IGNORED

Warnock

Coombsy

I'm honestly amazed that after all these years people get taken in by the pantomime villain stuff. It's absolutely obvious he's got lots of respect for our club and would probably like to manage here.

He enjoys the reaction he gets because it's a motivational tool for his players and deflects attention from them. 

Despite all this we've still got fans who genuinely really dislike him when his personality is blatantly all for show. Amazed people can't see this.

3 hours ago, 29AR said:

A warm reception will wind him up. I hate the bloke, but I'll miss him from the game eventually  

He is everything bad about sportsmanship, but every story needs a villain.

I don't think he's playing a villain, I think he is that. But in his credit he's taken the part, he's forged a career, he's forged a persona and he's forged a profile.

He's played the part exceptionally well and he's not pulling the wool over many eyes; he's  double bluffing with the 'I'm-bad-but-deep-down-I'm-not' projections. Wrong. He's rotten and he's win by any dirty means, cheat if necessary.

But when he hangs up his clipboard I'll miss him. 

All an act. Does a lot for charity . Nice guy . 

4 hours ago, Between heaven and hell said:

Anyone that dislikes Warnock should have watched his interview on The Sub's bench this evening.

Great interview with a proper old fashioned manager.

Thanks for the heads up, I've just watched the interview. Brilliant interview, a good decent bloke. He's a winner who wears his heart on his sleeve for 90 minutes each week.

One thing for certain, he has a lot of time for us fans, and our club.

As a football manager he's a total bell end.

I've seen most of his short term anti football antics down the years and let's be honest just like his string vest we can all clearly see through it.

Away from football nice bloke or not in his nylon cardi and tartan carpet slippers its not what he'll be judged by.

Ask yourself this, football played in the right way is a sight to behold.

Yes we have suffered of late but win lose or draw we have seen some great football this season but that will never be from a colin team.

If he was any good at it he wouldn't continually resort to this type of "oneupmanship" antics.

3 hours ago, CityBS15 said:

This interview always makes me smile, the dozy old bugger loves city really 

Cracks me up every time.

I like Warnock. Great character, one of very few left, loves being the pantomime villain, secretly (well not really as he openly says it in his book) likes our club.

8 hours ago, 'keepuplino' said:

Why??  The blokes a ******* winner, everything this club avoids... Mark my words we will lose tomorrow!!

Each to their own matey ...I'm not going to get involved in a Colin love in...I don't deny his knowledge of the game and skills   when it comes to keeping teams up. But I don't like the mans 'way' in games and the way he comes over to the press after games . 

If we lose tomorrow then it won't come as a huge surprise given our current form but as fans of the club surely we go to games with a win in mind and not 'marking words' that we're not! 

Enjoy the game! 

COYR!! :chant6ez:

12 hours ago, shelts said:

Our Colin is a winner. Take a look at his cv. He would love our job. He doesn't wind me up. As always I'll give him a warm reception. 

listen to him talk on subs bench glowing praise for City said he hates the prem an all that stands for it players with headphones cant spare five mins to sign autographs said the games lost its humour no characters anymore he talks the truth get it on catch up a good listen in all fairness he plays with what he got motivates an Rotherham last year had zilch

When Colin was at the Blades they were on MOTD. They lost by the odd goal.

he was interviewed after and in usual Colin fashion ranted and raced about the result and complained that "it just wouldn't  go our way" and "knowing my luck, I'll go home and knock up the missus" 

Gary Lineker nearly fell out ofhis chair......

12 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

The only positive thing I can say about the man, having watched the interview is that at least he consistently remembers to call us Bristol City. ;) 

He was also spot on with his comments about referees. And that's as much as you're getting out of me

Really don't wanna rain on your parade, but all through the video in post 23 above he calls us just Bristol....so I've taken your only 'positive' thing about him away, apologies!

And for what it's worth, I think the bloke is brilliant at his job, brilliant at taking pressure off his players, brilliant at winding up people who fall for his polished and well rehearsed media persona and a great character to have in the game...when he finally retires properly the game will be poorer without his personality...

My take - I look forward to when he brings a team to lay us as it actually creates an atmosphere.  Yes he's a Panto Dame and a wind up merchant but I've never seen a flat atmosphere when he's brought a team to play us, which is a pleasant change these days.

Imprinted on my memory is seeing pretty much the whole of the Dolman rising as one in a sea of rage at his team's antics last season - it looked pretty spectacular from the South Stand.  Not enjoyable to watch but at least he tends to bring the place to lfe.

Archived