3. A loss next week and a few other results against us and we're only 5 above the relegation spots. It's not a foregone conclusion we stay up. Yes today we played a tough team but we had them and couldn't put it away and got punished. Need to sort this out quick. 1 win in 7 against beatable teams is not good enough for a team that spent 10-11m on playing staff in a summer. Yea we need more to be contenders but that's enough to be beating teams like Birmingham, Cardiff and QPR. It's not good enough at the moment. 

4 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

If we're "shit" what does that make the 14 teams below us? We're a mid table side in mid table. Peaks and troughs inevitable over a 46 game season, and we're currently in a fairly minor trough.

Think I'll be giving OTIB a miss for the rest of the evening, the inevitable overreactions and complete absence of perspective are going to drive me nuts.

and miss all the fun? OTIB at its best.

4 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

We've gotten really poor at set pieces. Can't defend them and can't take them. It's killing our chances at mid table let alone a top 8 finish. All this talk about a percent here and half a percent there but we can't get a big piece of the game like set pieces right. 

Now our lack of striking options is biting us as well. Need a goal and Wilbraham comes on again. He's not the answer to any question involving needing a goal. Yea he's got a few but let's not pretend that makes him a good option when you need a goal. 

I'm all for the future of the club but something needs to change for the now. Next weekend won't be easy to pick up a point let alone 3. A loss next week and a few other results against us and we're only 5 above the relegation spots. It's not a foregone conclusion we stay up. Yes today we played a tough team but we had them and couldn't put it away and got punished. Need to sort this out quick. 1 win in 7 against beatable teams is not good enough for a team that spent 10-11m on playing staff in a summer. Yea we need more to be contenders but that's enough to be beating teams like Birmingham, Cardiff and QPR. It's not good enough at the moment. 

Not good when we need a goal? Like when he came on to win us the game against Blackburn, and equaliser against Fulham? Or when he bossed Burtons defence to help Tammy score the winner?

4 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Time for Steve Lansdown to get his wallet out for quality. Fans have showed they are ready to fill AG. What about Bristol Sports?

Mate , you said this 30 minutes ago and then liked my reply when I said we have had 1 window. We signed 13 players in that window, I don't believe there is any issue with us making signings in the next 2 windows, but we have to wait like everyone else.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Not good when we need a goal? Like when he came on to win us the game against Blackburn, and equaliser against Fulham? Or when he bossed Burtons defence to help Tammy score the winner?

You mean the lucky deflection against Blackburn? Or when Kodjia done all the work to get it to Tammy at Burton? He's a striker I expect him to score here and there but he's 37 years old and not known to be a goal scorer. It's not the solution when we need a goal every game. Today chances were being made and we didn't need Aaron on the pitch. Love the guy and in certain situations has his uses but he doesn't fill me with confidence that he'll make something happen. I'm all for being positive and supporting the lads but there are a number of better strikers on benches in this league that being more than Aaron. The sooner we upgrade, the better off we'll be. 

13 minutes ago, Full nelson said:

People need to wake up!! we're shit and haven't played well for ages.

Played very well second half-by far the better side.. two top class saves kept them in it,their keeper mom so says a lot.

Dead ball delivery dire,short of options up front-created quite a number of chances,so many that you just have to take one at this level..or. .......

Worked hard,good energy,we will play worse and win.

January window will be interesting.