IGNORED

Moving forward

Ohbasso

Johnson's future   

259 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, cynic said:

Accurate poll imo.

We're in a situation where it looks like he's not going to get the boot soon so of course the centrist choice will be the one most go for.

My god, I believed in LJ and in 'the project' at the start, I wanted it to work so I've not been a 'hater'.

The handful of LJ supporters left remind me of the Japanese soldier that was still hiding 30 years after WW2 ended who wouldn't believe it was over and thought it was propaganda.

As long as Johnson stays we are relegation fodder. The last 2-3 months clearly point to that. Over more than a third of a season we have collected just 7 points. And he has been given more players than any manager for a long time only to produce the longest run of defeats in our league history. 

On that basis he needs to go sooner rather than later. It should have been Monday...

I have been giving this whole poll business a bit of thought, and IMHO, with a tiny little bit of background in research, I think the poll question should be absolutely cut and dry along the lines of:

Do you think Lee Johnson should be removed immediately as City manager, irrespective of whether a new manager has been lined up and whom that new manager might be.

You could argue the question should just be the first part of the sentence up to the comma, but the second part could serve to remove any ambiguity, I.e. respondents thinking 'yes get rid because we could get ....'

And in terms of sample - while we are long past the days of Internet polls in general being unrepresentative of the population at large - respondents from a football fans forum, whom have taken the time to register, and also chosen to respond to a poll, probably is not indicative of the 'at large' fan base thinking.

Probably much better to seek respondents from all stands at the ground, while recording sex (will still be male dominated I know) and age grouping to see if drilling down the results on those aspects skew the results.  Of course there will still be many factors that could influence general response from one day to the next, from the obvious asking before or after the game depending on the performance /result, to even SL's backing of LJ and Tomlin's recent interview.

Anyway, any volunteers for next Tuesday?!

10 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

As long as Johnson stays we are relegation fodder. The last 2-3 months clearly point to that. Over more than a third of a season we have collected just 7 points. And he has been given more players than any manager for a long time only to produce the longest run of defeats in our league history. 

On that basis he needs to go sooner rather than later. It should have been Monday...

Should have been after Reading, it's getting embarrassing now.

Archived