IGNORED

Warnock

Coombsy

NEIL WARNOCK

ON TOMORROW GAME

“It’s a lovely ground now that generates a lovely atmosphere. I’ve had some derbies over my career and they’re always a bit special, there’s no point saying it’s another game because it’s not, it’s a derby.
“We know what’s at stake and on top of that we’re on the same points.
“They’ve got three decent signings in which we’ve not been able to do.”
Neil Warnock

Just now, shelts said:

Our Colin is a winner. Take a look at his cv. He would love our job. He doesn't wind me up. As always I'll give him a warm reception. 

A warm reception will wind him up. I hate the bloke, but I'll miss him from the game eventually  

He is everything bad about sportsmanship, but every story needs a villain.

I don't think he's playing a villain, I think he is that. But in his credit he's taken the part, he's forged a career, he's forged a persona and he's forged a profile.

He's played the part exceptionally well and he's not pulling the wool over many eyes; he's  double bluffing with the 'I'm-bad-but-deep-down-I'm-not' projections. Wrong. He's rotten and he's win by any dirty means, cheat if necessary.

But when he hangs up his clipboard I'll miss him. 

11 minutes ago, Between heaven and hell said:

Anyone that dislikes Warnock should have watched his interview on The Sub's bench this evening.

Great interview with a proper old fashioned manager.

The only positive thing I can say about the man, having watched the interview is that at least he consistently remembers to call us Bristol City. ;) 

He was also spot on with his comments about referees. And that's as much as you're getting out of me

14 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

The only positive thing I can say about the man, having watched the interview is that at least he consistently remembers to call us Bristol City. ;) 

He was also spot on with his comments about referees. And that's as much as you're getting out of me

What about his opinion about modern day football , players and the premier league.

I think he speaks a lot of sense personally, I for one think the premier league is grotesque and the interaction between players and supports is virtually non exsistant.

28 minutes ago, Between heaven and hell said:

Anyone that dislikes Warnock should have watched his interview on The Sub's bench this evening.

Great interview with a proper old fashioned manager.

I missed the Colin interview but I did see this in the background when Mehew was getting interviewed after the Mangotsfield/Hereford game

20170113_195152.jpg

• Admin
2 hours ago, 29AR said:

A warm reception will wind him up. I hate the bloke, but I'll miss him from the game eventually  

He is everything bad about sportsmanship, but every story needs a villain.

I don't think he's playing a villain, I think he is that. But in his credit he's taken the part, he's forged a career, he's forged a persona and he's forged a profile.

He's played the part exceptionally well and he's not pulling the wool over many eyes; he's  double bluffing with the 'I'm-bad-but-deep-down-I'm-not' projections. Wrong. He's rotten and he's win by any dirty means, cheat if necessary.

But when he hangs up his clipboard I'll miss him. 

I heard a long interview with him a few years back - when he retired, he was at home in Cornwall with his family and animals and came across as a thoroughly decent bloke.  The sort of bloke you'd sit in the local pub and have a beer or two with, talking about various things and the night would fly by.   

The football stuff is all panto, as has been said, he deflects things from his players, from himself, from the club he manages, he is fantastic at mind games - Fergy was a master, Mouriniho can do it, it's a management tool that works.

I'd happily join in the banter and barracking at the game, but can leave it all behind and see the man for what he is, an intelligent football man, who, from the impression I got and believe to be true, is nothing like the character he has created on the touch line and in press conferences.

9 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

I heard a long interview with him a few years back - when he retired, he was at home in Cornwall with his family and animals and came across as a thoroughly decent bloke.  The sort of bloke you'd sit in the local pub and have a beer or two with, talking about various things and the night would fly by.   

The football stuff is all panto, as has been said, he deflects things from his players, from himself, from the club he manages, he is fantastic at mind games - Fergy was a master, Mouriniho can do it, it's a management tool that works.

I'd happily join in the banter and barracking at the game, but can leave it all behind and see the man for what he is, an intelligent football man, who, from the impression I got and believe to be true, is nothing like the character he has created on the touch line and in press conferences.

See I don't believe it. A man with morals, with a love for the game, with respect for oppositions, with respect for competition could not send out so many teams to play in such a consistent, down right cheating, manner. 

Im not saying I don't admire him, or believe down the pub he could be a good bloke, but he comes across for 90 mins as if he'd stab his own mother in the back for a win. Whilst determination to succeed is a virtue- perhaps we've needed more of that at times - there's winning and taking pride in yourself and there's winning by Greg Halford methods last year and there's no honour in the latter. 

My opinion is Warnock, as a football man, is totally void of any honour. Honour means less to him than victory and he'd stand on anyone's back. Appreciable, but detestable. Take competition away from him he might be a thoroughly nice bloke. 

Like I said I'll miss him. But I ain't buying any of it; when Saturday afternoon rolls around the bloke is a see you next.  

And to add some balance, I have wanted him to manage here before. January 2016 I'd have sold honour for him to keep us up. We didn't need to. Post SOD too i would have had him in a heartbeat. 

5 minutes ago, Pezo said:

For those that say they don't like him please never complain that there are no characters in football anymore.

Can't you have it both ways? 

Archived