IGNORED

Moving forward

Ohbasso

Johnson's future   

259 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is the first thread or poll that I've started so go easy on me!

Sorry to start another Johnson thread but it's slightly different from any others I've seen. It's a hypothetical one really but after hearing SL come out and say he's willing to give Johnson a few more games how would you feel if he started to turn it around a little bit and we went on a run of mid table form?

I've come up with three options -

1 - I've never lost faith in him and will always back him anyway.

2 - I've lost faith in him but he could win me back if our form picks up.

or

3 - I've completely lost faith in him and will never forgive him for this run of form.

For what it's worth I'm option 2. I genuinely thought he's was going to get the chop on Monday and although I really wanted it to work out with Johnson I don't think anyone could've really complained if SL did pull the trigger. That said I'm willing to give him the next couple of league games now but more out of hope than expectation.

If he won a handful of games I'd still want him out, as I don't believe he has the experience needed to take us forward in the long term.

However, if he was taking us the right way and it looked sustainable then of course I'd support him. I think you'd have to have a personal vendetta against him to not be 'won back' if he was doing well, all things considered.

1 minute ago, Griffin said:

If he won a handful of games I'd still want him out, as I don't believe he has the experience needed to take us forward in the long term.

However, if he was taking us the right way and it looked sustainable then of course I'd support him. I think you'd have to have a personal vendetta against him to not be 'won back' if he was doing well, all things considered.

That`s the thing. If it looked like he had `seen the light`, and was showing competence and promise, who wouldn`t support him? If he wins two and it`s a false dawn, however....

Or even if he had a set philosophy about how he wanted to play (And who) and despite results people could actually see what he was trying to do , and can see the signs of some progress in our play / form even if the results aren't

I can't see a single sign of that , in fact I'd suggest we are going backwards, the LJ supporters presumably can see something I certainly can't

One of my few hopes left is the new signings will settle and quickly start to influence results

On that basis Is I'd get rid , regardless of the next two or three results

Unless there was a (And Very Unlikely IMHO) immediate and obvious sign that not only had results changed but a lot else as well

The proof of the pudding will be whether he can demonstrate he`s learnt from this experience and is a better coach as a result although the stories from Barnsley fans about last season suggest that that may be a vain hope.

Still, if SL chooses the route of keeping him here we can only hope that LJ will take a long hard look at himself and admit that he has to improve in a lot of areas. If we do stay up this season I for one don`t want all this to happen again next.

To be perfectly honest mate, I think most people are overthinking it and trying to analyse things. Football fans are fickle, if we win the next 3 games we will all be singing his praises and the 'late play-off run' threads will be started. If he loses the next 3 then he still has to go! No point in analysing it, just follow your team. There is absolutely nothing us mere fans can do about it unfortunately. 

12 minutes ago, Red white and red said:

To be perfectly honest mate, I think most people are overthinking it and trying to analyse things. Football fans are fickle, if we win the next 3 games we will all be singing his praises and the 'late play-off run' threads will be started. If he loses the next 3 then he still has to go! No point in analysing it, just follow your team. There is absolutely nothing us mere fans can do about it unfortunately. 

Now lets not be silly....

I support the team, sometimes I like the manager and sometimes I do not. I voted 3 and I would love him to go on a run and end up mid table as it would mean we were winning. Sadly I don't think he has it in him to turn things around, he's had ample opportunity and , nothing has changed. 

After a year and multiple purchases of players he does not know what formation he wants to play or what his best side is - not even close. He also can't seem to manage the inevitable egos that comes with good players - a bit like his dad in that respect. So, on this basis I just don't see how he is going to deliver any sustained upturn in form unless something suddenly clicks and he sticks with it. But as somebody said, it clicked away at Fulham and then we never saw that shape and line up again. 

Nice guy though and speaks very eloquently. Can't be pleasant being him at the moment knowing so many people want you gone. So has a stubborn streak as well...

1 hour ago, cynic said:

So 24% want LJ gone no matter what he does.

And 76% have either not lost faith or will back him if results pick up.

Hopefully I've read that correctly (feel free to correct me if not).

I'm confused, I thought 80% wanted him gone no matter what ?

It's confusing because it's a confusing poll with silly answers. 

When should a poll have options based on hypothetical scenarios? 'If our form picks up'. Just silliness. 

33 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

It's confusing because it's a confusing poll with silly answers. 

When should a poll have options based on hypothetical scenarios? 'If our form picks up'. Just silliness. 

Not really. 

Trust in him no matter what

Keeping the faith but only just 

Not the right man irrespective- get him out

2 minutes ago, cynic said:

Same as any poll then.

Anyway, the results are clear - the majority of supporters will give LJ time...

Not really -  

19% happy for him to continue - will give him more time

21% want him gone now

60% not happy with him,  but we have no choice but to give him time as he's going nowhere, so he had better start winning.. if so he can win us round. 

Stupid poll really... if he Won the next 5 games with us playing really well of course it would turn many of the doubters including myself... this just simply will not happen... All those who have never lost faith can surely not have a scooby too what their on about where football is concerned because we have been a disgrace these last 2 months with not the slightest amount of proof on the pitch we're progressing!!!

52 minutes ago, cynic said:

Well, thats your take on it.

Fair enough.

Bottom line - Just 21% want him gone now

Which is the vast minority and close to those who want him to continue.

You've lost the plot mate.... he could win fans back IF he wins 2 of the next 3 games? that just isn't going to happen.... 

Archived