IGNORED

The Official Birmingham City v Bristol City Match Day Thread

3 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Meanwhile, its back to Shanghai for the new owners of West Brom. Guochuan Lai's Yunyi Guokai (Shanghai) Sports Development company bought the Baggies in September claiming to have been a supporter since 1978. Somewhat of an odd statement considering he would have been just two years old at the time. That might have been around the time City went up to the Hawthorns and won with a single goal from Gerry Sweeney. As I recall my Dad and eldest brother went for that match and promptly broke down a few short miles from the ground courtesy of the 'big end' going according to a later mechanic report in the Morris 1800. 

That West Brom game was March '76 havana, on our way to the top flight.

Like the Alamo in the 2nd half, but the non stop support was fantastic and must have been a big factor in City holding on to take the points.

:chant6ez:BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL:chant6ez:

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

That West Brom game was March '76 havana, on our way to the top flight.

Like the Alamo in the 2nd half, but the non stop support was fantastic and must have been a big factor in City holding on to take the points.

:chant6ez:BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL:chant6ez:

Cashley in goal was awesome that night. WB left winger Willie Johnson ? laid on chance after chance but we held on.

• Like 1

It'll bite me on the ass later if we play well but I'm not really in love with the starting XI. We are playing 3 defensive midfielders together. That's basically a back 5 with wingbacks. Super defensive again. Hope I'm wrong but the starting XI recently have left me wanting more and the results haven't been great since it's changed(since Cardiff). 

2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

It'll bite me on the ass later if we play well but I'm not really in love with the starting XI. We are playing 3 defensive midfielders together. That's basically a back 5 with wingbacks. Super defensive again. Hope I'm wrong but the starting XI recently have left me wanting more and the results haven't been great since it's changed(since Cardiff). 

I've seen the changes. It's much better with Reid in there. This mean Bobby forward and Tomlin on the left in a 4-3-3? I don't mind that one bit if it is. If it's a diamond midfield I'm less in love with it especially as Little needs a bit of protection with him. 

4 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Reid's playing not Smith.

12 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I wouldn't class Reid as defensive personally. 

Edit - just seen that you might have thought Korey was playing! 

Edited by brizzlelou
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Crying out for a good right back and right winger.  Paterson flattered to deceive so far.  Freeman not good enough.  O'Dowda too raw.  

Like the rest of the team though and prefer Tomlin wide 

I wouldn't say I prefer Tomlin wide, but I can see the logic. He's been dropping far too deep as a no. (often through frustration - similar to Rooney) 10 thereby leaving no link to Tammy. Hopefully Reid is that link today. The link to Tammy or whoever up top is very, very key.

• Like 1