IGNORED

The Official Wolverhampton Wanderers v Bristol City Match Day Thread

13 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Bets me why we don't  play Freeman Left midfield, Reid right midfield and Tomlin down the centre. Perhaps it's too obvious to have the left footer on the left and the righ footer on the right to fit into LJs scientific views.

Freeman and Matthews seem to work well together with Matthews overlapping well. At least the impression I got from Brentford, they were our main creative outlet.

• Like 2

I am still at this stage on the glass half full side, but I really have to say so far I am very disappointed with some of the summer signings, a lot of money invested and little or no return, let's hope January will be better, I don't think it will personally the excuses have already been put into place ready for disappointment.

And sorry for the negativity but I expect nothing today, that way I will not be disappointed.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, hodge said:

Freeman and Matthews seem to work well together with Matthews overlapping well. At least the impression I got from Brentford, they were our main creative outlet.

Agree with that but it's the other side that's the worry. If we're playing Tomlin on the left we'd be better with a good defensive left back (Golbourne) imo. Also, will be interesting to how Brownhill goes today - very much an unknown quantity. It might well work, who knows? Here's hoping....

Joe at left back really is getting me down. The only upside is when we are chasing the almost inevitable goal we do have a winger on the pitch. Grrrrrr

i don't see the midfield be anything other than Freeman and Brownhill wide Pack and Reid in the middle with Tomlin behind Abraham. (Maybe Reid behind Abraham depending on whether LJ has learned anything)

God we need a ball winning enforcer in the midfield!

6 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Joe at left back really is getting me down. The only upside is when we are chasing the almost inevitable goal we do have a winger on the pitch. Grrrrrr

i don't see the midfield be anything other than Freeman and Brownhill wide Pack and Reid in the middle with Tomlin behind Abraham. (Maybe Reid behind Abraham depending on whether LJ has learned anything)

God we need a ball winning enforcer in the midfield!

:thumbsup:

17 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I am still at this stage on the glass half full side, but I really have to say so far I am very disappointed with some of the summer signings, a lot of money invested and little or no return, let's hope January will be better, I don't think it will personally the excuses have already been put into place ready for disappointment.

And sorry for the negativity but I expect nothing today, that way I will not be disappointed.

With current hindsight not appearing as rosy a summer window as many of us felt at the time- losing jk late was at best always the fly in our ointment,and now confirming to be as big a problem as some feared,wheels not off but certainly wobbling.

Not too happy with the pre Jan window psychobabble from LJ-certainly not of design to calm a nervous disposition.